What do you like about yourself?

Hi,
I'm another one who can't find anything to love about myself,just yet!

I am proud of myself though cos my family has had a horrendous year,losing my beautiful younger sis and mum being diagnosed with dementia in March and having to go into a care home,and I'm the only one of us who visits mum cos the rest can't bear to see her the way she is.They're loss I know,but it really hurts me when she keeps on asking for them a thousand times over cos she can't remember what I've already told her:cry:

Sorry for the 'down' post but just feeling a wee bit emotional today.

xx

Hi, So sorry to hear of your loss and your mum being diagnosed with dementia. My nana had this before she passed away 2 years ago and half of her life she couldnt remember, however as she lived with my parents, she always remembered myself and brothers. I know it can be frustrating for ya to repeat everything to her and is probably draining on ya as well but your mum has lost most of her life to this disease and doesnt realize that she is doing it and therefore forgets recent events that u may have discussed with her. Unfortunately its a long term disease but with the right support and help ya will get through it. My thoughts are with ya.

Hi,
I'm another one who can't find anything to love about myself,just yet!

I am proud of myself though cos my family has had a horrendous year,losing my beautiful younger sis and mum being diagnosed with dementia in March and having to go into a care home,and I'm the only one of us who visits mum cos the rest can't bear to see her the way she is.They're loss I know,but it really hurts me when she keeps on asking for them a thousand times over cos she can't remember what I've already told her:cry:

Sorry for the 'down' post but just feeling a wee bit emotional today.

xx

You have had a horrible horrible time of it haven't you? So you should unabashedly feel proud of yourself for doing so well. You have and are continuing to prove that you have strength unknown within yourself so be proud of your bravery. It takes bravery to continue when you just want the world to go away. when it seems unfair and you just want everything to shut down. But you're still getting up and getting on and that is brave. Well done. I absolutely applaud you and hope that your strength continues.

I'm loving how people are posting things they like about themselves. And even those who can't are working on it so that can only be a good thing right?

Tonight I like that I am feeling happy today and seem to be shedding the self pity that I can get when attempting TFR. I like that I can now accept that food is just food and it doesn't truly offer any emotional support. But my minimins does!!! ;)

Back