what do you wear to the gym?

I don't think there is such a thing as 'correct' gymwear. Just wear what you feel comfortable with. I think the only items that you can get 'wrong' are bra and trainers, and that's a question of function, not fashion. Sometimes I wear a t-shirt and slouchy jogging bottoms and sometimes I wear a vest top. People at my gym wear all sorts of things and so far I have avoided the fashion police :)

I wear some black velour pants which seem to suck in my tummy and cling to the right places, and a black t-shirt with a sparkly silver heart on the front. I don't like the tops of my arms and wouldn't fancy baring them in a strappy top.

I don't go to the gym :eek: but if I did I'd opt for the shorts. I hate the feeling of sweat under clothes :rolleyes:. But you need to be careful with hairy legs :p

Elie

that was my reason for getting a normal short sleeved t shirt. i know a vest would be more practical but i dont think showing off my wobbly bits is going to mke me feel less conspicious.
Tell you something gym clothes arent cheap though. Spent a bomb kitting us out and we had to go to proper sports shops as there wasnt aywhere with anything cheap and suitable. still, it's an investment I suppose!

I myself would wear the headband, I look rather fashionable in one and it helps absorb the sweat! True story, flower knows a thing or two, I just use a bandana and wrap it and twist it and tie it, oh so sexy and sheek!

stylish for the 80's!!!!! Blimey its the 21 century!!!! EEEK, why not step out of your box, trends do come back to fashion, I say start a new trend!!!

I bought some navy blue 'yoga' pants apparently... well that's what it said on the till receipt....lol..... they are like a stretch cottom long slight boot leg style trousers and then I bought a mans XXL tshirt from Asda for £3 which was tight... oh the shame....:eek: oh and I dug out my old nike trainers that are about 10 years old.... as anyone who knows me knows I am SO NOT a trainers and joggers girl.... give me heels and jeans anyway - even for shopping....lol;)

mine are navy too, with cords round the ankles, tbh they were the 2nd cheapest kind i could get, i thought the cheapest they had looked a bit too leg hugging for my likeing.
i've got some really comfy grey ones already that would be perfect but grey marl shows the sweat up! Just a little tip!

flower i could wear my stud belt?, maybe that'll catch on ....:rolleyes:

mine are navy too, with cords round the ankles, tbh they were the 2nd cheapest kind i could get, i thought the cheapest they had looked a bit too leg hugging for my likeing.
i've got some really comfy grey ones already that would be perfect but grey marl shows the sweat up! Just a little tip!

flower i could wear my stud belt?, maybe that'll catch on ....:rolleyes:

Funny you should mention grey joggers - with my bezzie mate today and she was on about an exercise class she went to last night - she goes to a 'posh' gym.... well it was like an exercise class on baby trampolines.... anyway, she said everytime she bounced a little bit of wee came out.....:eek::eek: (not normally a problem for her apparently) - she said she was mortified as she had grey joggers on...:eek: She loved the class but said next time she will be wearing black joggers and a tena lady .......:rotflmao::rotflmao:

And you thought us americans do the crazy stuff, I beg to differ!!!
Your capri pants sound way coolio, I just bought myself a pair of black ones with white all over them and drawstrings at the calves, just ordered myself a black pair of shorts with the drawstrings too, very FASHIONABLE.
STud belt, this isn't a hoochie gym is it?

Jogging bottoms and t-shirts ==== anything you feel comfy in. I also avoid the vest types but that's cos I don't like my arms.

Not gone for the sweatbands and leg warmers yet but hey there's still time ;)

Back