Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

What exercises do you do to loose weight?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Sitmus, 1 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Sitmus

Sitmus Member

Hey,

I'm wondering what everyone here does to loose weight so I can hopefully pick up a few good ideas.

Currently, I do 60 mins or so of exercise bike a day, 50 weight lifts (10kg) per arm, 30 push ups and 20 sits ups a day.

I'm also thinking of investing in a Wii fit, apparently they're good.

What are you doing to drop the pounds/lbs?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jacqu79

jacqu79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(14.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/Exante
    All I've done up til now is try and walk 5miles per day.

Today I started a workout dvd though. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Apparently you can lose up to 20lb in 30 days on it!:eek:

Taking that with a pinch of salt though!:)

I fancy the wii fit myself, but am a bit skint just now!

4. cateka

cateka Full Member

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    7st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(11.76%)
    Walking makes no difference for me sadly as I have to walk at least 2.5miles per day anyway because I can't afford but or car.
    I tend to do one cardio workout per day just for good health and to bump up my metabolism a bit. Every day I do at half an hour of either jogging or skipping. I find jogging the most fun because you don't have to stay in the same place and its easier to set goals on.
    I also do a bit of muscle toning - 50 sit-ups per day and at least half an hour of yoga.
    Its difficult to cram all this into one day I know, so if I slip I just bump up the yoga to an hour and a quarter.
    Good luck :D

5. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    Hey Sitmus,
    Have You Tried Doing A Boxercise Class,its A Fantastic Way To Shift The Lbs As Its 50 Solid Mins Of Pure Cardio,you Should Give It A Go Some Of The Classes Can Burn Up To 600 Kcals In 50 Mins,you Cant Ask For More Than That Now Can You!!!!!
    Elaine X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.