What gets u through those 1st days?

wannabefitatthirty

Find 1st couple of days so crappy, waiting for ketosis to kick in, fighting those hunger pains, have that argument with urself that u could 'just eat healthily' (but never do)

These days r one of the hardest challenges I've ever faced -and I have 5 kids!

I'm a serial weigher & have to weigh myself every morning.... I'm on morning of day 2 and have lost 5lb from yesterday!!!!!! The weigh ins keep me going...

The first couple of days for me is all about planning - I'm trying to become an ex-serial weigher - so now I'm a serial planner.
I setup my spreadsheets to track my losses, write down my goals, go to my virtual model page and create my before and after images and then put them in my spreadsheet... I cook a lot (strange maybe - but for others - it works for me!)
I try and do research into whatever is motivating me to lose weight - this time I've researched my sky dive - worked out how I can afford to pay for it etc... previously I window-shopped for clothes... I've also gone through my suitcase of clothes that don't fit me and picked out some key pieces to ut in my wardrobe for motivation.... that and cleaning - just keeping busy really!

The first 4 days were hell for me, and the first week felt like a year.
Every single day i watched supersize vs superskinny, documentrys on the 4od website like half a ton mom, half a ton dad, read stories online like 'worlds fattest woman' stuff like this kept me SO motivated! Especially on supersize vs superskinny when they show the american person who is very very obese and physically bed bound & can't do much for themselves anymore. Really sad, and just made me cry every time (in a positive way though!)

Now for motivation i go onto my favourite websites and save the links to all the clothes i'm going to buy for christmas! :D

LOL, Sinead, we are so alike - That is EXACTLY what I did too! :D

Lol sinead that's exactly what I've been doing!! Funnily enough I'm watching the biggest loser USA right now!! I love supersize Vs superskinny I can't believe how big some of them get! I'm on day 6 and you're right its felt like a lifetime and theres still on more day to go!!

Milly - Do you have facebook or twitter? My links are above my picture, add me :)

Shazzy_Shaz - I do like the biggest loser, however i don't find it motivating enough for me.. i watch them workout 6 hours + a day, and i literally feel exausted just from watching them. Also they lose weight a bit slower than i think us on Cambridge are? They do excersise from the get go & are still eating. Where as if i watch obese people who are bed bound, it rings alarm bells in my head and makes me want to NOT be like that! x

i find looking at my favourite clothes sites and reading magazine helps. I like to imagine wearing the clothes I want to wear xxx

I think it's more a smug thing, my CDC said why bother wasting your time exercising when you can just put your feet up and have a few shakes a day! I know from experience how rubbish it is, I used to do about 4 hours a day 5 days a week and ate healthily l and for what absolubtly nothing! CD is literally my last chance to shift this now! I've lost count how many times I've watched half ton man! It's definitely reading stories and photos like yours which also keep me going! Youd make a great CDC!!! You've done so amazingly well so far!!

Aww thanks so much!!
I'd love to become a CDC at the end of the year once i've reached my goal!! xx

That's a lovely incentive 4u too sinead :)

I've just had my 2nd meal (soup) & actually feel satisfied & not hungry at all, like I was yesterday .... Tomorro I'm going out to meet friend in pub for a drink, I'm happy with sparkling water but she's going to eat :-( she feels bad but im meeting her after her work & she will not get chance to eat..... So 1st challenge!!!

Hi,
just had my first weigh in and i've lost 11 lbs.....I found the best way for me is to drink loads of water even with the shakes as ive really don't fancy them at the moment :(
set yourself small goals, ive got a pair of jeans next size down to get into lol

hugs x

Back