What can i wrap my chicken in?

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
S: 12st10.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 11st6.5lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st12.5lb(7%)
Parma ham or prosciutto, but both are synned.
 

Roziee

Gold Member
S: 22st10lb C: 17st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 5st6lb(23.9%)
Sorry.. I meant I don't eat any type of bacon for religious reasons so parma ham etc wouldn't work either.

Think I'll just put it in foil hehe don't know why I didn't think of that- doh!
 

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Sorry.. I meant I don't eat any type of bacon for religious reasons so parma ham etc wouldn't work either.

Think I'll just put it in foil hehe don't know why I didn't think of that- doh!

Yeah Id just wrap it in foil, I do that anyway, cook it covered in foil for 20min and then take the foil off to let it crisp up for 5 min.
Theres only really beef, pork and chicken that come sliced. I dont think beef would go with chicken, and chicken wrapped in, er, chicken would seem a bit pointless :D

Although you could try veg - what about wrapping it in a big cabbage leaf, Savoy or something? That could be nice. Or even banana leaf?
 

Roziee

Gold Member
S: 22st10lb C: 17st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 5st6lb(23.9%)
ooo banana leaf.. that would be nice..

Wanna make something delicious with a chicken breast but im not really a fan of breast..more of a leg/thigh girl me..
 

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Oh no Im strictly a breast only girl :D

oh my youve got me searching chicken in banana leaf now... loooks soooo gooooood... ommmm and ommmmm and nommmmmmm, I think I am gonna have to try these! :drool:
 

fairy3853

Full Member
S: 107.73kg C: 107.73kg G: 85.73kg BMI: 40.8 Loss: 0kg(0%)
Go with the bacofoil, that will keep it lovely & moist. If your wanting to stuff the chicken breast & scared of the filling falling out, pierce it togeather with tooth picks. You could also add sliced lemon to the foil pack or basil leafs a Bouquet Garnet is also nice. What about a clove of garlic?
 

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Oh I always stuff mine with Feta, garlic and basil, and sometimes squeeze a little lemon over the top. I have it about once a week :drool:
 

Roziee

Gold Member
S: 22st10lb C: 17st4lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 5st6lb(23.9%)
ermintrude said:
Oh no Im strictly a breast only girl :D

oh my youve got me searching chicken in banana leaf now... loooks soooo gooooood... ommmm and ommmmm and nommmmmmm, I think I am gonna have to try these! :drool:

Look amazing don't they? I have some shops near me that should sell banana leave so I'll be looking into that this week..


fairy3853 said:
Go with the bacofoil, that will keep it lovely & moist. If your wanting to stuff the chicken breast & scared of the filling falling out, pierce it togeather with tooth picks. You could also add sliced lemon to the foil pack or basil leafs a Bouquet Garnet is also nice. What about a clove of garlic?

Yum... Gonna experiment with a bit of breast or two hehe

ermintrude said:
Oh I always stuff mine with Feta, garlic and basil, and sometimes squeeze a little lemon over the top. I have it about once a week :drool:


Sounds delish!
 

loho

Full Member
S: 22st7lb C: 20st6lb G: 20st2lb Loss: 2st1lb(9.21%)
:drool: oooh this is making me hungry and i've not long had my lunch! ermintrude are there any syns in your stuffed chicken it sounds delicious.

I've been searching on line for banana leaves now, love this idea its great!
 

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
On Extra Easy/Original the Feta would be a HEXA but the rest is Free. I usually wrap it in 2 or 3 slices prosciutto though, which are half a syn each on EE/Red.



 

bilsat

Really likes to cook
S: 18st11.5lb C: 11st9.5lb G: 11st11.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 7st2lb(37.95%)
Nice one Ermintrude!
 

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
Theyre just SW chips. Then I pour over any juice that comes off the chicken while its cooking.
 

Lucia Lucia

Silver Member
S: 24st4lb C: 18st1lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 43.4 Loss: 6st3lb(25.59%)
Tinned grapefruit?
 




Top