What diets have you tried?

I joined weight watchers age about 12 with my Mam (I think it was just puppy fat), but my GP signed, so off I went. Got to my goal weigh of 6stone 10lbs!! ( I was only 12, and 4ft something!).

Rejoined WW whilst in my final year of Uni - I weighed 9stone 13lbs. Got to 9stone 4lbs - it took me over a year! But that wasnt even my goal. I never made it there!! Rejoined WW and Slimming World countless times, each time with a new start weigh, higher than the last.

In between times, I have tried Atkins, South Beach, general eating less & moving more, Counting calories, tried herbal 'metabolism boosters'. To be fair, the eating less option was the best.

Then I met OH, ate some rubbish, my thyroid packed in, and I put on about 5 stone. So here I am doing Cambridge and loving it!

Most of my battle with weight was when I was only marginally over BMI25, so really I want overweight in the first place.

I just cant wait to get back there. But this time I will be grateful!!

Last edited:
My mum esed to take me to 'slimming' when i was 7 even though i was a ''normal' weight
Then in my teens to the same class (again I was a '''normal'' weight)

They always said I needed to lose though, and I never managed to lose more than a few lbs.

Then in my teens I went on my own, went a few times and didnt like it. Lost a few lbs.

In my early 20's I took duromine and lost 2 and half stone, put the lot back on and some. Wouldnt recommend anyone take that stuff, it wrecks your mind. Plus they only want your money.

in my early 30's i tried reductill, didnt really do much for me, put more on and then some. Would recommend this as its under GP's guidance and obviously works for some people.

This time though doing it myself and had the most success, just started going to ww to support my mum.

if you don't have the ''light bulb moment'' then nothing will work, this is the first time I had that ''light bulb moment'' I never experienced it before, motivation spillling out but dont know where from or why it's lasted. Maybe because I'm not under any pressure to do it for someone else.

I used to take amphetamines, dead slim but ruined my heart for good!
Atkins, worked really well.
Cambridge, works really well.

t
my house was clean though from all that buzzing!
:D I remember getting tenuate dospan from a private doctor. I was ironing stuff that had been ironed
th_Confused8.gif

I used to take amphetamines, dead slim but ruined my heart for good!
Atkins, worked really well.
Cambridge, works really well.

So true about the Amphetamines (Speed) Annie!!! Glad you are finding that CC works really well for you :D:D:D

Great thread idea...

I've tried:

Atkins - lost around 2 stone, felt wonderful, loved the food choices (but couldn't imagine all that high fat now) such as coffee with double cream (yummy). No idea how I survived without crisps and sweet snacks for months and months, but I did.

WW - refreshing to be able to eat proper meals, without having to cut out potatoes, or pasta, or rice. Low fat options are available for almost anything. And crisps, being my one vice, are allowed. Lost around 1-2lb per week on this diet, also.

Sacred Heart Diet - lasted 2 days. I was dreading it, but it was actually okay eating fruit and soup the first day (and I'm not really a fan of fruit!) but the second day - veggies and soup? Argh!! Would consider it again for a plateau, though.

And that's about it... thought about trying SW, but I just don't understand all that working out. I need really simple rules, I'm afraid.

Back