What format does your class take??

Yes I agree, also must be pretty tough for the social team to get so many people through the system. Nightmare! By the way rosie, how are you. Not heard from you much and miss yr posts. Hope things are going OK.

I joined my mums group at the beginning of this year and it has about 30 people stay at a guess. Most people stay each week.
It starts at 7 for weigh in/pay done by 2 long standing members. The shop isn't manned, just a tub with change so you work it out yourself. So far every week our c has done the new member talk during this time.
Then at 7.30 our c starts IT, she goes through everyones weight loss/gain and asks us a different question each week. The group is really friendly so recipes, syns, ideas etc are just thrown around during this part. Our c is also really funny, she thought our clapping wasn't up to much last week so made out it was her bday got us all to sing n clap then said well if u can do that n its not really my bday u can do better at clapping! Lol
I do really enjoy this class and hardly anyone goes after wi maybe 1 or 2 a week the rest stay.
We have the raffle and sotw at the end which is about 8.15 latest. She recently went round asking for green suggestions too which helped a few members. We always get texts in the week with recipes too which is an incentive to keep it up x

Gosh I can't imagine such a big group. We have about 20 people max who stay and we always run over!

I am on Social team and we weighed 96 people last at Tuesdays 9.30am group, my C is starting a 12pm session so hoping it will thin out a bit next week, we already have a 5.30pm and a 7.30pm session that day, it is busiest I have ever seen it.

It's really interesting reading this thread.
I started at a very small group- 30 people max and only 15 or so used to stay to IT. I got to know everyone really well and I only left because my C was giving up that group and I didn't like the new C!!
I now go to one of my C's other groups (she had 3, now has 2) and its so different! Much bigger, at least 60 + WI and probably half of that stay to IT.
Not the friendliest bunch either however when my C asked for a new member of her social team, I volunteered for 2 reasons:

1. I have to speak to everyone so I've now made lots of friends :)
2. When I hit target (5.5lbs away) I have no excuse not to attend group every week

Plus I'm interested in becoming a C myself :)

I'm hoping my group will get slightly smaller as people start to not bother now its no longer January as it does take ages to get through everyone! Starts at 6:30 and I'm often not home until 8:30 and I live 5 mins walk away!

Last edited:
Hi I have a question for you regarding groups. I go on a Saturday but don't like the group very much so considering changing to a Monday. I went to weigh in yesterday so if i was to change to a Monday group, would I go tomorrow? Then I'd be getting weighed twice within 3 days.

... or if you wanted you could just not go to the group you are leaving next Saturday, and go on the Monday. Then your weigh in would be for nine days rather than seven. I don't think they'd charge you for a missed week given you were changing groups?

My first meeting the other day was a bit of a bun-fight. The Consultant seemed friendly and very able, but I was confused about 'Image Therapy' - is that the talking about everyone's weight loss? There must have been about sixty people at my meeting and it took FOREVER to go through everyone - time I don't really have!

What is the Image Therapy? :confused:

My class is :
19:00 - weigh in
19:15 - Consultant does the new member talk
19:45- I.T. Starts
20:45- I.t ends

Only about 15-20 people stay for IT nowadays, it used to be less bt it still seemed to take the same length of time. I feel I need to stay to class to keep on track but its just far too long; I'm ravenous by the time I get home. But maybe that's because my OH makes SW burger & chips for me on Tuesdays :)

My class is :
19:00 - weigh in
19:15 - Consultant does the new member talk
19:45- I.T. Starts
20:45- I.t ends

Wow, your class is much longer than mine. Mine is 19:00-19:30 Weigh in & C does new member talk at the same time then 19:30-20:00/20:15 IT.

I am a consultant and the weigh in should be half hour and the image therapy should be around 1 hour for 60 people if there is only 20 peopl staying it should only take 20 minutes If this is not happening speak to your consultant about it. The reason for this is...if your sitting there for a whole hour for 20 people are you going to be inclined to bring lots of friends along and make the process longer? No. So it should be altered to the amount of people that stay to group x

I am a consultant and the weigh in should be half hour and the image therapy should be around 1 hour for 60 people if there is only 20 peopl staying it should only take 20 minutes If this is not happening speak to your consultant about it. The reason for this is...if your sitting there for a whole hour for 20 people are you going to be inclined to bring lots of friends along and make the process longer? No. So it should be altered to the amount of people that stay to group x

I think mine is probably about right then. IT usually takes just over half an hour and I think there are usually about 30 people there.

Yeah- it def takes too long but to be fair to the C most of the 20 people that do go seem to be long term members who are struggling & every week she says "we'll not be as long next week", my sister did stop going because it takes so long. I doubt I could find a nicer C though, she really cares so much about us!

My C runs 2 groups on a Monday night straight after one another because she has so many and wanted to make it easier for both us and herself! I love IT we have a lot of group banter...we have mini whiteboards (one for each side of the room) and compete for points. Whichever side of the room has the most points wins....very simple but lots of laughs and giggles! :D x

Yesterday we had to get into little groups and devise a three course Valentines meal which is low syns. These sort of things are good as I think it gets people mixing a bit. I am the sort of person who will go and chat to anyone but not everyone is like me. Ice breaking is good and we all had a good laugh.

Back