What dress size to buy?

I'm after some advice. My sister is getting married at the beginning of September and I'm going to be a bridesmaid. The problem is that I need to order the bridesmaid dress now and I have no idea what size to order. At the moment I'm size 22 :mad: and have been on TS for 2 weeks. So far no change in dress size from what I can tell, but I'm really hoping that will change soon!

Has anyone else been in this situation? If I stick with the diet (which I fully intend on doing), how many dress sizes can I realistically anticipate losing in 3 months?

Oh, the dilemma!

People are different, despite being 100% in 3 months I went from a size 22/24 to 18/20. How about an 18, Are you able to get it altered if it's too big for the wedding? Am sure a few people will tell you better advice. HTH x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was kinda thinking an 18 was probably the most realistic, although in my ideal world it would be a 16! Yes, I suppose I could get it adjusted, but it would be good not to have the extra expense!

I started April the day after mothers day and I've gone from a 22 waist to a 16! I would go for a 16 hun x

After 3 Stone in 3months I went down 3 dress sizes but only 1 waist. Size.

Following another 4month & 1 Stone ish lost another dress size but am still the same waist size.

Depends on style of dress & where. You lose your weight. I would err on side of caution. Dress will likely need altered regardless. Gorgeous size 10 Bride pal in a dress that seemed perfect still needed some alterations for the big day.

I would check out that chosen style Is ok to be altered down 1 size if you do get to it.

Good Luck.

Pps try on an 18 & 16 in bridal shop even in different style or Wedding dress to give you a better idea.

... and don't forget, it's easier and cheaper to take something in than let it out.

Back