What can you drink on Exante

ASDA's coke zero cherry seems not to have any citric acid in - not sure anyone's mentioned this?

I've had a couple of glasses this week - I hope it's not going to affect my weightloss.

You can now get Coca-Cola Coke zero cherry that doesn't have citric acid in it either. I noticed it last night so bought a few bottles and it actually tastes nice.

You can now get Coca-Cola Coke zero cherry that doesn't have citric acid in it either. I noticed it last night so bought a few bottles and it actually tastes nice.

Oooh which supermarket? Ive tried it but got it from an obviously expensive American shop. I'll go on a hunt tomorrow!

Oooh which supermarket? Ive tried it but got it from an obviously expensive American shop. I'll go on a hunt tomorrow!

I found it in Asda so you might even be able to get it from their online shopping site. I have just had a glass and it tastes just like cherry coke but with none of the sugar :)

I'm so confused about citric acid! i mean yeah i understand the science side of things, but i'm pretty sure if you were to live on 300-500 cals a day and diet coke with citric acid you'd still loose tonnes of weight, you're practically starving, is ketosis really that important? i've known a lot of anorexics to live off of pepsi max, and they seem to be loosing enough weight! surely it'd be easier for us bigger people :S xx

Oh and I nearly cried today when I saw tescos didn't have their strawberry water anymore.
First they stopped the apple and now this!!

Are there ANY flavoured waters we can drink?
Flavoured water is what kept me going last time.

the only flavoured water ive found that doesnt have citric acid in it is sainsburys berry one. i think its cherry and blueberry, its yummy but very sweet , belive me ive looked in tescos, asda and sainsburys and thats the only one thats citric acid free :(

Nik

I'm so confused about citric acid! i mean yeah i understand the science side of things, but i'm pretty sure if you were to live on 300-500 cals a day and diet coke with citric acid you'd still loose tonnes of weight, you're practically starving, is ketosis really that important? i've known a lot of anorexics to live off of pepsi max, and they seem to be loosing enough weight! surely it'd be easier for us bigger people :S xx

Ketosis is what keeps your lean muscle mass from being decimated. Anorexics end up with all sorts of metabolic disorders and massively decimated muscle.

Exante say black tea and coffee, if I had skimmed milk in my tea would it take me out ketotis??????? Or is it just adding calories? Really struggling with liquid intake I love tea
Please help

skimmed or even semi-skimmed milk should be fine :)

Hi Guys, so im back on TS exante, determined to make this my last time, now at 27 I feel like I need to kick some butt and get my weight in order. Just on the topic of drink, because I do drink plenty of water but after shakes, bars and just water im sure you all know you constantly have a sicky, empy, horrible taste its just not a nice experience without some other taste. So today I went into sainsburys and bought their "Sparkling blackurrant & Cherry flavoured spring water" with no added sugar it doesnt have citric acid but it does say per 250ml it has 5 cals and 0.5g of sugar. An average glass is maybe 400mls so, a glass im looking at lets just say 10 cals and 1.g of sugar is this ok on TS?? I looked everywhere today and could not find any flavoured water that had NO cals and no citric acid, if it has no cals it had citric acid and visa versa, what happened to all the water a year ago?? lol
Here is the ingredients of this water

Carbonated spring water
Apple juice from concentrate (2%)
Malic Acid
Flavourings,
preservatives
Potassium sorbate
Sweetener: Sucralose

It does state that the sweeterners are natural but dont think it makes a blind difference if all converts to sugar, so my question is, is this ok for exante ts and ketosis?? and if not what is there?? Any advice much apreciated! :)

i feel like im cheating if i drink anything but water.... but maybe might write a list down as i could sure do with some extra flavour in my mouth!!! haha :D

Hi Everyone

I'm new here. Starting Exante today!

Is it really ok to have skimmed milk in coffee? I hate it black but if that's how I have to have it then I will suffer. :cry:

Hi Everyone

I'm new here. Starting Exante today!

Is it really ok to have skimmed milk in coffee? I hate it black but if that's how I have to have it then I will suffer. :cry:

If you're doing Total Solution then you can't have milk at all. If you're doing Working Solution then some milk is allowed. If you're doing TS and cant drink your coffee black then you can do what some others have done and use a teaspoonful of the vanilla shake instead of milk, apparently it's quite nice but I like mine black so haven't tried it.

If you're doing Total Solution then you can't have milk at all. If you're doing Working Solution then some milk is allowed. If you're doing TS and cant drink your coffee black then you can do what some others have done and use a teaspoonful of the vanilla shake instead of milk, apparently it's quite nice but I like mine black so haven't tried it.

Thanks Jael that's a great idea. I'm doing TS so I will try to persevere with the black tea and coffee and will use the vanilla shake if I get desperate! ;)

Was in Tesco today, they have the strawberry water but it's got citric acid in it now :( Couldn't find any waters without :(

Ladies, do you know if you can drink vita coco (coconut water) on exante... 5% carbs but only 1% fruit sugar, 18 cals per 100ml? Am guessing probs not but thought I'd ask the pros!

Thanks

So, t[FONT=arial, sans-serif]he Exa[/FONT]nte drink mixes aren't really recommended?

Back