What did you get for Christmas?

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Ok I know a little early, but this sort of follows on from the Christmas pressie thread.

Tomorrow we're having breakfast then going out & wont be opening our pressies until we get back.

Already I know what me & OH have got each other, stockings and we are buying our flights to India on Boxing day, we are both putting in £150 & the rest will come out of the holiday pot;)

Okie dokies, please share what you've received:D

I am such a traditionalist i would never open a present until after breakfast on Christmas day but this year Paul gave me one present 2 days ago as he knew I would love to incorporate them with our Christmas decorations.

It is 2 beautiful art deco silver candelabras of the typical art deco lady leaning back, hair streaming . The candle part is callow lilies. The are just so fantastic. I am thrilled with them......beyond thrilled in fact. Not only are they such a wonderful and thoughtful gift to give me, it is the first time for several years we have been able to manage Christmas presents.

They look amazing with silver candles in them. I will take photos at some time.

I am such a traditionalist i would never open a present until after breakfast on Christmas day but this year Paul gave me one present 2 days ago as he knew I would love to incorporate them with our Christmas decorations.

It is 2 beautiful art deco silver candelabras of the typical art deco lady leaning back, hair streaming . The candle part is callow lilies. The are just so fantastic. I am thrilled with them......beyond thrilled in fact. Not only are they such a wonderful and thoughtful gift to give me, it is the first time for several years we have been able to manage Christmas presents.

They look amazing with silver candles in them. I will take photos at some time.

Wow they sound gorgeous a photo would be brill.

How thoughtful filly - they sound delightful look forward to seeing the pic x

He is so thoughtful. It is no wonder I still love him so much after 27 years of marriage.

We are up bright and early this morning as we are out for lunch with the witch and she likes to eat early and I want to do a few things for tomorrows proper christmas lunch for our friends. So pressies have been opened and I will have no prob. posting photos as Paul has also bought me a super, duper state of the art ( well for this country bumpkin) Samsung camera that does so many things I am sure it will take me an age to learn how to use it properly. I love the colour too. It is a bright, christmasy red and is the really posh top end one. Gosh !!!!! He had hung one small pressie in the tree ( our tree is suspended sideways from the ceiling, photo to follow) it was so nicely wrapped and in it was a memory card. I could not believe my eyes. I am so lucky. He has bought me a bottle of my favourite toffee vodka as well which as we all know has no calories or syns on Christmas day and Boxing day and on all other days if drunk out of someone elses glass.

samsung-wb100-023-dynamic-red.jpg

This is one happy lady.

Last edited:
am waiting to open mine later on as we always open them later on. daughter had her special one from santa, she was so so happy. she got a desk and chair in pink.

i've not opened any of mine yet, i wasn't aloud downstairs till after 9 (i'm 31 :p lmao). and i can't open any presents till my sister gets here, i was told to leave the turkey alone (never went near it) and a mtv type channel playing non stop xmas music is on..so mum turns the volume up when mud's lonely this xmas is on.

so far a typical xmas .. will update later :p

So far I've had from my husband: a bottle of Sancerre (no Syns! Haha!), a box of Lindt Swiss collection chocs (again no Syns!), a hot water bottle and cover with Golden Retriever puppies on (so me :D), a book about a ginger cat and a triple choc Toblerone cookie mix (again no Syns!!). Plus we save about some on our budget for each other so we can go on a shopping trip together (Cambridge next week!).
Also had Emeli Sande CD from hubby's Auntie & Uncle.
Waiting for parents and sister to arrive, so more presents to come! And then even more tomorrow as we are off to in-laws. I like spreading out the presents over a few days!
Merry Christmas everyone X

Not allowed to open them till after lunch which will be about 3pm.

OH and I have been told by eldest that the money he was lending us for our house he is actually giving us as a payback for all the things we have done for him and his brother over the last 26 years.:) Best Christmas present ever.
What a lovely gift, so thoughtful :)

We're not opening until after dinner when my brother gets hope. Here's what Santa left under the tree! These are between me, brother, mam and dad.

Love the sound of everyone's prezzies, hope you all have an amazing day :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2560944076.jpg
    image-2560944076.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 133
I had my presents before Xmas coz hubby bought things I wanted/needed like a winter coat & some perfume :) we said no presents today but he surprised me with a kobo mini with a little card saying he knew I'd like it & he knows we are trying to pay debts so we can go on holiday next year so he used his tip money to buy it for me, he can be so lovely :D

Also got a bag off my mum (I picked it but wast allowed it till today)

MIL gives money so we can use it for whatever we need/want to

Not seen friends yet so should have a few more little bits too :)

I am officially spoilt. My family are far too generous...will just detail the bigger pressies.
Blu Ray player
Laptop (my mum appeared after my 2 sisters, stepdad and I had opened all our pressies with 4 santa bags...she had a new laptop for each of us-she's insane)
Concert tickets
Money
DKNY perfume
Dawson's Creek-All seasons on DVD.
And then all the usuals...cds, dvds, wee perfumes, fake eyelashes, nails, tan etc etc.
Soooo happy <3 Have a great day

OH and I have been told by eldest that the money he was lending us for our house he is actually giving us as a payback for all the things we have done for him and his brother over the last 26 years.:) Best Christmas present ever.

Would a lovely gift, I hope I can do the same one day for my parents x

ahhh thats so lovely.

We're not opening until after dinner when my brother gets hope. Here's what Santa left under the tree! These are between me, brother, mam and dad.

Love the sound of everyone's prezzies, hope you all have an amazing day :) xxx

Yikes, how many pressies.

As you all know we get stocking fillers, OH usually gets me some nice underwear & this year he'd spent up on just that!!! But i also got a high viz rucksack (asked for), chocs, pukka tea bgs, candles & shower stuff; my son got me wine, cocs & candles, wine from daughter; sweeties, jumper & gin off my dad; wine (bit of a pattern here!) smellies & nightshirt off my mum; bed head shampoo, conditioner, daily conditioner, chcos, small bottles of gin, quince liquer, soap, mango dressing, raspberry & sloe cordial, quiz, magnet, chocs, gob stopper & ginger beer kit.

All lovely gifts, i'll put the chocs in 5 syns bags.

We've just got home from the hotel where we had Xmas dinner, it was lovely :)

My presents from hubby are:
Iphone 4 & holder for the car (for when I use it as a sat nav)
Dressing gown
2 pairs of pjs
superdry hoodie
superdry jumper
superdry shorts
superdry vest tops (you can probably tell by now that I like Superdry) lol
street fighter for ps3
Wii just dance
And a few other bits
purple handbag
purple shoes
purple peplum top
high waisted jeans
Some designer ankle boots

Mother in law bought me:
Britney hidden fantasy perfume gift set
Avon far away gift set
soap and glory boxset
gold beaded coasters
Lindt chocolates

Auntie & Uncle bought me a lovely big bottle of Ghost sweetheart perfume, not something I've tried before but it smells beautiful.

My sister bought me some baby pink pjs from la senza.

Ive been a very spoilt girl this year.

We are about to go over to my brother in laws now so looking forward to seeing what pressies they have for us ;)

Last edited:
I got engaged!!!!!! :) So happy and completely didn't expect it, OH isn't usually the romantic type so he really took me by surprise!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back