What do you think?

honey74

The Original Honey!!!
I took my Grandma out today so she could sort all her shopping and bills bits and bobs out(she's had a real run of bad luck having an op, being mugged, loosing all here food in the freezer due to a power failure that lasted 3 days and my grandad being rushed into hospital and being diagnosed with cancer....and all in 5 weeks!!) and to say thank you she wanted to treat me to lunch.

She took me to her favorite resaurant, an Italian and I chose what I thought was the lowest syn meal a grilled chicken pomodoro pasta.

I'm allowing 1tsp of parmesan as my HEA and i'm allowing 1tbsp of olive oil as my HEB. I'm then guessing about another 8 syns for a bit more oil, tomato puree, wine, sugar, just in case any or all of them are in the pomodoro sauce.

What do you think, should I add more syns to it or about right?

Thanks

xxx

Lots of looks and no one to help me? :sigh:

xxx

aw sorry no-one replied to your post, id probably do just as uve done and guess around the 8 syns, id say it was the best choice for you to have anyway so i shouldnt have thought it was anymore than the 8 syns.....just so long as you enjoyed it though thats the main thing isnt it :)

Sorry, didnt want to read and run, but I dont know what pomodora sauce is. Did you drink some wine, or are you guessing there is some in the sauce?

If you are just allowing for some in the sauce I would guess just 1-2 syns.

These are are the potential syns for wine if you drunk some.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Red wine 175ml

extraeasy.gif
6 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 6 Syns
green.gif
Green 6 Syns

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic/Non Branded Foods Red wine 250ml[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8½ Syns
green.gif
Green 8½
[/FONT]

Basic/Non Branded Foods White wine, dry 175ml

extraeasy.gif
6 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 6 Syns
green.gif
Green 6 Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods White wine, dry 250ml

extraeasy.gif
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8½ Syns
green.gif
Green 8½

Other than that, grilled chicken with pasta shouldnt be too high I would guess - (assuming you are on extra easy)

Hope that helps

Arrhhhh thanks guys, I knew there was someone out there who could just back up my thinking.

Jane it was absolutely delicious and I really enjoyed it. Just wish it wasn't the day before WI eekkk!! lol

Mandy, thanks for your syns guide with the old vino. I didn't drink any wine (had water) so it was just purely what could have been in the sauce.

Hopefully I haven't messed up my WI tonight.

Thanks again girls, you're stars

xxx

I would stick to free foods for the rest of the day because you never know what was in there - but that's just me...
When you find out the syn values of some harmless-looking meals out it is frightening what must be added to recipes! :)
Do whatever you think is best, then move on having enjoyed a nice meal out. I know that for me, by overestimating syns it takes away any of the 'guilt' that may crop up from 'estimating' a syn value for something.

Back