what does your "normal" slimfast day look like?!? (NEWBI ALERT)

tinkerbell*

Ummmmmm Chocolate
Hey Everyone.
i am starting slim fast tomorrow, im well stocked up on shakes and chewy bars but was wondering if you guys could give me a helping hand on if im doing this right... or have a got the wrong idea...
basically i am very fussy and love chocolate so my plan for tomorrow is

7am (breakfast) - choco shake
10am (snack) - caramel bar
12:30pm (lunch) - choco crunch bar
4pm (snack) - Caramel bar
6:30pm (dinner) 600cal dinner
(optional Snack bar)

is this right.. how can it be right.. how can i be eating choco stuff all day and loose weight?
who invented this diet... they sound like a genius!!!

if anyone can help me out, am i doing it right/ect ect ect

thank Yooooou

Hi Tinkerbell, sounds like yoy have the right idea to me. I love the choc stuff gives you that sweet hit and I find it stops my sweet craving.

Don't forget to drink lots!! :D

thanx for replying. sorry for making a post thats probably been made a thousand times, or being too lazy to troll through them all (as i need to know what im doing before work 2morrow) lol
Is there anything else i need to know like...
-can you have fruit aswell as your meals and snacks?
-Can you drink sugar-free squash in your water?
-do you have to eat the 99cal snacks, or can you eat something else that is 99cals?

sorry for all the questions . Thanx

Hi Tinkerbell, welcome to slimfast! Yes right format, although I would try to vary it a bit and maybe have some fruit as a snack instead of one of the caramel bars. Also try to go for low fat healthy options for you dinner. I love chocolate too, but I have been tending to leave it well alone of late, once I have some I just want more lol! But I do sometimes have a 2 finger kit kat (or similar) for a snack as they are only 107 cals. Lots you can have for snacks, that's the great thing with this plan there are just so many options.

ooooo i feel like ive got so much to learn. how did you guys find out all this info. the tin of slimfast says naff all. lol

thanx for replying. sorry for making a post thats probably been made a thousand times, or being too lazy to troll through them all (as i need to know what im doing before work 2morrow) lol
Is there anything else i need to know like...
-can you have fruit aswell as your meals and snacks?
-Can you drink sugar-free squash in your water?
-do you have to eat the 99cal snacks, or can you eat something else that is 99cals?

sorry for all the questions . Thanx

Hi again, we posted at the same time lol! No extra fruit, it needs to be counted as snacks, there are no 'free' foods on slimfast like there are on some plans. Sugar free squash is fine although I always think plain water is best, but no reason you can't have squash if you really can't stand plain water, better than drinking nothing. The snacks can be anything upto 100 cals, not just the slimfast ones. Get looking in the healthy food range in your supermarket, so much you can have from cereal bars, low fat crisps, crackers etc. There has just been a thread on snacks, so some good ideas there.

Good luck x

I think we all find our way in whats best for us as individuals. You have the basics and you'll sort it out as you go, but as long as you stick to the main rules you'll be good.

As for your drinks, I have sugar free squash. I also have fizzy water, the odd diet coke and tea and coffee with no sugar and a splash of skimmed milk. But the drinks are no change for me as thats what I've always had.

ooooo i feel like ive got so much to learn. how did you guys find out all this info. the tin of slimfast says naff all. lol

Experience and sites like this lol. Yes the tins aren't very informative really, they just promote their own range, which I suppose they would lol.

oh my goodness. well that sounds great. i feel really optamistic (sp) about slimfast. i dont usually eat breakfast and i happily have milkshake for my lunch anyway.. so ditching these habbits for a slimfast sounds great.
thanx for replying so quickly

I think we all find our way in whats best for us as individuals. You have the basics and you'll sort it out as you go, but as long as you stick to the main rules you'll be good.

Yep the slimfast plan is very flexible really, adapt it to suit you, your tastes and lifestyle, but as long as you stick to the basic and not over the allowed 1340 cals a day, you'll be fine. Try it and see what works for you, then stick to that. We're all different after all.

can i ask one more thing....
well when it says you can have a 600cal meal... well does that mean you can have anything aslong as it is under 600cals... or do you need to look at the fat content also?
600cals is alot to have all in one go isnt it?
(sorry if i sound really nieve i have really bad eating habbits where i dont eat meals and just snack and pick at things all day)

Yep I always think 600 cals is quite a lot for a meal. I always go for low fat usually, but it can be anything but obviously low fat is going to be better for us. Saying that it's good it can be anything as that can fit in with going out somewhere, family meals etc if need be. I tend to have 300-400 cals for dinner and usually include a little pud like a muller light, fruit or a mini milk (which are only 30cals!!) in with my dinner.

600 calories are a lot for one meal, but I eat a low fat dinner (which is usually pretty easy on calories too) and still have plenty of calories left to spend on a Weight Watchers dessert. Plenty of different types to keep you from cheating with a really bad one. Right now I have on hand eclairs, lemon cheese cakes, date and walnut cakes, and carrot and orange cakes. (I don't personally like chocolate so I don't buy them, but they do have loads of chocolate stuff.) Mind you, they may not be good for the under 100 cal. snack. You'd have to look.

oh my goodness drbetteridge how do you not like chocolate! god i wish i didnt its my serious downfall.
had my 1st day today, had a
shake for breakfast
Snack Bar at 10am
then.... well lunch was awful i had one of those chocolate crunch bars and it was so yucky it was making me heave with every mouthful, i only managed 1/2
so i had another snack bar and have just had my last snack at 4:30 (as im sitting watching my son eat his eat and cant stop myself). lol

think its gone ok. i feel full now its just sooooo hard not to pick at things. my mate is also doing it at work, so we are supporting each other which is fab!

I was wondering.. if i had a snack whihc was only 50cals... can you then have another 50 cal snack to make it up to 100cals?
or does it not work like that?

Thanx everyone

I hate the meal bars too! Yep thos choc ones I trie dthem last time I did slimfast and only ate half of one, yuk! That's why i stick to the shakes lol!

Yes if you have a snack that's only 50 cals it's fine to make it up to 100 cals. As long as you don't go over 100 cals for a snack you're fine.

awww Thanx for ya replies! Day two of slimfast today!!!! Yesterday another memvber of staff brought in choco ice creams! so mean!!!! but managed to refuse one!!!!
just put ice in my morning chocolate shake, it it actually tasted pretty good!

As a matter of interest, how many calories are in a Slimfast shake?

Could you do three a day and use it like Cambridge, I wonder?

Back