What happens at a WW meeting?

picklednut

Hi

What happens at a WW meeting? I usually just go to the weigh-in and then leave as I'm scared to go to the meeting in case the Leader is really patronising or makes everyone in the room say how much they have lost or gained. Is there lots of "happy clapping" (for those who have lost) and "sad face making" (for those who have gained). I've got this image its like an AA meeting when everyone confesses their sins etc.

That's an accurate description of an old-school WW meeting, and the younger the leader, the less likely you are to encounter this. My meeting is nothing like that. Although we cheer like crazy when someone hits a milestone, there's no confessing unless it's in the form of a request to brainstorm with the group. For example, one of the members was going on a cruise and asked for "survival tips". We strategize, support and reinforce each others' successes. What we DON'T do is share how much weight we lose each week, and when we hit goal, our leader does not allow us to state how long it took, because every person loses at a different rate. (The peanut gallery asks "How long did it take you", but that's just in fun!)

Try the meeting and see if you click. If not, we're always here for online support!

Back