What Handy Snacks do you have when out and about?

Potatogirl

There is only now
I'd love to know what you folks who have been doing this longer than me (ie everyone!) put in your bags for snacks when out and about.

I have to take my daughter to a class after school on Tuesdays - have lunch at work at 12noon then don't eat until half seven ish - if ever there was a likelihood of me falling off the wagon - it's then!

I've considered taking a couple of scan brans and a cheese triangle - but it may not be practical. I really want to avoid synning if I can because I tend to eat these with my meals eg salad cream etc...

Your help, as always, is appreciated.

Hi Potatogirl,

Well done on your losses so far, keep at it.

I'm not sure what other people do but i find it helpful to keep fresh fruit at work, i have a small fruit bowl, but this is not always practical for everyone. Depending on how long i am out, i take hard boiled eggs, Alpen light bars (2=HeB), Hi-fi bar (1=Heb), carrot sticks, usually that sort of thing, as i am less tempted to buy higher calorie snack bars when out and about, and i always carry a small bottle of water.

Good luck. :)

I always have something in my bag 'incase'. I have a selection from these: Alpen light bar (half a heb), fibre plus bar (heb), mini babybel lights (hea), apple, banana, packet of Ryvita minis (Heb), small pkt ham, piece of scan bran cake.

on a red or ee day i have mattessons southern fried chicken bites which are 3 syns and the roast chicken mighty bite by mattessons are only half a syn on a red or ee day

Thanks ladies as always for you're really useful advice. Think the Alpen bars and babybels may be worse a look.

In my bag, whereever I go, I bring a selection of fruit, water and an alpen light. If I'm going for more than 3 hours I bring a mini pack up of a salad of some description - pasta/ noodle/ meat. I can't be doing with getting really hungry!

Back