What do we all do for a living?

I have a jewellery shop attatched to a 5* hotel here in The Gambia. I am also a qualified counsellor and i worked in mental health for many years before living in Africa. When i return to the UK in July i shall be a 61 year old sahm for my adopted 11 year old daughter. I might consider fostering not sure yet.

I'm an Admin Assistant at Newcastle College. Work with a bunch of really lovely and hilarious people and can get some interesting work.

Looking to get back into the area of law (I used to be a legal secretary and LOVED it but got made redundant 3 times from 3 different companies..boo!).

Im a hairdresser! .. but i currently work as a teaching assistant for franchise called Gymboree. I LOVE my job and i L-O-V-E the kids, but i do also miss hairdressing!

Have been a SAHM for a year now (made redundant), but previous to that was working for an Oil Company in IT Management. Want to get into Project Management now, but not relating to IT.

Hi Snuggle, I am also H&S Manager and find that my most recent job has made me pile on the pounds....eating infrequently, relying on food out of hotels and airports and sat in my car for hours on end! No more! Im on all about w8 and finding it very easy to eat the four shakes at my convenience and choose something healthy, would love to hear from othe w8 members

Well done to you all on your success so far!

I am a legal secretary studying to be a legal exec - lot's and lot's of boring text books lol. Also lots of stairs between reception and my office - which helps SW wise.

I work in a school kitchen, preparing, cooking and serving the meals.
I quite like the job (or could be the school hols) LOL.

what an interesting thread !!! Can someone tell me what a Lush manager is please ??

I sell antique and vintage porcelain and love my job too though sometimes I find it hard to part with some of the nicer pieces I have bought to sell.
Prior to that ( until my dx with b.c. )I bred dressage ponies.

Sue.

morning all, i,m a childrens nanny and a childminder its very rewarding and i get to be at home alot which isnt always a good thing when you,re near the fridge (great thread).

Hi Snuggle, I am also H&S Manager and find that my most recent job has made me pile on the pounds....eating infrequently, relying on food out of hotels and airports and sat in my car for hours on end! No more! Im on all about w8 and finding it very easy to eat the four shakes at my convenience and choose something healthy, would love to hear from othe w8 members

Well done to you all on your success so far!

I know exactly what you mean about being stuck in the car for hours and having to eat in random places, but for me slimming world still works brilliantly there is always something that I can grab that keeps me on plan, I just couldnt be doing with shakes and bars lol

I'm a SAHM atm, but am actively looking for a PT job. Did get offered a FT job last week, but after a lot of thought decided it would be too much for me, as I have Fibromyalgia and some days I can take on the world and some days I can't. Its very frustrating and restricting and don't think my OH is too pleased with me as we could do with the dosh, but I think I was being realistic. No point starting something you know you can't manage and making yourself even more unwell. :sigh: Why do I feel so crappy about it though?

Last edited:
I'm a physio and I retire in 5 weeks. AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the thread I am a Credit Manager for a International company since Nov 2009 Prior to that had a fantasic role as a Group Credit Mananger loved every second of the job but was made redundant ... Wish I had a rewarding job like some thou xxx

I work for a software company that is known for supplying and supporting Accounts and Payroll software (even though we do loads more than that).

Currently i work in the training and development department as a coach. Love it.

im a tattooist :)

I'm an Intelligence Officer in the Police and love it, who would have thought I'd get paid to be nosey for a living!!

I work in a call centre giving out public transport info. You need a bus in west yorkshire I'm your girl :D

I'm an Admin Assistant at Newcastle College. Work with a bunch of really lovely and hilarious people and can get some interesting work.

Looking to get back into the area of law (I used to be a legal secretary and LOVED it but got made redundant 3 times from 3 different companies..boo!).

i used to go to newcastle college lol.

Back