What do you find annoying about your partner?

The way he argues and swears at games, at the top of his voice. My neighbours must think we have a volatile relationship!

OMG my OH does exactly the same! I hate it, i can hear him from in the garden sometimes! I hate it when im sat downstairs watchin tv all relaxed and then suddenly i hear him shouting at the top of his voice from upstairs, it frightens the life outa me!! lol.

pmsl!! I love this thread! I can relate to a lot of these...

Rainbow, my OH walks past stuff on the stairs too. I don't think he understands that stuff on the stairs needs taking up if it's at the bottom!!

He never, ever, ever makes the bed in the morning. I always get up first as I need to set off for work at 7:30am. When I get home the bed is never made. Hardly takes 3 seconds to shake a duvet straight does it?!!

He also has this 'housework blindness' thing going on. Anything I'll ask him to do, he will do it, but he can't see what needs doing on his own. It frustrates me so much!

Last one to bed locks up. He always forgets. Quite often the back door has been open all night. It's a wonder we still have a telly!

If I ask him to put a load of washing on, he somehow manages to pick all his things out of the basket, and one sock of mine. He doesn't choose all the dark things, just a random mix of his own stuff. And he doesn't know how to peg out either!

I also never get any romance. Well, once in a blue moon. I couldn't actually tell you the last time I felt like a 'princess'! It's just not in his nature and I've come to accept it...but just once it would be lovely to be surprised with something romantic - and I'm an easy girl to please, it wouldn't be hard to do! LOL!

Having said that, I know that he loves me very much and I do adore him. He's a fabulous, funny geek and I love being with him, living with him and am a lucky girl really :)

It annoys me that he ate a whole (large - 200 odd gram) bar of dairy milk today, and will still lose on Tuesday at SW.

pmsl!! I love this thread! I can relate to a lot of these...

Rainbow, my OH walks past stuff on the stairs too. I don't think he understands that stuff on the stairs needs taking up if it's at the bottom!!

He never, ever, ever makes the bed in the morning. I always get up first as I need to set off for work at 7:30am. When I get home the bed is never made. Hardly takes 3 seconds to shake a duvet straight does it?!!

He also has this 'housework blindness' thing going on. Anything I'll ask him to do, he will do it, but he can't see what needs doing on his own. It frustrates me so much!

Last one to bed locks up. He always forgets. Quite often the back door has been open all night. It's a wonder we still have a telly!

If I ask him to put a load of washing on, he somehow manages to pick all his things out of the basket, and one sock of mine. He doesn't choose all the dark things, just a random mix of his own stuff. And he doesn't know how to peg out either!

I also never get any romance. Well, once in a blue moon. I couldn't actually tell you the last time I felt like a 'princess'! It's just not in his nature and I've come to accept it...but just once it would be lovely to be surprised with something romantic - and I'm an easy girl to please, it wouldn't be hard to do!

lmao you have just decribed my oh so well, he's excatly the same and i cant remember the last time i was treated like a princess.

Also i will drop really big hints on things like holidays birthdays ect ect and he's still oblivious to it and he will end up leaving till last min and il either end up somewhere i soooo dont wanna be or with a gift i really dont need. But i do love him to bits dunno why but i do :D

Another thing that annoys me is that I have been with him for 7 years and there is NO SIGN of getting a damn ring on my finger!!!! All I want is a nice romantic proposal....is that too much to ask for???? :) :) :)

OMG....where do I start???

I cn sympathise with the women who've mentioned the PS3 or Xbox. Mine has his computer and the Wii....Mario Kart is currently the bane of my life. he also shouts and swears at the TV whenever he's losing or does something stupid.

I hate the fact that I always have to repeat myself, sometimes several times. he can never focus on what I'm saying to him if there is a TV, Music, Wii, Ipod or any other technical or media device within reach. I have to make him look me in the eyes so that I know I have his full attention. But even then I could still get a phonecall at work later that evening asking me to repeat what it was I said earlier about dinner.

I fear he has lost all common sense, if he had any to begin with. For example, take yesterday. he and my daughter decide to wash the car...using the hosepipe. i come home and find sopping wet trousers, trainers and t-shirt by the washing machine. I ask the OH what he wore when cleaning the car and he said shorts and sandals....so I ask why Mia (DD) wasn't wearing shorts in 25+C heat and her crocs or sandals which are water proof and why we now have wet trainers and full length trousers...his answer, he never noticed.

LOL-few weeks ago my youngest and her friend were playing moving houses-i was out at a meeting. Daddy,supposedly in charge failed completely to notice 2 little girls taking 2 holdalls full os stuff out of the house to play with on said friends drive a few doors down, they had clothes, cd's ,ornaments-HOW COULD HE NOT NOTICE??? the biggest laugh was watching hims help her put everything back-he clearly didnt have a clue where anything went but was too scared to ask!!

The fact that he can eat what he likes and not put any weight on grrr and his snoring,lol

And when i used to go to the cream cake section in tesco's he would make a huge point of pulling me away,now i don't bother he picks up the cakes and goes mmmm don't they look nice,waiting for me to give in.
He admitted the other night he didn't think i would stick to sw,and that i've done so well.Men!!!!!

OCD !!! for one thing I can never find anything.... and how the hell does she manage to fit so many things into a cupboard or draw , so when I go in it to get something out I can nevr get it all back in again !!!

Phil x

Filling drawers with rubbish is one of womens little foibles Phil....my hubby has the same problem every time he opens a drawer in our home, LOL....

The other thing is DIY...............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I even got her very own tool box !!! but she loves the power tools ( oooh er!)( I'm talking drills ect guys)

Its like the bombing of Drezden when I get home some times, you have never seen so many holes in things !! heheheheheh!! I spend the weekend filling them in..

Phil x

Last edited:
OCD !!! for one thing I can never find anything.... and how the hell does she manage to fit so many things into a cupboard or draw , so when I go in it to get something out I can nevr get it all back in again !!!

Phil x

Thats a quality us lady's work hard to achieve. . I'l have you know! LOL

This thread has had me in stitches. I'm thinking, hmm that sounds like me, then I read more and think well, that's like me too, then I'll go to the next thread and...well, a pattern is appearing here. All I can say is it's a wonder I've not been divorced yet !!!! lol.

Seriously, my wife must be an Angel, sent to keep me on the straight and narrow! :rolleyes:

I must tell you all this one :

My OH a few years ago tried to fix our aging washing machine, she had managed to do this the year previously with some new electrical brushes for the motor. Long and the short was that she had stripped it down, the floor was ankle deep in water. She called me in for the garden to ask me to get the motor off. I said its all off at the mains , she said she !! I then stripped the motor out of it anke le deep in water. As I was just about to disconnect the mains power cable I looked up at the plug and it was .... Bloody on all the time. !!!!

OH reply was Oops sorry forgot love!..... Forgot !!!!! Bloody Forgot !!!

I recon she has upped my life insurance hehehehe !!!!!!

Phil x

Hmmm. A thread filled with women spewing out their frustrations and anger against men... And then a story from a man about how his wife almost "accidentally" killed him.

I'm saying nothing.

I don't have a partner, but my Dad has some annoying habbits...

* Trying to save the world by recycling everything. Which I wouldn't have a problem with if he actually recycled it rather than collecting it until it FILLS the dinning room, and I have to do it!

* I leave something somewhere and then when I ask where it is, I get told "where you left it!"

* Never moving from the desk, other than turning the 15° to watch the telly! I think he is superglued his ass to the chair!

Mine cuts his hair in the bathroom it drives me up the wall! Tiny little bits all over the basin and the loo!
If the doorbell goes or the phone rings he says "who's that?"
We have had the paint for the lounge since February!
He thinks housework is hoovering the lounge.
The way cutting the hedge takes precedence over doing something in the house!
The way he'll watch Scottish football on the computer shouting but has yet to get some earphones so I can hear the tv (I resort to putting the subtitles on)
He will do something if I ask him, but I have to ask, he'd never do it off his own bat!

I blame his mother!

Back