what do i do now?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hey guys and girls,

Decided to use slow cooker for first time today, yesterday i printed loads of beef recipes on and chose one to do today. However i made a mistake and managed to combine two recipes i had on one sheet and have messed it up. I now have lean steak and potatoes and carrots, and onion with garlic in beef stock, which looks very fatty.

Didnt cost me loads but tastes like crap. what can i do with it? xxx

That doesn't sound too bad to me - just a bit like a beef stew? It shouldn't look fatty as there's no fat or oil in it unless you added some. You could just thicken your gravy with some cornflour (mix it into some milk ) and make it a stew. Try adding some worcestershire sauce to improve the flavour.

Hey guys and girls,

Decided to use slow cooker for first time today, yesterday i printed loads of beef recipes on and chose one to do today. However i made a mistake and managed to combine two recipes i had on one sheet and have messed it up. I now have lean steak and potatoes and carrots, and onion with garlic in beef stock, which looks very fatty.

Didnt cost me loads but tastes like crap. what can i do with it? xxx

well you could use it in a thanksgiving dinner, in which the guests have to eat it and pretend to like it...

I've been watching too much friends!! :p

I browned the beef honest!

I ended up chucking it. It looked fatty and didnt smell very nice. it had no flavour and not a gret texture to any of the foods. Dont know what went wrong, but it werent right thats for sure!

lol Fern! That sounds like the stuff I usually put in a beef casserole. It would have probably been salvageable with a bit of tweaking - herbs, thickening up etc.

Better luck next time chick xxx

I love my slow cooker. I had stewing beef the other day and put it in with onions peppers and a jar of stir fry sauce which I syned. It was a nice black bean and beef stew which I had with rice.
Mine does do stews in far less time thanit says tho.

Back