Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What dress size to buy?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Lizziewill, 28 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Lizziewill

Lizziewill Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm after some advice. My sister is getting married at the beginning of September and I'm going to be a bridesmaid. The problem is that I need to order the bridesmaid dress now and I have no idea what size to order. At the moment I'm size 22 :mad: and have been on TS for 2 weeks. So far no change in dress size from what I can tell, but I'm really hoping that will change soon!

Has anyone else been in this situation? If I stick with the diet (which I fully intend on doing), how many dress sizes can I realistically anticipate losing in 3 months?

Oh, the dilemma!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Divalicious

Divalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(31.31%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    People are different, despite being 100% in 3 months I went from a size 22/24 to 18/20. How about an 18, Are you able to get it altered if it's too big for the wedding? Am sure a few people will tell you better advice. HTH x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. Lizziewill

Lizziewill Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I was kinda thinking an 18 was probably the most realistic, although in my ideal world it would be a 16! Yes, I suppose I could get it adjusted, but it would be good not to have the extra expense!

5. shellreed2011

shellreed2011 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(30.56%)
    Diet:
    exante (weight watchers for 1yr)
    I started April the day after mothers day and I've gone from a 22 waist to a 16! I would go for a 16 hun x

6. Bambalina

Bambalina Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.17%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I would buy the dress in your size now and have it taken in a few weeks b4 wedding! My BMs are all having their fittings A month b4 wedding also it's is costing me £25.00 a dress if any alterations need to be done, x

7. TT Tessie

TT Tessie Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE (LIPOTRIM PREVIOUSLY)
    After 3 Stone in 3months I went down 3 dress sizes but only 1 waist. Size.

Following another 4month & 1 Stone ish lost another dress size but am still the same waist size.

Depends on style of dress & where. You lose your weight. I would err on side of caution. Dress will likely need altered regardless. Gorgeous size 10 Bride pal in a dress that seemed perfect still needed some alterations for the big day.

I would check out that chosen style Is ok to be altered down 1 size if you do get to it.

Good Luck.

Pps try on an 18 & 16 in bridal shop even in different style or Wedding dress to give you a better idea.

8. GinaLangland

GinaLangland Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie-counting, using mfp
    ... and don't forget, it's easier and cheaper to take something in than let it out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.