What do you use you syns on?

I never use weekly syns. I have mine daily- between 8 and 12 usually. I spend them on chocolate, biscuits, cake bars and snack a jacks.

Weekly syns isn't the same thing as flexible syns which are used VERY rarely (for special events) and don't guarantee a loss.

As per the book "Enjoy 5-15 syns per day".

(minimum of 5 maximum of 15)

"Counting the syns you use each day helps you balance your diet for optimum weight loss, and maximum enjoyment"

4 Vodkas + 16 syns:eek:

16 syns?!?! for vodka?! Sod off!

For 16 syns I can get 4 treatsize choccies, or 2 galaxy caramel cake bars + a treatsize packet of buttons!

Or like 32 mikado!

Well I weighed in on wed's and after having 45 syns on 'treats' and about 40 on cough mixture and sweets I lost a pound.

This week i'm trying the daily syns approach that I don't think i've ever done!!!

Had snack a jacks yest 6.5 and a cadburys hot choc - highlight's I think they are called - 2.5

Probably have a vodka or two tonight once lo is in bed.

One thing for sure I won't be going over 15 any day this weekend and then back to under 10 for the other days.

Lets see if it makes any difference to my weight loss!

x

Lucylu79 said:
Well I weighed in on wed's and after having 45 syns on 'treats' and about 40 on cough mixture and sweets I lost a pound.

This week i'm trying the daily syns approach that I don't think i've ever done!!!

Had snack a jacks yest 6.5 and a cadburys hot choc - highlight's I think they are called - 2.5

Probably have a vodka or two tonight once lo is in bed.

One thing for sure I won't be going over 15 any day this weekend and then back to under 10 for the other days.

Lets see if it makes any difference to my weight loss!

x

Why under 10 can I ask? xx

Hi there,

Good question! Its probably because i've not got tonnes of weight to loose and so In my head I shouldn't have the full 15 allowance??? God I hope that doesn't sound patronising :(

Lucylu79 said:
Hi there,

Good question! Its probably because i've not got tonnes of weight to loose and so In my head I shouldn't have the full 15 allowance??? God I hope that doesn't sound patronising :(

Not patronising, no.

I think when you're within a few pounds of target and are really struggling to lose is the time to be restrictive! xx

I tend to use my syns on things like butter on my toast, ketchup/mayo, extra milk, gravy etc, things to enhance my meals. But I have been known to have the odd packet of wotsits :)

spread, snacks (crisps, nuts, snack-a-jacks etc) Tassimo Capuccino (2.5syns) gravy, salad dressings, corned beef slices! (packed lunches) occasionally flour, have also treated myself to ice cream, chocolate.

Remember that 15 syns = 300 calories. That 300 calories can be spent on anything as a treat;)

Gravy, sweet chilli sauces, pre packed sauces ets for meals and extra syns for bread so I can add 2 syns and get 2 whole 'big' slices for my HEB.

I also if I have syns to blow have a big bit of chocolate. Like the other night I'd used none, so had a Mars Bar :D

OK now I am confused - when I did SW a few years ago (there were only red and green days then) my consultant said it was OK to save sins up especially if you know you are going out - when I rejoined this time the consultant said 5 - 15 syns a day - when I said I can save them right? She said absolutely not when the day is over you lose what's left of the syns

I am finding the daily syns much harder as like to go out at the weekend - I figured it had changed because of the extra easy plan?

Will be so happy if I can go back to weekly syns :)

OK now I am confused - when I did SW a few years ago (there were only red and green days then) my consultant said it was OK to save sins up especially if you know you are going out - when I rejoined this time the consultant said 5 - 15 syns a day - when I said I can save them right? She said absolutely not when the day is over you lose what's left of the syns

I am finding the daily syns much harder as like to go out at the weekend - I figured it had changed because of the extra easy plan?

Will be so happy if I can go back to weekly syns :)

You can absolutely use your syns weekly if that suits you better! Some people don't lose doing this but if you do then go for it.
I usually use mine daily but if I have a special occasion I will stick to around 5 a day and save the other 10 to use on one night. I still lose when I do this so I can't see a problem with it. Just try it out - if it works for you then go for it!

Clareel said:
You can absolutely use your syns weekly if that suits you better! Some people don't lose doing this but if you do then go for it.
I usually use mine daily but if I have a special occasion I will stick to around 5 a day and save the other 10 to use on one night. I still lose when I do this so I can't see a problem with it. Just try it out - if it works for you then go for it!

Its not SW advice to save syns - it encourages binging & thats why the consultant said no when you asked if you could. A consultant would recommend you use flexi syns if its a special ocassion, or stsy within your 15 syns if nof

However, back in the real world people do save syns for the weekend all the time & still loose. As above though, it doesn't work for everyone. So at least be prepared for the possibility of a gain if you do try it.

Thanks I might give it a go if I need it

Its not SW advice to save syns - it encourages binging & thats why the consultant said no when you asked if you could. A consultant would recommend you use flexi syns if its a special ocassion, or stsy within your 15 syns if nof

However, back in the real world people do save syns for the weekend all the time & still loose. As above though, it doesn't work for everyone. So at least be prepared for the possibility of a gain if you do try it.

This is exactly what I am trying to do this week... I DO flexi syns every week, my weigh in's on a wed's and its been known for me to have non until the weekend and use them all in 3 days and then non until weigh in.

My average weight loss is only ever 1lb though and looking back at my food diaries on some weeks' i've only allowed myself 70 syns for the week (less to loose than some so I thought have less syns) but as the other ladies have pointed out, using your syns this way isn't the best.

I have to say I have never heard of this and actually what the girls say makes sense and so this week I have set myself a challenge to have my syns each day and see if, for me it does make a difference.

I thought it would be hard only having 2 vodka's last night but actually I preferred my cadbury's highlights more than the 3rd one! Having a little one sure has changed me!!!

Geez, sorry for the long post, i've just woken up wondering how this week's going to go is all. Also i've done mostly red days....It doesn't matter what anyone tells me, in my head red days must be better for me, especially as I love nothing more than last nights tea, a massive chicken salad with my HEB weighed jacket spud.

Hope any of my ramblings have helped a little!?

P.S, Morning All!!!!!!! :)

Whatever you do - you should always have at least 5 syns a day!

I have come to the conclusion that saving doesn't really work for me now so i've stopped doing it & i think that key. Tweaking is fine as long as it doesn't afftect your losses - you just need to recognise when its a tweak so that you can stop it if & when it does affect losses.

Back