What do we all do for a living?

I'm at sahm to, but I dont want to be anymore. :eek:

My qualifications are in community care and a degree in social policy. I wanted to be a social worker but because I did not work in social care withing the past 5 years they said I couldnt do the degree :confused::eek: despite 7 years working in mental health before that. Now I cant afford to go back to uni :(

I now would like to return to working in a school maybe educational welfare side, does anyone know how I get started working in a school as a teachers assistant.

I have no idea I have completely lost touch with the work environment.

My qualifications are in community care and a degree in social policy. I wanted to be a social worker but because I did not work in social care withing the past 5 years they said I couldnt do the degree :confused::eek: despite 7 years working in mental health before that. Now I cant afford to go back to uni :(

I now would like to return to working in a school maybe educational welfare side, does anyone know how I get started working in a school as a teachers assistant.

Hi there

Do they not advertise teaching assistant jobs through your local council?

Have a look on your council website if not I'm not sure sorry.

I've a friend who is trying to do this - she volunteers at school and is doing her NVQ at the same time - I think that it stands her in good stead to have relevant experience when applying for the TA jobs that are advertised.
Hope this helps!

Hi there

Do they not advertise teaching assistant jobs through your local council?

Have a look on your council website if not I'm not sure sorry.

Thanks....I have no specific qualifications as a teaching assistant though, I believe I have to update my skills... I am led to believe and I dont know where to start.

hi im new to this so not quite sure if i done this right lol im a part qualified hairdresser but now working on a hot deli counter, hoping to go back to college in the near future. how r u?

I think HoneYoc is my new best friend ;)

I'm a full-time student at the University of Kentucky (double-major in English and Gender/Women's Studies). I have to be a full-time student in order to be here--my relationship isn't recognised over here so unless I suddenly become independently wealthy a student visa is my only option. Having said that, I'm loving the academic opportunities that are coming my way. During the semester I work part-time in the Writing Centre on campus, helping other students to improve their writing. I'm also a qualified counsellor and clinical hypnotherapist--I had a private practice for 10 years in England. I miss it terribly but my student visa means that I can't work as a hypnotherapist here, at least not for money.

I've a friend who is trying to do this - she volunteers at school and is doing her NVQ at the same time - I think that it stands her in good stead to have relevant experience when applying for the TA jobs that are advertised.
Hope this helps!

sorry I dint see this I think we cross posted, did she have to apply for the nvq herself or did the school put her in, do you know thanks :D

was going to give the local primary a ring and see if they can help me.

I am a Marketing and PR freelancer, set up on my own last year and I'm currently doing a maternity PR and Marketing advisory post so I have the best of both worlds! xxx

We really have got a wide range of jobs havent we? I wish I was a sahm some days, especially when nothing is going to plan!

Another admin officer for the civil service here.. pretty crap tbh! Still no idea what I'd rather be doing though!

Im a full time student doing a Social Policy degree, after my exam on Monday eeeeek will have just finished my first year. The rest of the time am a single mum to a beautiful monster who is now 3.

I'm a cash office assistant at Tesco, get to count lots of money :)

sorry I dint see this I think we cross posted, did she have to apply for the nvq herself or did the school put her in, do you know thanks :D

was going to give the local primary a ring and see if they can help me.

I'm pretty sure that she did it herself, but used her son's school to get the required amount of hours practice. Once she has qualified, then she will have experience plus qualifications so can apply to any school then.
Hope that helps.
x

Back