What diets have people moved from CD to?

fingers crossed

Silver Member
As some of you will know I've been having major health issues since I restarted on CD a few weeks back. I'm now thinking through alternative options as, despite liking the huge loss I can't put my body through this for any length of time.

So just wondering... who has swapped CD for another diet & been successful? I'm 1 stone 9 off BMI 25 & would ideally like to have the bulk of that off in the next 2 months but I realise thats less likely on a different plan. You experiences much appreciated...

Hi FC, I havent moved off, just up the plans and thats really working for me, something to consider?

Anyway for maintenance I am intending to do ww maintenance, easier than counting calories :)

Hi FC, I havent moved off, just up the plans and thats really working for me, something to consider?

Anyway for maintenance I am intending to do ww maintenance, easier than counting calories :)

I think moving up the plans is going to have to be my first step if I'm to limit the damage already done yesterday!

Hi there

There are a lot of people have moved from CD/LL very successfully to WW or SW. A couple have had a minor (1/2lb gain in week one) but most have actually lost the first week theyve changed...

Either seem to be very successful for people to swap to :)

The Queen of WW! You've done so well!

Yes I think this is an option. I keep thinking the most I've ever lost on WW or CD is about 1 or 2 stone, then remember thats all I need to lose! It takes a while for my head to catch up.

Any Atkins fans with experiences to share?

I went low carb (atkins) after falling of the CD wagon last time, lost a stone, but the incentive wasn't there to keep going,as I was about 3 stone away from target weight.It was a great diet though, but my head wasn't in the right place, hence me being back on ss!! :) Good Luck with your choice

low carbing could be a good option for the FC. you would remain in ketosis and the weight losses are a wee bit higher in my experience than WW or SW. of course it is very unforgiving, a bit like this really, so you do have to stick to it. i used to stick to 40g carbs a day, so loads of veg and meat, the odd bit of cheese, the occasional couple of raspberries... mmm. ha. i got horribly addicted to cauliflower mash. it is a food of the gods. in fact my OH still prefers his spag bol without spaghetti and cauli mash instead. and it goes well on the top of shepherds pie. not to mention making tacos but using lettuce leaves as the 'taco' bit :D

have made myself hungry now :(

abz xx

How do you make cauli mash? Prob being thick here, but doesnt it turn to water?

you boil it up like you usually would until it's cooked but not to death so it's falling apart. then you drain it and mash it and add cream or butter if you want to. depends what version of low carbing you are doing i suppose and whether you are watching the cals... i tend to mash it while it's still on the heat to get rid of any of the excess water you mash out :D it's awesome. and you can use it in place of rice, pasta or potato. i haven't found a dish where it didn't work to be honest!! but the carbs do add up with it. it's low, but i was following 40g of carbs a day and got good losses. some folk doing atkins were on 20g and had to watch how much of it they ate i think. but it was still a fave :D

abz xx

I think moving up the plans is going to have to be my first step if I'm to limit the damage already done yesterday!

People often don't realise that CD SS is only one of the Cambridge diets. They find SS isn't for them, so look for other diets.

You don't just have to 'move up' the plans. Each of the plans is a diet in its own right. Many people just stick with CD810 and still get the great losses and a lot of food with it!

Very best of luck with what ever plan you go for, but don't discount the other Cambridge diets :)

Thank you all for your support & ideas. I'm giving SS one final push from today & will consider the other options in a few weeks time or when I next pass out! Having people there who understand & share advice really has helped me to keep strong & get my backside in gear. x

listen to your body hon. if you are getting so light headed you are near faint have a low carb snack of some kind. it's better than passing out again!! keep something handy like a peperami or some chicken pieces or something. you need to look after you!!

abz xx

Back