What do do when you gain weight instead of losing it?

fumanchu

I've put on just over 1lb instead of losing 3lb as I expected :eek: - I've let the carbs creep up a wee bit, they're averaging around 50 for the past week, but the calories are only around 500. I'm just not hungry. So why has my weight gone up instead of down? And what should I do now to fix that? Thanks. :(

Are you drinking enough water? As your eating less kcals your not getting as much water from your foods .. So Therefore need more water...

Perhaps you need to eat a bit more animals and plants ? I don't think primal is meant to be a VLCD - fasting a few days a week can be good for you as part of the primal WOL but not every day :)

Ok ty, will drink more. I find I'm just not hungry much. WIll pay a bit more attention to meals and what's in them. TY .

Ok :D. Today I had
Breakfast - 3 cups of tea (almond milk, no sugar)
Lunch - cold chicken salad, plus tea.
Dinner - boiled egg and 2 oatcakes with Brie, plus tea.
That's the usual sort of pattern of my meals, either chicken or omelettes or sometimes a stew.

I'll try green tea, and try to cook more filling substantial meals - the hot weather has knocked me off doing that. It has to be diet for me because my knees and hip are knackered :D TY xxx

I'm not trying to count calories - just that myfitnesspal gives them as a total, and I included it to show you how I'm not over eating :)
I have tried today to eat more but I end up feeling like a stuffed cushion lol

Back