What exercise do you do?

ChubLock

Silver Member
Following on from the swimming vs walking thread I thought I'd just ask the majority of us do? I do Body Combat on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (well not every week but I always go to the Tuesday night class). This week I swam on Sunday, tonight I did 1hr body combat, Thursday I'm going to go to Body Pump and Saturday is another Body Combat session :)

Not a lot as I have a knee disability but I manage small amounts such as 10 min of low impact aerobics that don't put too much pressure on my knees and I have a health walker which is similar to a cross trainer and I can do 10 mins on that but not every day.
Small amounts of walking is the only other thing I do at the moment.

I tried C25K yesterday and I thought I will walk for 1 minute run for 30 seconds, well I managed that rotation 3 times before I just walked the rest if the way. Is there no hope or do I try the rotation 4 times next time? Xx

Chereally said:
I tried C25K yesterday and I thought I will walk for 1 minute run for 30 seconds, well I managed that rotation 3 times before I just walked the rest if the way. Is there no hope or do I try the rotation 4 times next time? Xx

Def keep going I couldn't do that when I started andi'm only a few weeks in but can run for 3 min now xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a fairly 'active' person although I don't do much scheduled 'exercise'. I teach dance a couple of times a week which is a brilliant workout and as I don't drive I do a LOT of walking. I walk for leisure too with my partner. Sometimes if I need extra calories I will do some intense sessions of Just Dance 2 on the Wii as I find that excellent exercise. I used to do that quite frequently but have become a bit lazy recently ;)

I'm also a fan of Just Dance 2 on the wii, apart from that i'm pretty lazy lol x

I try to do long walks but when I see how much of a slog it takes to burn just 300cals, I usually would just rather not eat the calories in the first place. Right now I only motivate myself to walk (for fitness, not weightloss) by "giving myself" the calories burned back as something I wouldn't usually have, for example a bar of chocolate or a bread roll. That works out okay and it means I can still sometimes have stuff that I don't keep in the house otherwise.

Roller Derby twice a week, it's quite full-on and lasts 2 hours each time. I sometimes skate in between as well. I'm looking forward to getting back into it after a sprained knee has kept me off my skates for a few weeks. I also walk the dog and most days visit the local shops so I'm quite active really. I packed in my gym membership because it was no fun!

Hello.
I go to BMF (British Military Fitness). I love it- so different to the gym. It's training in the park & each session is different.
They do variations too, tabbing classes & running club.
It's good to see what everyone does & get some new ideas.
Michelle x

ZUMBA! :D

Joined the gym on a 21 days for £21 programme to try out the zumba (as its £6 per class!). Ended up doing 4 - 5 classes of it a week for the last 3 weeks and I am now a fully pledged member of my local gym :)

Jogging on my rebounder 30 mins day or Wii free Step for 30 mins to 1 hour a day. I'm also trying to go swimming once a week.

I have just bought Zumba for the Wii but so far I'm struggling with the steps and that's just the learners section so not sure if it will be making it's way into my weekly exercise plan.

I'm also trying to sit on a swiss ball while watching tv as I heard it's good for your stomach muscles and I try to do 200 sit ups with it everyday.

I really struggle as I can't afford to attend classes and any indoors exercise has to wait until the two little ones are in bed, by which time I am tired anyway but also still have tidying etc to do....

How on earth do people find time/energy?

I really struggle as I can't afford to attend classes and any indoors exercise has to wait until the two little ones are in bed, by which time I am tired anyway but also still have tidying etc to do....

How on earth do people find time/energy?

I can't afford to go to any classes either, I have an exercise bike at home? Do you have one? You could try looking at your local Freecycle group, lots of exercise machines are given away via that, then just get up an hour earlier than the kids, get your exercise done then, its hard at first but soon becomes as routine as a morning cuppa:)

Back