What exercise classes to take

cazzabella78

staying positive
Hey everyone,

I've recently joined slimming world and im looking to do a few exercise classes too. i did have a gym membership but cancelled it because i got bored.

Theres a few classes at my local leisure centre which im looking at but i dont know whats involved in the classes. Maybe someone who already goes to these type of classes can shed some light and explain what they are :D

Body balanace
Body pump
Body combat
Fitness pilates
Pump FX

Ta very much :D

Last edited:
i do body combat and its amazing!!!

i found a vid on youtube as im bad at explaining

YouTube - BODYCOMBAT by Les Mills

OOhhh will i look like this girl after a few sessions :D Hmm, me thinks not. lol

its very high impact, and burns alot of calories :)

you'll sweat loads!

this one is a bit better

YouTube - Body Combat 42 Track 7.wmv

I think i'll knock my hip out of place lol :D

cheers very much for that, im gona have a nosey at youtube and see what other videos i can find.

do you do floor work i.e. sit up etc at bodycombat? i hurt my back falling down the stairs last year and its still bothering me so i dont want to go to anything thats gonna make that worse but at the same time i want to get a bit fitter :)

I think i'll knock my hip out of place lol :D

cheers very much for that, im gona have a nosey at youtube and see what other videos i can find.

do you do floor work i.e. sit up etc at bodycombat? i hurt my back falling down the stairs last year and its still bothering me so i dont want to go to anything thats gonna make that worse but at the same time i want to get a bit fitter :)

yes but discuss this injury with the instructor and im sure they will be fine with you sitting out of this... mine made me sit out of this when i had my fainting fit in her class :(

try body attack too, search launch 69 / 70 :)

i dont know what happened, id felt a bit funny all day, and half way through got breathless and my vision blurred, so went to rest and sorta slipped down the wall, woke up sat on the floor.... instructor wanted me to go home and rest as i was still a funny colour (grey!) and was worried that if i did the next one (a floor part) that id pass out again, but i went out for a bit of air and was ok after that, its happeneing alot to me now, im getting my treatment on the 29th for it, so hopefully, ill not be ill like that!

not all will do launch 70 yet, as its brand new, but mainly launch 69 is done :)

i highly reccomend body attack though, ive tried it with 3 different instructors and found one that does to a level thats high enough for me, i dont like the easier ones and love to push myself to the limit of dropping!

Back