What do you use you syns on?

I see people say you have to have syns, but I was looking through sw books and recipe books and I saw that you don't have to have them. Syns are only there so we don't feel deprived.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Lucylu79 said:
This is exactly what I am trying to do this week... I DO flexi syns every week, my weigh in's on a wed's and its been known for me to have non until the weekend and use them all in 3 days and then non until weigh in.

My average weight loss is only ever 1lb though and looking back at my food diaries on some weeks' i've only allowed myself 70 syns for the week (less to loose than some so I thought have less syns) but as the other ladies have pointed out, using your syns this way isn't the best.

)

What you say you're doing isn't flexible syns tho! Flexible syns is where you use your syns as normal thru the week, and then you decide how many syns your are going to use for your night out/party or whatever-and stick to that, and then use your syns for the rest of the week!
What you're describing is weekly syns, which the others have explained SW doesn't encourage :) HTH

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Sassia said:
I see people say you have to have syns, but I was looking through sw books and recipe books and I saw that you don't have to have them. Syns are only there so we don't feel deprived.

This is true...15 syns a day = 300cals , so not eating them means you have 300cals less going into your body...they are there to make you not feel deprived and to stop you binging!
I personally have most of my syns-I love a syn! But if you feel okay not 'spending' them then that is okay too but some days you just fancy some butter/gravy/saladcream/tomato ketchup so the syns allow this :) and of course a little choccy/cakey/crispy treat is good too....everything in moderation

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Oh believe me, I use them and more.......

Sassia said:
Oh believe me, I use them and more.......

Snap, I was backing your statement about not having to eat them, after all, eating 300cals worth of (lets admit it) sugar-y fatty foods each day is not the key to weightloss ahaa...though it does nip that binge-monster in the butt before it rears its ugly head!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Oh the binge monster rears its ugly head regularly!

I can't have much in the house. I have no self control around multipacks and I'm too much of a feminist to give them to himself to dish out to me each day!

Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

For the love of god, someone spell it out to me, in simple baby brain terms please!!!!

SW Syns-

1. Enjoy between 5-15 per day. So what we are saying is have AT LEAST 5 but try not to go over 15 in any one day. Is this the way Slimming Worls intends us to use our syns????

2. If you know you will want more say at the weekend and decide to keep some back for said purpose Is this Weekly or Flexible as it seems pretty flexible to me! :D

3. You know your are going to have a one off blip at the weekend and so you just accept that you may not loose this week but on the other days you stick to the 5-15 syns per day the rest of the time. Again, is this flexible or weekly??

In short, are we saying that we should really do No.1 but 2 can be done and 3 should only be done on speacial occasions???

See! I'm clueless and have been doing it like No.2 for ever!!!! No wonder i've never reached target!! :8855:

Lucylu79 said:
Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

For the love of god, someone spell it out to me, in simple baby brain terms please!!!!

SW Syns-

1. Enjoy between 5-15 per day. So what we are saying is have AT LEAST 5 but try not to go over 15 in any one day. Is this the way Slimming Worls intends us to use our syns????

2. If you know you will want more say at the weekend and decide to keep some back for said purpose Is this Weekly or Flexible as it seems pretty flexible to me! :D

3. You know your are going to have a one off blip at the weekend and so you just accept that you may not loose this week but on the other days you stick to the 5-15 syns per day the rest of the time. Again, is this flexible or weekly??

In short, are we saying that we should really do No.1 but 2 can be done and 3 should only be done on speacial occasions???

See! I'm clueless and have been doing it like No.2 for ever!!!! No wonder i've never reached target!! :8855:

1 is what SW recommend
2 is weekly syns or the old method of saving syn which SW advise against and
3 is flexible syns(aslong as you set a limit and stick to it, not just lose track and blow out)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Slap it in the face with a curly wurly, that's my trick!

I don't have them in the house, I have to walk to the shop to get it, and make sure I only get one!

That was such a good idea I asked OH to bring me one home he bought a multi pack of 5 because that's all they had - but he has hidden the others.

I hope one day to be able to have the control to leave them in the cupboard!!

Weigh in tomorrow

chattyj said:
That was such a good idea I asked OH to bring me one home he bought a multi pack of 5 because that's all they had - but he has hidden the others.

I hope one day to be able to have the control to leave them in the cupboard!!

Weigh in tomorrow

Put them in the freezer - they last longer so you're less likely to eat more than one!

Good luck with weigh in x

I use mine all at the weekend for drinking but recently I've been loving options white hot choc!

This is what I usually do but my weight losses average around 1lb per week so i'm trying the old fashioned 5-15 per day, no less and no more rule for a week. Bring on wed's to see if it helps me!!!

x-x-x

Back