What can you drink on Exante

Aghhh! I am going insane. Can someone please clarify how much flavoured water one can drink? I mean i know you are meant to drink 3 litres of water- so will weightloss be affected if i drank sainsburys flavoured water? Or do i have to have some plain water at least? I feel so stupid asking :-(

I would think as long as it's low-fat low-cal etc it should be fine. Right now I've got a bottle of Tesco Still Strawberry flavour water in front of me , there's 0 fat, carbs, salt etc, and only 1 calorie for 250mls x

It's more important that it doesn't have citric acid in it than anything else

Are citric acid and sodium citrates the only thing we should avoid? Apart from calories, fat etc obviously

Thanks! Another quick off topic question - earlier I ran out of packs as exante have failed to get my order to me on time (ordered on weekend) So instead I had plain porridge oats made with water will that kick me out of ketosis? :-/

I'm not sure, but even if it does you will still lose weight as your overall calorie intake will still only be tiny x

I hope so hun :) If not, ketosis-friendly high protein low carb food should be fine for you to have instead if you don't want porridge again x

I really don't know, but maybe you should avoid it until someone can give you a more definite answer, just in case x

Gah! Didn't realise we had to avoid sodium citrates as well. There goes my drinking Shapers Cream Soda as a treat then. Only had one, thankfully

This is such a great list! (And so much better than the pure water I've stuck to in the past.)

Does anyone know if rooibos and vanilla tea is okay?

There seems to be quite a few drinks from asda, tesco, etc, that we can drink. Does anyone know of any from morrisons that are suitable, as thats the nearest supermarket to me... and I cant afford to be buying coke zero all the time.... lol.... :)

I think the most common question on here is what drinks can we have - its been asked about a dozen times today :giggle:

SOOOO how bout we make a list

If you have anything else to add copy and paste the most recent list and add yours

Rule of thumb when it comes to soft drinks is anything with NO citric acid...
and, so it would seem, NO lactic acid

Tea
Coffee
Coke Zero
Asda Diet Coke
Dr Pepper Zero
Bouillon
Green Tea
Peppermint Tea
tescos own strawberry water
Sainsburys strawberry and kiwi sparkling water

Asda Cola Zero (No Citric Acid and even better no aspartame)
Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
Sainsbury's Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Sainsbury's Classic Zero (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
all im worried about is - the fact they still all have sweetners in them (artificial or none artificial) sugars make you hungry dont they !?? and contain calories !! im too scared to drink anything but water and black tea/coffee just in case ha ha x x x x

Hi Everyone,

I'm a restarter looking for inspiration and have found this thread valuable.
I find plain water really difficult to drink if its not a hot and sunny day so lots of helpful ideas are great. My shopping list is now brimming.

Starlight - you say you use CD flavouring all the time. Where do you buy these, as I assume you can only get them from a CD councillor and you list Exante as your diet. I did Lightlife a couple of yrs ago and my councillor was allowed to sell the water flavouring to non LL clients. Is this the same with CD?

I have something called vecon in my cupboard from when i did SW, anyone know if you can drink this? its a vegetable liquid stock

Does it contain malic acid or citric acid? How many carbs/cals per serving? x

Stocked up on bouillon and coke zero today :) Is there a limit of hpw much you can have per day?

Back