What can you drink on Exante

Is it wrong to be so excited that coke zero (in moderation, provided it doesn't stop ketosis) is ok?! So happy!!

Hi!

Sorry to bump at old thread. I am planning to use Exante as part of a 5:2 diet.

Is it still important not to have drinks with citric acid in, or does this not matter as much seeing as I won't be going into ketosis?

Thanks

Hi!

Sorry to bump at old thread. I am planning to use Exante as part of a 5:2 diet.

Is it still important not to have drinks with citric acid in, or does this not matter as much seeing as I won't be going into ketosis?

Thanks

I don't think the citric acid thing you apply to you, if I'm correct 5:2 is more about your weekly calorie deficit so coke zero is a good option :)

I used to be addicted to Coke Zero. Maybe I still am.
I would have around 2L per day, either cans or bottles, and was spending crazy amounts of money on the stuff. I loved the taste, simple as that. And this was before I started on Exante (this time around :D ).

The aspartame worries me, sure, but it didn't bother me enough to stop - until I started Exante this time.

I have now given up most soft drinks, and mainly drink water (including sparkling), and find it helps enormously. Coke Zero, you see, made me crave sweet foods, especially chocolate. I consider it a false friend, nothing to do with any citric acid, or 'being knocked out of ketosis' ;)
It just seems to make me hungrier, and let's face it, it can't be good for you!

My current vice is coffee WITH MILK :eek:

I know it's not recommended on this plan, but it works FOR ME :) It satisfies me when hungry, and helps to repress feelings of hunger for longer. I have around 3-4 cups per day, switching to de-caff in the evenings.

Am I still in ketosis? Who knows, but i generally don't feel hungry on TS just now, and I am losing weight.

Anyway, just my experience and contribution to the thread - water and coffee (with some milk), not much else...

I used to be addicted to Coke Zero. Maybe I still am. I would have around 2L per day, either cans or bottles, and was spending crazy amounts of money on the stuff. I loved the taste, simple as that. And this was before I started on Exante (this time around :D ). The aspartame worries me, sure, but it didn't bother me enough to stop - until I started Exante this time. I have now given up most soft drinks, and mainly drink water (including sparkling), and find it helps enormously. Coke Zero, you see, made me crave sweet foods, especially chocolate. I consider it a false friend, nothing to do with any citric acid, or 'being knocked out of ketosis' ;) It just seems to make me hungrier, and let's face it, it can't be good for you! My current vice is coffee WITH MILK :eek: I know it's not recommended on this plan, but it works FOR ME :) It satisfies me when hungry, and helps to repress feelings of hunger for longer. I have around 3-4 cups per day, switching to de-caff in the evenings. Am I still in ketosis? Who knows, but i generally don't feel hungry on TS just now, and I am losing weight. Anyway, just my experience and contribution to the thread - water and coffee (with some milk), not much else...

That's good advice scan bran cause everyone is different. You need to find what works for you :) just because it's listed by exante doesn't mean it will agree with each person, and if something isn't listed doesn't mean it will affect your losses. I'm making my own version of the diet up as I go trial and error, so far only had trial and success tho :) x

Boullion has 12 calories a cup is it ok to drink?

Hi Ladyjo I have 2 cups of boullion everyday (prefer it to Exante soups) & its never effected my weight loss when doing VLCD, hope this info helps:)

Hi all, a lot of diet coke/coke zero stuff im reading at the moment.

Loved coke zero treats when on exante previously but now understand it has the citric acid in which means it shouldnt be used for optimum weight loss.

Read that normal diet coke may now be ok? Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks in advance, x

Hi all, a lot of diet coke/coke zero stuff im reading at the moment.

Loved coke zero treats when on exante previously but now understand it has the citric acid in which means it shouldnt be used for optimum weight loss.

Read that normal diet coke may now be ok? Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks in advance, x

I have just looked at a can of Coke Zero bought last week. There is no citric acid listed in the ingredients. I don't have any Diet Coke so I can't confirm what is in that.

Exante hasn't updated their list of allowable foods as far as I know. These are allowed:

Total Solution List
Total Solution is an abstinence based programme where you consume either 3 x 200 calorie or 4 x150 calorie Exante Diet food packs per day and no conventional food. For best results you should consume:

• 3 x 200 calorie or 4 x 150 calorie Exante Diet meal products per day.
  • 2 - 4 litres of water per day (still or sparkling)
Food packs should be prepared without the use of oil/fat (Frylight or similar is acceptable).

Drinks Maximum Amount
Coffee, no milk - freeze dried (flavoured or regular), freshly roasted, decaffeinated or regular Unlimited
Tea, no milk - tea from the leaf, root or seed (not fruit based or from the flower) Unlimited
Coke Zero, Dr Pepper Zero or other sugar free soft drink NOT containing citric acid 330 mls per day
Exante Drinks Mix 4tsp per day
Stock powder/bullion or stock cube 2 tsp. or 1 cube per day
Beef Bovril or Marmite 1 tsp. per day
Condiments Maximum Amount
Walden Farms products (all varieties as long as calorie and carb free) 3tbsp. per day
All herbs and spices - dried, fresh or in a tube/jar Unlimited
Garlic (fresh, paste or powder) Unlimited
Frylight or other 1 kcal spray Unlimited
Tabasco Unlimited
Soya sauce, Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp per day
Fish sauce Unlimited
Tablet Sweetener Unlimited
Vinegar - malt, balsamic 1 tsp per day
Salt, pepper Unlimited

Hi,

This is the article that sparked my question...

http://www.exantediet.com/blog/health-trends/coke-zero-ketosis/

I think if you can find the old style 'coke zero' which is probably still being sold in some shops you are fine. The rebranded packaging of coke zero sugar has the ingredient in.

Wonder when they'll update the website!

x

That's good to know. I won't drink the rest of the pack. I like Dr Pepper Zero so I'll buy a pack of that if I need a sweet fix.

Will have to try and find some of that - think id like it too !!

Been using this thread for years... Just treated myself to Dr Pepper zero... On day #2 of exante and struggling! I used to find this easy! ARgggh

For me black coffee and DIY lemon infused water have been the best things to keep me on track

I think the most common question on here is what drinks can we have - its been asked about a dozen times today :giggle:

SOOOO how bout we make a list

If you have anything else to add copy and paste the most recent list and add yours

Rule of thumb when it comes to soft drinks is anything with NO citric acid...
and, so it would seem, NO lactic acid

Tea
Coffee
Coke Zero
Asda Diet Coke
Dr Pepper Zero
Bouillon
Green Tea
Peppermint Tea
tescos own strawberry water
Sainsburys strawberry and kiwi sparkling water
Asda Cola Zero (No Citric Acid and even better no aspartame)
Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
Sainsbury's Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Sainsbury's Classic Zero (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
Is Pepsi max ok ??

Back