What can you drink on Exante

Hi James!

Caffeine seems to be fine on Exante, I drink it regularly. Coke Zero and Dr Pepper Zero also seem fine, although some people think if they have too much it slows their losses. I have 2-3 cans a day!!

It's just milk and anything carby we can't have.

Good Luck!

L x

Cheers for the info Laura, I will stick to 1 to 2 cans of the zero a day, and I just picked up some soup stuff called boullion ( maybe wrong spelling ) which is pretty good with white pepper. Day 2 down :)

I'm really confused. I'm on Total solution and it's my second day, I've read that I can only drink water, coffee and green tea.

Where is everyone getting this information from about the other drinks?

Kape

If u go to the vary first page of this thread, it is all explained to you.
Hope this helps

Stapo

I think the most common question on here is what drinks can we have - its been asked about a dozen times today :giggle:

SOOOO how bout we make a list

If you have anything else to add copy and paste the most recent list and add yours

Rule of thumb when it comes to soft drinks is anything with NO citric acid...
and, so it would seem, NO lactic acid

Tea
Coffee
Coke Zero
Asda Diet Coke
Dr Pepper Zero
Bouillon
Green Tea
Peppermint Tea
tescos own strawberry water
Sainsburys strawberry and kiwi sparkling water

Asda Cola Zero (No Citric Acid and even better no aspartame)
Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
Sainsbury's Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Sainsbury's Classic Zero (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)

I have bought some Sainsburys kiwi and strawberry sparkling water tonight and sadly - it has citric acid in it,

Things change so make sure you check labels before you buy, just beware this isn't any longer OK

What I still don't really understand is, where is all this information coming from? Am I right in saying that all of these listed are just word of mouth?

My booklets states

"Drink around 2-3 litres of still or sparkling water per day. Black tea or coffee also count towards your fluid target. Tablet sweeteners can be used if required."

Nowhere does it state any other drinks or liquids that can be consumed. Don't get me wrong I happy for those who can consume other drinks and still lose weight, however I don't think that we should be advertising to other slimmers who want to utilise Exante's weight loss potential. After all, there is no way to tell whether or not you will lose the same amount whilst drinking these other drinks. Yes you may stay in ketosis but you may have lost an extra pound or two without drinking these so called allowed beverages.

I don't want to make any enemies on here as I am still new - just thought I'd share my rational thinking.

I would say the info comes from experience, and for those who want to follow exante down to a T that's fine, they will do.

For some its good to have a bit more choice, otherwise it can become boring.

It's down to the individual really - no1 is saying you have to have one of the drinks, but its good to know that even if you have one it most likely wont affect your loss. I wouldn't say that's a bad thing at all.

Exante state on their packets how to prepare the meals but tbh I don't follow them, I'll add more water and more seasoning to my taste. I think it's similar with the drinks, ok we can have water no bother, but you can have something else too but know it might have an impact, it might not, but its good to have choice xx

I know Ali, each to their own. I just fear that some people may not realise that these aren't hard facts and it wont work for everyone. I'm still on my first week of the diet, so I can't really say that I might not need to give some of these a try at some point! :) x

is there a way to make the green tea taste better? have tried sweetners and still yuck!

oooo I don't know purpleblaze, I can't think of anything that I would add to it!!

is there a way to make the green tea taste better? have tried sweetners and still yuck!

A bin, and make sure it stays there? Hehe I don't know, I can't get on with green tea, or any of the minty ones either. I just take normal tea and make it very weak. Now and then I'll have a cup with skimmed milk, but only a drop to take the edge off.

Have you tried the exante water flavourings? I've got the peach one and it is very nice :) xx

thanks guys. agree perhaps the bin would be better! have got the peach its lush, just got coke zero for a bit of a change

Do you leave the tea bag in for too long?
I used to hate green tea because it tasted bitter.....I was then told if you leave the tea bag in for too long that's what causes the bitter taste.
I now just leave it in for about 1 minute and the tea tastes yummy.

Oh and I nearly cried today when I saw tescos didn't have their strawberry water anymore.
First they stopped the apple and now this!!

Are there ANY flavoured waters we can drink?
Flavoured water is what kept me going last time.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have a very small amount of milk with a cup of tea? I only have 2 cups a day and I wouldn't have thought two small splashes of milk would be anywhere near enough to take you out of ketosis, what do you all think?

On S&S you can have a bit of skimmed milk so I assume it doesn't affect ketosis.
One way to find out :D

ASDA's coke zero cherry seems not to have any citric acid in - not sure anyone's mentioned this?

I've had a couple of glasses this week - I hope it's not going to affect my weightloss.

Tesco xero cola, and xero cherry cola are fine too :)

Back