What do you do to treat yourself?

:blahblah: You're in trouble! Gonna tell! :rotflmao:

Good on you! I've heard worse. One guy on here went and treated himself to a wide screen telly while his wife was away!

It was kinda an accident...really it was! I just picked some stuff and the girl took it to the till, I didnt realise it would be so much and by the time Im at the till it's too late...isnt it?? :confused: lol

Impressive spending Prinzessin - wow! Are you going for the gradually-get-things-out-one-by-one approach, the what-these?-I -got -them-for-my birthday/Christmas/whatever -but-it-was-ages-ago line, or do you just 'fess up?

Now that's what I call treating yourself!!!

Good luck on the guitar quest Pete. My OH is a Gibson fanatic (electric though)- there are 3 of us in this relationship - me, him & 'Gibby' his SG (and he 'accidentally' managed to buy a Les Paul a few weeks ago - whoops!!!)

Think I'll start with a wee bit of pampering & perhaps a magazine & work up to emptyng my bank account in a single shop ....... :)

I buy jewellery!!! OOps lol. At least I only have to explain my spends to my dog lol
Lynne x

I have a lovely shower with L'Occitane bath stuff - I fancy getting some more & that is indulgent - I love it.

I treat myself by having a nice luxery bath with a expensive bubble bath:)

I have taken far more notice of my skin care in last 11 weeks, put on cocoa butter body lotion and have taken to wearing mineral powder foundation and lipstick everyday, I had had several people say how well I am and looking at a video of myself just before I started CD I can see how tired my skin was. I find it really liberating to treat myself with non food stuff, so yep in last 11 weeks I have bought new perfume, new soaps and shampoo, new shoes, several new tops and bottoms, lots of magazines and books and invested in contacts for the first time in ages, I hope (bank balance depending) that I will keep rewarding myself in a similar way when on maintainance, cos eating to cheer myself up seems a daft thing to do now....I'd rather have shoes!

i do hair cuts and shopping...the usual.

But i've also got my self a pandora bracelet...and when i reach my personal goals i buy i bead to commemorate that.

x

Just been catching up on all the posts on here since yesterday and you really are a truly inspiring bunch. I think its great that we are all treating ourselves in some way thats not food related. I think when you tend to hide within your clothes, you dont really care what everything looks like underneath but I'm taking great pride in my skin since starting cd and although I still have a good few stone to go, I am feeling so much better already and thats not just down to the weight loss and the extra pampering time, its down to all you guys too so that a huge thanx :thankyou: and a group hug from me. :grouphugg:

Have loved reading this thread too, so inspiring, last night i had a long hot bath and then painted my nails, they look great :)

Another treat for me is my new found love of makeup - didn't used to wear it but now i do everyday :)

Also I subscribe to a gorgeous magazine called Scarlet, it is a bit risque, so not for the faint hearted, but it's a proper womans magazine and they promise not a wiff of talk about diets or silly celebrities (altho I still love Heat !! lol)

Sarah x

I've started doing my nails again and looking after my skin. My fav thing to do is a long bath with loads of smellies, lights off candles on, ipod in and chill. Got right into scrubs and body butter for dry skin. And this is a totally non girly thing but when I get to target I'm treating myself to an upgrade on my car. (closet woman racer!!)

Like the sound of Scarlet, where do you get that from Sarah?

Hi Deb, you can get it from most good newsagents, WH Smiths etc. I get mine on subscription now.. it really is fab :)

Sarah x

Wow - so many ways to treat yourself!!

I know it's been said already, but it's been really inspiring reading this thread & thanks for the amazing ideas!

I think it's great that so many of us are taking time out for a bit of pampering. I don't know about you, but it's something I'm not used to doing, and it feels great to do something for myself.

I think perhaps that not taking time out for me is one of the reasons I have used food to 'cheer myself up' in the past, so hopefully if I/we keep up the treats once we reach goal, it will mean keeping our new slinky selves in good shape too.

I'm off for a coffee and a read. Must track down Scarlet .....
xxx

Hi Deb, you can get it from most good newsagents, WH Smiths etc. I get mine on subscription now.. it really is fab :)

Sarah x

Cheers Sarah, will be checking it out!

Back