What Do U Eat On Weigh Day???

When I last done SW there were some ladies who were so determined to lose weight that they took water tablets on weigh in day!! I dont eat after 2pm on wi day, but I do make sure dinner is in the oven ready for when i get home after.

hahaha so glad i posted this thread its proper tickled me!! I work exactly the same as most of yas :D i thought i was just bein sneaky haha but yessssss not the only one!
Oh and the rest idea...genious! haha ill try that one! but ppl do say ur lighter after a good nights rest! :/ so why not ey! haha and thanks for ur honesty about the number 2's!! haha x x x

ooft but the thing about the pills!! am not that extreme :| theres losing a pound n cheating!! unhealthy!! xx

Sorry guys I think this is wrong, your just cheating yourselves plus why deprive your body of the food it needs. You should be eating as you normally do and when your body is telling you your hungry, SW is all about eating sensibly and healthy but starving yourselves for the day is neither of these.

I agree with the above post - you are only cheating yourselves, which i have done in past,
my weigh in is tues at 6.30, and i eat my tea at 5pm with kids, and i will carry on to do so - I have 20 lbs to lose so do not think if i have eaten loads in a day/ not eaten it will make that much change to scales!
or i do get obsessed with it - some people weigh and then eat straight away!
I weigh every tue 6.30 with jeans on and have always eaten my tea, x

Sorry guys I think this is wrong, your just cheating yourselves plus why deprive your body of the food it needs. You should be eating as you normally do and when your body is telling you your hungry, SW is all about eating sensibly and healthy but starving yourselves for the day is neither of these.

I don't starve myself, I just don't eat loads during the day on WI. I still eat healthily and have a good tea when i get back. It's what I've always done, it's my routine and there's no kidding involved!!

I think maybe you'd be in the minority on this one, sorry!!! :)

I wouldn't class it as 'cheating' to have a personal routine which encourages a stable playing field to reflect true weight loss.

We each have our way of dealing with WI. We are all adults and know true losses or gains will show, but I try to eliminate the possibilitiy of variation due to bloating by my routine. If this had been 'cheating' I wouldn't have lost over 4 stone

Humans are strange, and we like our little routines. I find it quite comforting and secure, each to their own, eh?

LOL - the number 2 thing gets me too!!

I'm the opposite in that I tend to eat what I want on WI day and not necessarily eat SW things! I tend to have a yummy rice salad from the Natural Kitchen which is divine but I know it's synned (has pine kernels, sultanas and oil) but I usually 'treat' myself to a lunch that I want on WI day rather than necessarily having an SW lunch.

I do always wear the same clothes and I go to a morning class as when I used to do a evening one I used to worry all day about how heavy something was. This has really helped me this time.

I'm hungry..... Don't leave weigh in til gone eight, me fella's gonna cook curry for when i get back but I'm hungry now!!!!!

I know we all do it, but it does worry me that its not normal behaviour. And is in league with eating disorders.....:sigh:

I tend to eat relatively normally during the day, but only drink until 4.30 - weigh in's @ 5, so I should have got rid of excess fluid by then. I agree with the number 2's though.

Must admit, I'm starving today though. Since I've had this infection, all I want to do is eat!

My weigh in is at 7pm and I don't stop eating at any particular time but have started to eat 'lighter' food... for instance just before my wi yesterday I ate half an easter egg... it didn't feel like it weighed much so didn't think it would matter to the scales and I was hungry pmsl

If you're doing what you always do, it's not cheating - yourself or anyone else.

Food isn't my only WI day 'habit'. I like to wear the same dress too.

I'm certainly not depriving myself of food on WI day. I think only those who don't eat or barely eat are, but that's their choice and if that's what they always do, then fair enough. I choose to eat less-heavy foods. I still have my HEs and probably a few more syns than on other days too! I don't think extra chocolate is going to make me put fat on in a few hours!! I just don't want a massive bowl of pasta (that could weigh a couple of lbs!) in my stomach. It's funny and a bit weird (hello, welcome to me!!) I don't think I'm verging on eating disorder either. The way I used to eat was that!

Cheating would be weighing in your heaviest clothes on your first week then coming in a bikini the next week! Or taking water tablets as mentioned before. Or cutting your arm off.:rolleyes:

Our weights even out over the week and over time.

Right. Going to have my post WI choccie bar now!!! :D

I know we all do it, but it does worry me that its not normal behaviour. And is in league with eating disorders.....:sigh:

We all have an "eating disorder" of some description..... llets face it, we are on diets as a result of overeating!!!!!

I like to describe them as more quirks and traits :p

yes I agree jaylou - cutting back a bit on weigh in day is hardly a dangerous problem! It's just common sense that if you want t good result on weigh in day then you won't stuff yourself with a massive roast at lunchtime! I usually stick to water, fruit and raw veg! But I would NOT say that those are the traits of an eating disorder.

Part of me thinks that those who get weighed in the morning have an advantage - because is common knowledge we are lighter in the morning.

Being scornful of how others decide to eat on WI day isnt very fair - and I certainly wouldnt say that cutting back is cheating! We're trying to lose weight for OURSELVES here, so we can do it any way we blimming well like!

Hellie - I also wear the same dress every week and I've even weighed it to check how light it is! Hope that's not cheating!

I used to worry about what to eat on WI day but I've been told at my group as long as you are consistent and eat about the same amount on each WI day it shouldn't make a difference

Back