What does REEM mean???

x_ali_x said:
Urban Dictionary, November 20: irish goodbye is a very handy resource for translating what the kids are saying lol

I can't stand the sayings FML (f*ck my life) or I'm not gunna lie. Why anyone would start a sentance with I'm not gunna lie I don't know but then perhaps the rest of the time they are lying.

I think its like when someone says 'if i'm honest' - my luar radar goes all wurly! If you are being honest, you shouldn't need to annouce you're about to be!

I use 'if I'm honest' or 'to be honest' when really I mean 'this is probably going to hurt/annoy' haha!

Sorry but 'reem' will never be allowed in my house!

I honestly thought you were the same age as me!! Just shows how you should never 'assume'!!

You are still 30 in my eyes! x

Hi BeckyT, I was once taught on a training course that you should never ASSUME, because it makes an 'ASS' of 'U' and 'ME' :D

I totally luv TOWIE and all their little sayings and words....really cracks me up, lol x

Tinnedtomato said:
Hi BeckyT, I was once taught on a training course that you should never ASSUME, because it makes an 'ASS' of 'U' and 'ME' :D

I totally luv TOWIE and all their little sayings and words....really cracks me up, lol x

Yeah me too! I once had an auditor sat with me and he says the exact same words! It's stayed with me ever since!!!

Ok so it's short for Supreme ..... So as in 'those shoes are reem'

Same as I dunno someone saying those shoes are 'lush' if they are from Wales.... x

Lush is a welsh thing? I always thought it was something us northerners said. You learn something new everyday! xx

Oh I dunno I just remember watching Gavin n Stacey n them all saying lol maybe they stole it from up north I know the Londoners are hooked on the Essex words haha xx

Us brummies are always saying the same things -

'At the End of the Day' (What happens for the rest of the day?)

'Basically' (like everyone is thick....!!!??!?!)

my favourite is 'She turned around and said' cos i have images of 2 people spinning whilst having a conversation.

I love local speak! x

Now that figures!!!

I'm learning. I saw on a post today the meaning of FML too. Never heard or soon that before.
I am a dinosour :rolleyes:

Me too but a much older one than you.

You have just made my day!!

I do look 40 sadly ;)

How nice Jay, wish I did !!!

I do not understand a lot of this initial speak.

Please,please folks speak in words instead of initial just for this very old lady

i'm 30 and must be a dinosaur ive never even watched TOWIE and it took me to ask hubby what TOWIE meant to know it was the only way is essesx lol.

the one time i felt really old, i was sitting in mcds and these boys across the table were talking one said to other, you wanna go such and such (cant remember where lol) the reply was CBA just that CBA not the words. have we got so lazy that kids dont use full sentances that they all just talk in text speak??

Ah I love cba, I do actually say it ;-)
My daughter and her friends say "lol" in conversation, in response to a joke or witty comment!! This I would never do!!!

In fact, I think lol is now a word in the dictionary.....

Im not even close to 30 yet, and I have to ask the younger generation of the family what they mean by stuff. I do use 'lol' quite a lot when texting, emailing, blogging, but I would never use it in a sentence, lol.

I think the 'CBA' and 'FFS' that kids use, do so because it is their way of getting away with swearing, without actually swearing...if that makes sense.

Im 26, and my mum still tells me off for saying 'bloody', lol. Swearing is sooooo frowned upon in my mum's house, lol x x

Im not even close to 30 yet, and I have to ask the younger generation of the family what they mean by stuff. I do use 'lol' quite a lot when texting, emailing, blogging, but I would never use it in a sentence, lol.

I think the 'CBA' and 'FFS' that kids use, do so because it is their way of getting away with swearing, without actually swearing...if that makes sense.

Im 26, and my mum still tells me off for saying 'bloody', lol. Swearing is sooooo frowned upon in my mum's house, lol x x

And me!!! I say bloody all the time too! You are right about the kids and they do get away with it :p

Ah I love cba, I do actually say it ;-)

HELP !!!!! argh !!!!!! what does it mean.

Jay please don't you start doing initial speak.

CBA stands for can't be arsed Sue! I hate most text speak...I just don't get it! It makes my brain hurt trying to work it out. The only one I use regularly is lol! Like kingleds I think I'm primordial ooze, lol! :D

Thanks Sian !!!

Love the primordial ooze !!!

Back