What do you eat for breakfast (or rather, what can I eat for breakfast!)

ClaireLR

I'm having cereal at the moment (special K or branflakes) and I'm finding its not keeping me full until lunch time.

I don't eat breakfast as soon as I get up (never feel like anything) so I have to take something I can have at work (in an office) and so it has to be something transportable. I've tried cereal bars but they're quite expensive and again don't keep me full. I've also taken toast but I have a sandwich at lunchtime and I'm worried that to much bread will stop me from losing weight!

So.....what do you have for breakfast?? I need some ideas! Thanks!

Crumpets are good. You'll have to check because some are more than others but most are 1 point each. Teacakes are also good but both of the options are breadlike. A lot of people here like porridge and say it's very filling. Maybe if the cereal isn't filling you up add some fruit?

Last edited:
I had ww thick bread today for my toast and had at 8 am and was full till about 11am
Or i had oats so simple the day before and was full

cereal lasts about 2 hours with me then I am hungry - I just snack on fruit in between if I am hungry - which I always am

cereal lasts about 2 hours with me then I am hungry - I just snack on fruit in between if I am hungry - which I always am

Yes this seems to be the problem with me - I'm ALWAYS hungry :eek: :D I might try that then, sticking with the special K but taking something to eat in between breakfast and lunch. The crumpets idea sounds good too, I used to eat those a lot last time I was on WW, with WW cheese spread on them, I'd forgotten about those!

Also - I try to get a litre of water in before lunch - and a couple of weak coffees - I tend to have brekki around 8 with couple drinks then drink water all way through till lunch but have coffee & a snack around 11ish. I do same in afternoon - lunch @ 1ish with break around 3ish with another snack & another litre of water before dinner.

Also - I try to get a litre of water in before lunch - and a couple of weak coffees - I tend to have brekki around 8 with couple drinks then drink water all way through till lunch but have coffee & a snack around 11ish. I do same in afternoon - lunch @ 1ish with break around 3ish with another snack & another litre of water before dinner.
i think thats maybe where i go wrong and why im always hungry,i only drink 1 tea 1 coffee in morning ,maybe same in afternoon then i take glass of pop up to bed. i like porridge for my breakfast or fruit (it depends on my mood):flirt2:

How about a low fat vanilla yoghurt and slice a banana up into it, yummy xx

How about a low fat vanilla yoghurt and slice a banana up into it, yummy xx
i love your pics youve lost loads of weight you look really amazing, take care x x :flirt2:

I struggle with beakfast in early mornings, during the week i have a sarnie just before i start work at 8 o'clock, and then have another one at teabreak which is 10.30, using ww bread, mustard, cherry toatoes and meat of some sort.
At weekends i have breakfast after i have been up a couple of hours, normally 2 poached eggs on 2 slices WW toast.
Frankie x

man claire, you totally stole my shreddies idea :p

i too have 60g shreddies for breakfast.. none of this 30g rubbish haha :D i also find shreddies, weetabix and generally other non-sugary cereals fill me for longer :)

i find that if i eat a low carb brekky im fuller for longer, so omellette and salad or youghurt and fruit works well for me.
If I have cereal or bread Im starving within 2 hours!

I have Aldi's porridge sachets. I really don't like eating breakfast, but have to force myself

hahah girls u make me laugh!!!! im with you on 60g - 30g is a joke - thats for dwarves and children defo not grown women!!!

special k i find the worst for filling you up -i can eat about 120g of those and still be hungry by 11am

really if it fills u up till 11am then its done its job - a mid morning snack is always a great idea as it will stop you over eating cos your starving at lunch time

I have any of these....
oastosimple with fruit
60g allbran & skimmed
3 weetabix & skimmed

these are all great at filling you up with lots of fibre - i think the more fibre and the less sugar the better chance you have of feeling satisfied and keeping the points low

xxx

Are there different types of WW Bread? I can only find one type in Tesco, but someone has mentioned Thick WW Bread?

Back