WHAT EXERCISE are you doing?

TRIVENAM

Getting there!!!
Hi everyone,ive just joined slimming world on wed 8th and im so so sooooo happy i did! my sister has joined too so we have great motivation!

im just still in shock that i can have ANYTHING i like without feeling guilty,hopefully the scales show a good loss on wednesday!

its taken me 7 years to actually find a diet that suits me,i actually am a fad diet junkie! look wer dats got me,so i thought to myself,the amount of years i spent trying out quick fixes i could have actually been my dream weight if i had just done it right... :(

well thats wat im doing now! im loving my food and im never hungry!!!

so i do some walking and i jogged today on my treadmill,mind you i was like a lump of jelly after it lol!!
so is anyone else doing any exercise? im just curious because there are fab losses on the forum!!! ;)

Occasional half marathons put into my diary and a London Marathon ballot entry mean that I keep my base long distance running skills up, generally aim for between 5-10k, but longer if I am outside and not in the gym.

I also enjoy aerobics classes and now I have a gym membership will hopefully be able to get out of work early enough to go 2 times a week.

I want to start weight training also.

Weather permitting I cycle to work, it's 4.2 miles each way. I also park the car @ park n ride & walk the rest of the way into town.

I love walking & often just put on my ipod & go for a wander, anywhere really.

I couldn't afford a gym membership or anything like that - and know that I probably wouldn't keep it up anyway - especially in the winter months.

However, we live in a 3 storey house and I run up and down the stairs 5 times at least 4 times a day - Dug out my mini trampoline (urban rebounder, sounds sexier!) - NOT - but I run & bounce on that 2 - 3 times a week for half hour each session although every monday whilst watching biggest loser I do a whole hour !! AND I'm walking the dog further than I have in months since starting back to work. PLUS I walk for 15 minutes every lunch time - come rain or shine.

I think it has definitely helped me this time to lose the weight a bit more quickly than previous attempts at SW.

I've joined the local pool and pay monthly now so I go swimming for at least an hour and a half a day,5 times a week doing a mile plus at a time.We also go as a family for a swim on a sunday afternoon.I also try to get in at least 20 mins per night on my exercise bike and walk my dog a minimum of once a day.I drag hubby swimming after WI on a wednesday too so swim twice on a wed.
Took a bit of getting used to suddenly getting off my bum but I'm really enjoying myself now :)

Heya

I walk my daughter to school everyday, I cycle 10 miles every other day and the days I don't cycle I do an hour on the wii sports active and wii fit.

Helen xxx

I am not an exercise fan - but I am trying o do something each day. So far Ive walked to school and back a couple of times a week, parked as far away from the supermarket entrance as I can. Generally just walked rather than use the car where possible. Nothing major, but all these small steps are adding up x

I do 15 minutes on my abe builder every morning, 20 minutes in the afternoon on either a dvd or my fitness coach on the Wii and then play a game of tennis sometimes 2 on my Wii.

I do this from Monday-Friday. At the weekends I often go out with DH just walking.

I go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Have been doing Body Pump, swimming and spin. Recently done a step class and will be doing body step and body combat.

I also go on the treadmill and cross trainer.

I swear by spinning, I go 5 times a week and can see a huge difference in my fitness, my body shape and I always feel great after I come out of the class. The thing with spinning is you have to give it a chance, go at your own pace and you will enjoy it and the benefits. I also walk to and from school everyday when taking my son. Three weeks ago I climbed Snowdon, if you had said to me in December just gone that I would be doing that I would of said (pardon the pun) "on your bike"!
Good luck X

i walk my doggies more now.

the other day i took them out 3 times and they were not happy cause they arent used to that many walks.

hopefully one day i will get back to my beloved swimming. i so miss it

but with my cellulite legs i dont see it happening anytime soon :(

i dont do much exercise at all.

I have the occasional cycle, zumba class or walking. In general, there is no regular exercise for me!!!

I will try to in the future, but not for now - i have a gym phobia too!!!! x

Before I was going to the gym three times a week. But since I started Slimming World, I was worried I might lose too much muscle as I wasn't eating that much. I will start up eventually, just taking it slowly at the moment!

Like 'Must be Mad' I am trying to get more exercise in my regular daily routine, rather than specifically 'exercising'. I live on a hill which is useful because it makes my walks a bit of an effort whichever way I go. I collect my grand daughter from school each day (20 minutes - uphill there when I can stride out and downhill back chatting with her and stroking cats etc) The local shops are at the bottom of the hill and I aim to make that trip 3 or 4 times a week and return trying to stride out back up the hill instead of dragging myself up it. I'm building up the amount that I carry too (at first I would only consider light stuff as the walk alone was an effort - so I must be improving)

My main exercise has been walking. I usually walk into town which is about 4 miles and then depending on what I need I will walk back too. My workplace is opening a gym on the 1st october at a cost of £12 per month so now I am at target and attending SW for free I will use the money to pay for my gym membership as I need to work on toning up my wobbly bits.

I used to follow the Davian one before I was preggers (brought the Davina pregnancy one but it is lame and I like to a little bit of a sweat on) So I have different pregnancy dvd and follow each section which consists of six for sixs daysa week adn really helps boast my energy levels, which are so poor right now! Although I am considering going back to swiming, which lurve, Just got to geow a pain a balls for the first time as it is nerve wracking, lucky their is a womens time only, yeay no dirty pervs!

I try to walk a lot more than I used to - even just small things like walking to the supermarket instead of driving. It takes about 10 mins in the car but about 40 mins to walk. I'd be going there anyway so it doesn't really feel like exercise haha. And I go running 2-3 times a week, just around the local park. I do find I have better losses when I've made an effort with exercise.

At the moment I swim for about 45 minutes twice a week and walk the mile to work both days that I'm at work, plus whatever walking happens naturally on the basis that I can't drive and the buses aren't brilliant!

I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, but generally try to walk more.

Once I have lost more though I will try and do more class based stuff such as boxercise etc instead of the gym.

Back