What do you do at curves?

missg

Hi there,

I go to a regular gym but the idea of being able to do a full workout in half an hour.

What exactly do you do in the workout? How hard do you work?

Curves Workout

Hi

I am recently new to Curves. I have been attending for 4 weeks now.

You have to go for a minimum of 3 times a week, 30 minutes on hydraulic machines. You follow a circuit and then a stretching cool down.

I was very wary but thought I would give it a go - was weighed and measured last night. I have lost 1 3/4 inches even though my diet was off the wall and I had put on 3.5lbs. I would never go to a normal gym.

Only ladies can go and no body judges you and they are all very friendly.

Thanks, just wasn't sure what the difference between curves and other gyms.

Do you feel like you have had a good workout afterwards???

Hi Mhairi

I tried Curves and wouldn't recommend it if you are a gym user. I found I rarely broke a sweat and didn't feel I could get enough resistance on the machines. Also the gyms don't have any shower facilities etc.

Have you tried interval training in the gym? It's a great way to get a more effective workout during the same time frame and when I did it a few years ago I got results quite quickly.

cheers, that is great.

Working out with a personal trainer just now and doing quite a variety of different things but haven't tried interval training.

Was wondering about curves as there is one close to work which would mean i could go at lunch time but if there are no showers then that is out for me anyway!!!

I think for people who are just starting out with exercise for the first time it may be a nice gentle introduction but that you then "out grow" it.

Ask your trainer about interval training; my old one did me a 30 minute cardio plan on the treadmill and epileptical trainer that i really enjoyed, really challenged me and the time flew by as i was constantly focused on the interval changes

God i really enjoyed those gym sessions; why did i stop???

i will def ask him, about it.

If you enjoy it you should get back to it!!!!! I dread going but always really enjoy it once i am there.

And love the feeling that i have had a hard work out, i always sleep better after a workout!!!

Back