What exercise(if any) do you do??...

I try to cycle at least 25 miles a day, but unfortunately bloomin work gets in the way. Im fairly new to this sport, as am unable to run anymore & its a great low impact way of working out.......it has certainly helped toning up the wobbly bits!!!

wow! where do you find the time... I'd be exhausted! well done you :D
i'm a stay at home mum of 3 lovely children, my youngest starts nursery in september so im hoping to start working but at the moment hes in 1 morning a week so thats when i do my run. my hubbys in the forces so i am stuck in the middle of nowhere with plenty of fields to exercise in lol, its all good though :)

I did 20 days of 30 day shred before hurting my knee. In that time I lost a total of 8 inches but scales didn't move an inch and although it shouldn't have demotivated me it did :-( not doing anything at the moment as want to lose couple more pounds then do some light exercising to tone up. Would love toned arms :)

i'm a stay at home mum of 3 lovely children, my youngest starts nursery in september so im hoping to start working but at the moment hes in 1 morning a week so thats when i do my run. my hubbys in the forces so i am stuck in the middle of nowhere with plenty of fields to exercise in lol, its all good though :)

see work is my problem, somedays are quite stressful and i really should go to the gym afterwards but i just want to go home and relax. i must make more effort :rolleyes:

i don't blame you nettie. but if you do get into it then eventually you might find it a good stress reliever, i never thought i would say that by the way. but 9 months later i quite enjoy it. good luck, and im sure once i am a working woman i will probably struggle to squeeze it in too.

Nettie, i know where you are coming from.
I've been a fitness freak in my past but was only like that to stop myself from eating and now i've put weight on i'm totally the opposite. I always use the excuse that i'm too busy with my shift work, or looking after my daughter or sorting the house, but after a week of being strict with myself and sticking to plan 100% and only losing 1/2lb i was gutted to the extreme i could of cried in front of everyone at class.
So with that 1/2 lb loss making me feel pretty crap about myself i thought the weight isnt going to get the better of me.
I've been swimming and did 32 lengths in 25 mins (use to 64 in 22 mins), i've done a 30 min speed walk and i'm off swimming tonight as a 12 hour day shift - needs must and all that.
I'm a firm believer that when you're not exercising you always feel too tired to exercise or just cant be bothered but i must admit i felt great after swimming on Thursday and will defo be continuing with it. Start small and then increase it after time, thats what i'm doing. Good luck.
Rach xxx

I jog/walk 30mins every day & do weights routine 4 days a week & a spin class twice a week.. I also do 1 hour of Yoga a day and im noticing huge changes in my body so far. As ive just moved house, from tomorrow i will be walking 4.5miles to work and 4.5 miles home everyday

I walk about an hour a day M-F to work and back home. I have been using EA Active religiously but have found that it doesn't raise my heart rate enough for effective fat burning (I'm still out of breath at the top of the stairs) so have gone back to my old Rosemary Conley (don't laugh) dvds to build up my cardio.
The Ea Active has been brilliant for my muscles though and I;ve lost loads of inches and my squats and lunges are A1!!

I zumba 2-3 times a week, wii fit/just dance or zumba (again) when I can (norm weekends) followed by 2-5 mile walks x1 a week (2miles in 45-50 mins)
Want to up the action... Been adding in some running... 15-20 mins here and there .
Everyone sounds like they're doing really well!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, I've not started exercise yet although this week I have decided to go with any activity which gets my butt off the sofa (little changes) then when I've lost a bit more I'll work out exercise routine - so:
Saturday: walked to shop & back 15 mins
Sunday: house work 3 hours
Today: walking to town about 1 hour ish

I jog for 30mins 3x per week and have just started the 30 day shred which I do every day. I didn't do any specific exercise when I started SW but I don't drive so I walk everywhere.

If anyone is struggling with the idea of exercise - try and build it in slowly e.g., start with just one or two things per week and then build it up.

I think the reason I failed with exercise in the past was because I was like 'I'll go to the gym for 2 hours every day' which I did, but it only ever lasted about 2 weeks and then I'd go back to doing nothing again!

This time I've just added things in bit by bit and I feel like it's much more sustainable.

I am just starting out on SW. Just now I just take my dog for a walk for around an hour a day. I also get a bit of exercise pushing wheelchair user at work, on Sat was a two and half hour stint. Can really feel it when have a big hill to get up!

I do quite a bit of exercise because I enjoy it (strange I know!) I'm third week into slimming world and only weighing every month so I hope the combination of the eating plan and the exercise will help.

Monday - Spin class or Body Pump class (sometimes I do both or combined with some gym work from PT sessions)
Tuesday - Spin class and some gym work from PT sessions
Wednesday - Spin class and Total Sculpt class
Thursday - Personal training session
Saturday - Body Pump

It is a regular thing for me and has been for a few years now but I hate it when people say 'just increase your exercise and you lose weight'. Doesn't work for me never has!!! I need to diet aswell.

If anyone is looking to add a little bit into their day and struggling to fit it in. Rosemary Conley puts a daily fitness challenge on her Twitter account, it can be something as small as do 15 star jumps during the ad breaks or walk up and down the stairs at a fast pace three times. It might help!

I'm new to exercise so for now its just walking my dog:D I do have the 10 minute trainer program that I intend to start at some point.:eek:

i have just got in from the gym after doing two classes
6.00-6.45 - Body combat
7.00-7.45 - weight lifting class
and i feel so goooood

Zumba!!!! :) It's a killer but I love it.

Me too! I was very reluctant about going but went because my friend wanted to. I thought I was going to die during the first class, hated the music (and still do, actually) and had to say to her at the end "I'm sorry, this isn't for me."

Once I'd got home, showered and re-hydrated myself though, I was totally buzzing! In fact, I barely slept that night because I was so high on endorphins and I jumped out of bed the next morning with loads of energy. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm now doing 3 classes a week! I really do feel it's making a difference with my weight loss too and because the focus seems to be on your core (lots of bumping, grinding, thrusting and wiggling) my waist is definitely smaller and I've had to dig out some of my old trousers for work!

I try and do some form of exercise for 30mins at least 3 times a week.

At the mo it varies between a bit of Zumba/Dance Central on Xbox 360 when the little ones in bed and the bf is at footy in the eve. Alternatively, I go swimming for as long as I can, its normally only an hour for Adults only, at the mo approx 32lengths in 40mins as I am a slow and very weak swimmer, or gym class for an hour or 30mins cardio in the gym on a interval training method as Womens Fitness Mag and SW mags i find great for inspiration about the gym and the SW eating plan.

xx

Hello :) I play in county league Netball so we train once a week & have a match once a week too. Ive just been nominated as next seasons captain too :D Woohoo!!

I have rejoined my old gym three months ago too when I rejoined SW & I love it!

Also I just today started the C25K so hoping by the end of the nine weeks I'll be able to run for 45mins :) xxx

Sent from Blondie's iPhone using MiniMins

Back