What do you think of to keep yourself on track?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alexisemma31, 18 February 2011 Social URL.

1. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    I have the most gorgeous size 10 jeans from Next which I bought in the sale a couple of years ago. Whenever I wore them I had loads of compliments.

Then I ended up in hospital and had to have an operation, lost the plot and piled on just under 3 stones in 8 months, silly girl.

I'm now back on track and the weight is coming off again. I'm so determined to get back into these jeans and that's what keeps me motivated.

What about you?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lindshster

lindshster Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was a size 20 in Dorothy Perkins when I started. All of my clothes are a 20/18 from there. My aim is to be able to buy clothes from wherever I want. I have had to buy a few wardrobe updates in the last week or two as my work trousers are too big. I have bought some skirts today, because I think they'll 'last' longer i.e. wont look too big quickly!!

4. xxxSarahxxx

xxxSarahxxx Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(23.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going on my first holiday abroad and although I'm not going to be in a bikini, I want to at least be able to show off some leg hehe!! So my aim by July is to be a size 12 ( was a 22 when I started sw and am now a 14)

5. sweets154

sweets154 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid in May and am freaking out about how I will look! That image in my head keeps me going!

6. bucksfizz

bucksfizz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to a friends wedding in august and will see people that u haven't seen for a long time.

I've always been big, can't even remember ever being a size 12/14 so I want to be able to go there and look fab in a smaller sized dress!

7. Wegle

Wegle Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The thought of summer always motivates me. I want to be a size 10 again and able to strut my stuff in a bikini on the beach.

8. Squirly1522

Squirly1522 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    My Own diet
    The thing that encourage me is thinking about the future. future children, future clothes, and a better future with even more happiness than right now.

9. Squirly1522

Squirly1522 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    My Own diet
    I know what u mean, I love going on vacation. So every year I try to lose even more weight to look great for all those vacation pictures.

10. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    I bought the most amazing dress for my holiday to turkey in september and i leave it hanging on the outside of my wardrobe just to give me that extra motivation!!might sound silly but works for me... and I just think of how miserable I was before I started and I dont ever want to go back again!!! :):)

11. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    For me - my avatar says it all - "no going back" - I want to continue having the life I have now rather then the existence I had then. When tempted to stray - I only have to think back to what life was like back then to remind me to stay on track.

12. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    I'm getting married next year and I'm not trying on dresses until I'm at target! xx

13. Dans_Wife

Dans_Wife Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The baby me and my hubby desperatly want and have been trying for nearly 4 years, we are under a fertiliy clinic but need to get my bmi below 30 before they will help us - whenever I feel like cracking I think "do I want this more than I want a baby?" - The answer is always no! x

14. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    The fact that SW works keeps me on track. I know that despite the odd blip if I stick to plan then the plan works which is why I have managed to lose a lot more weight than I ever thought I would or would want to :)

15. MoonlightWolf39

MoonlightWolf39 Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I have my first prom in 13 weeks and want to be at least 14st (i am 6ft) by the prom...

knowing this has spurred me on to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks :O
    I am now a slimmer and happier 14st 8 ... 8 lb's in 13 weeks :O

I might even be able to reach 13st 7 for my prom (never been that slim before)

Having a goal like this really does help and i didnt realise how much losing weight meant to me until i cried at the last meeting as i realised how much i'd lost in the short amount of time and how i can actually see myself in the dress now :)

16. kudos_ni

kudos_ni Member

Start Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (EE)
    I was prompted to join SW a few weeks before I was due to fly home to try on my bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding. I joined for me (not for her wedding) I'm sick of spending so much time hating myself.

I have been a size 16 since I was about 15/16 years old (I'm very nearly 28 now) and I was slowly approaching 18 - everything was getting tighter.

I was so fearful of trying on the dress as I'd asked her to get a 16 - but now was afraid I wouldn't be able to zip it up.

I just about managed to get it closed...but it was not comfortable.

She is a size 6 and will off course looking stuning on her wedding day!
    Her two sisters (the other bridesmaids) are a lot smaller than me. For example... one sister was heavily pregnant when we were trying them on and a size 14 was loose on her!!

The fact that I am also about a foot taller than everybody in the wedding party - I am already going to stand out like a sore thumb! Iwant to stick out for being the tall good looking one...not the tall fat one!

:)

...that all said...even if I don't make it to my ideal for her big day (which I don't think I will)...I am on this journey now and I know some time soon I will be the size I've always wanted to be!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.