What exercise do you do?

gonabslim79

I used to run, can only manage about 20-30 mins max.

I have got back on my bike and now go for bike rides. since weigh in last week i have clocked up 44 miles! I am concerned that i will start to go all muscley around my legs and wonder if i should do anything else. thinking about a swiss ball?

What does everyone else do?

Ok, here's my timetable:

Sunday: Gym 90 mins, swim 45 mins
Monday: Training 2 hours
Tuesday: Gym 90 mins, swim 45 mins
Wednesday: Gym 90 mins, swim 45 mins, training 1 hour
Thursday: training 2 hours
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Rest

Ok, here's my timetable:

OMG I'm exhausted just looking at that!

I do no actual exercise at mo. I'm a bit scared as am still a bit too big to feel comfortable doing anything. But my job is quite active - youth worker - and I'm looking at thinking bout joining a local netball club.

x

I dusted off my Rosemary Conley Shape up and Salsacise dvd yesterday and did 20 mins!Gosh my shins ache today! But I managed to get to the end without needing the paramedics! Very hot and starting to sweat, but as she says it's very low impact on the joints, and I love the music.
I sent for loads of exercise dvds from lovefilm, but none of them appealed. They mostly seem to be aimed at the younger end of the market. Some of them looked downright dangerous! I always seem to come back to RC. The routines are devised for slimmers, and she tells you what you are doing next in plenty of time.And there's always an easy version to follow.

I don't do nearly enough exercise!!! I do wii fit the odd time, and try to walk more but the car is just too handy!!

OH's folks have been decorating and stripping wallpaper and washing down walls is keeping me active enough.

mon, wed and fri walk home for work 2.5 miles each time, tues,thurs and sun 1 and 1/2 hours in the gym, saturday is my day to do nothing.

Well two months ago I didnt do any excercise, this is what it looks like now:

Mon- Aqua aerobics
Tues-Family swim
Weds-1/2 hr walking
Thurs-Aqua aerobics
Fri- Gym 1 hr and family swim in eve
Sat- rest
Sun - rest

Here's my workout at the mo;
Mon- 45min spin, 45min pilates, 45min pump
Tues- 45mins in gym, 45min spin
Wed-REST
Thurs-45min spin, 45min pump
Fri- combat 45mins
Sat- REST
Sun- bike ride or 30min walk

I cycle and try to aim for at least 5 miles a day with a few 10 milers thrown in a week. I walk everywhere and refuse to drive and I also try and have 2 rest days a week where I let my muscles chillax.

Is it just me or is time a real factor? I find that I will drive places that I could walk just cus it's quicker even if time is not pressing on me at that time. It seems ridiculous really, we can't afford to waste fuel on these tiny journies but laziness and convenience usually prevail. I am going to propose a challenge for the month of May, to think before making short car/bus journies and if it's possible to walk instead of drive then do it! Who's in? I am going to start a new thread for this

yes cool!!, since i have started to bike to work a few days a week my petrol gauge has hardly moved! its great cos i hate filling up, seems such a waste cos i cant see what i have spent my money on! and its only a half hour bike ride!

I don't do any unless you count my short walk to work and back, and housework! I have arthritic feet which makes everything painful (that's my excuse anyway)! I'm waiting for an operation some time this year, so hopefully next year I'll be able to get fit.

I would love to ride my bike to work as it's only 4 miles (too far to walk in the morning but not too far to cycle) but I have no way of safely storing my bike here :(

Ok, here's my timetable:

Oh my dear lord - thats serious training there, well done!! are you training for anything in particular?

I'm doing the Moonwalk on 16 May so my training at the moment is:

Monday rest
Tuesday DVD (Davina or Steps)
Wednesday rest
Thursday 4 mile walk
Friday rest
Saturday 6 mile walk
Sunday - long walk minimum 8 miles at the moment

Oh my dear lord - thats serious training there, well done!! are you training for anything in particular?
Yes I do karate and kick boxing and I have my karate black belt grading in September, pre-grading in June so I need to be really fit for it (fitter than I am now!) and I want to be a lot lighter too!

Yes I do karate and kick boxing and I have my karate black belt grading in September, pre-grading in June so I need to be really fit for it (fitter than I am now!) and I want to be a lot lighter too!

WOW I am impressed, good luck with your grading, I'm sure you'll get it, you are certainly putting in the time to prepare

Ive got my heart set on doing a triathlon next May (and a friend has bet me £50 I can't do it), but I can't ride a bike and at the weight I am now I couldn't run, so a few obstacles in my way, but I am hoping that my desire to do this will get me to stick to plan and get at least 2 stone off by the end of the year (if not get to goal weight) to make the running easier, now I just need to learn to ride a bike - bit of a problem as I am exceptionally clumsy and fall over fresh air - really balance isn't my strong point LOL!! Its a case of no lose weight, no triathlon!

Back