What colour should a ketone stick be?

louiser

Trying very hard!
Hiya, hope your all having a good weekend.

I'm on day 6 and I didnt have any sticks until today,

I havent felt hungry at all and I have felt as if I have more energy.
I havent really or anything though.

When I tested I was only at the first pink colour, I think I thought that if you were properly in ketosis you would be a darker pink than that.
I have stuck to the diet 100% and thought that I would be in ketosis by now!

Thank you,
Louise x

Hi, as far as i know the sticks should be light pink to medium pink in colour. When i did lighter life last year you had to show your stick to the councellour and when mine were dark she told me i wasnt drinking enough water (which was true). Having the really dark colour is not a good thing apparently.

Hope this helps and it's sounds like your doing fine.

kaye
x

Hiya, hope your all having a good weekend.

I'm on day 6 and I didnt have any sticks until today,

I havent felt hungry at all and I have felt as if I have more energy.
I havent really or anything though.

When I tested I was only at the first pink colour, I think I thought that if you were properly in ketosis you would be a darker pink than that.
I have stuck to the diet 100% and thought that I would be in ketosis by now!

Thank you,
Louise x

hey Louise - well done on getting to day 6 :D

ketostix should be a pinky colour - if it's dark pink, it can mean that you're dehydrated BUT I have clients who are drinking 4litres plus per day and theirs is dark pink - they're just excreting lots of ketones :)

try not to get too panicked bout the colour - if you're following the plan correctly, you cannot fail to lose weight.

Debz xx

hey Louise - well done on getting to day 6 :D

ketostix should be a pinky colour - if it's dark pink, it can mean that you're dehydrated BUT I have clients who are drinking 4litres plus per day and theirs is dark pink - they're just excreting lots of ketones :)

try not to get too panicked bout the colour - if you're following the plan correctly, you cannot fail to lose weight.

Debz xx

phew thanks for this.. i have been drinking 4-5 litres a day and my sticks have been really dark...!!! i just couldnt face drinking more water!!

Thank you for your replies, I tested again later on (i'm like that for some reason!) and it was two colours down, only thing I can think of if I hadnt had much water since.

Good to know everythings normal lol! I just worried that I wasnt properly in ketosis, I am looking forward to bars in week 3 so I worried that I was carb sensitive and would have trouble staying in so might not be able to have them!

Thanks again xx

Back