What does ketosis feel like?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Lily_Cherry, 24 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Lily_Cherry

Lily_Cherry Fang Banger

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    Maybe thats an odd question, but I've never lowcarbed before and I've no idea what to expect.

I'm on day three, when should I expect it to start?

Does Ketosis mean that your body has started burning fat for fuel?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    Hunger pangs go
    You start burning fat and also you feel alot better
    It usually takes about 3-4 days for most to get into ketosis. You notice the thick metallic taste in your mouth upon waking and less hunger and more energy. The first few days of induction when you are detoxing from carbs can make you feel crappy, but hang in there!

4. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    For me it was more a gradual thing, I didn't wake up one day feeling full of energy, with no hunger whatsoever...it kind of crept up on me.
    Bit by bit, I noticed the foul breath (metallic), and I gradually noticed that food wasn't on my mind quite so much...although I had a noisy stomach into week 2-3!! (but without the food cravings, if that makes sense)
    I still haven't had the big energy rush that some people get, and now and then I still feel hunger pangs, but I know that I am definitely in ketosis because I would never have managed to last 7 weeks on this diet without significantly reduced hunger!
    x

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Different people will have different experiences getting into ketosis. I hardly suffered at all and 'the ketosis fairy' visited me at the end of day 3. I think this is because I didn't have a carb heavy diet generally before I started Exante. If you normally eats stacks of bread, pasta, spuds and rice then it may take 4 or 5 days.

I find I do still get hungry when in ketosis BUT it's not all the time. It's when I'd expect to feel hungry ... maybe 4 or 5 hours after having had a pack. A pack fills me up completely - 10 minutes after having a shake I feel like I've had a full dinner.

My energy levels increase significantly on a VLCD (that's a real bonus!!)
    All in all Ketosis is a godsend when you're on as few calories as we are. :)

6. Lily_Cherry

Lily_Cherry Fang Banger

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.16%)
    Thanks folks!

I feel absolutely fine and I'm not suffering at all today *touch wood* I'm just hoping I'm very lucky and am finding the changes easy and that it's not all going to hit me in the face later!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.