What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

So Mike I saw the article in Jo`s magazine a few weeks back and was wondering when you would be releasing your cd.....??????????

Hi handsome,
I hope that you had a nice time out and about today and that your not too tired, bless you.
Hope the bad news you mentioned is alittle better,if thats possible.
Take care
Penny

Day 18 - Wet Lettuce!

Well we went for a "wander" in town but I was actually worse than I was on Monday when I went to the hospital, I had only taken paracetamol as trying to avoid brufen and tramadol etc and was very slow and generally a bit of a moanie git.

We went to Palmers for a cup of coffee which was nice and Jo bought 48 aerolattes for people to mix packs and we went back to the car and I felt like I had done the marathon again.

Anyway was good to get out as Jo is working the next three days so will be in by myself with little chance of getting any fresh air as the weather report is not good either.

Had a nice call this afternoon from one of my diet ladies who lost 13 odd stone and had her tummy tuck 10 days before me, she is still struggling a little and has very similar problems and experiences of the operation and the hospital so was nice to hear that she is finally seeing the wood for the trees.

Really will make an effort over the weekend to get some photos up! I have taken loads but can't seen to get my best side LMAO!

I am pleased you got out today, you done well. I bet the jounry across past the market to Palmers was great! I can't stand the place, I always think of old women, well thats what the fashion in there is geared up for!LOL! Although I don't mide thier cafe. Was it hard walking past the chips stalls? It does me in!

I went to Auberge (In castle Mall) at lunchtime, well, I will re phrase that! I was dragged by my hair! I sat with 4 other women eating pasta, steak sandwhichs and chips, and all I had was a black filter coffee! I am so proud of myself! Just think tha night I was on the phone to you moaning that I could not do this anymore, well, now I am back on track! And with the stress of the wedding coming up! I am so pleased I have you and Jo to turn to!

I hear you have been on the box again! Golden balls? I am not asking if you have...... I meant the programme? You should release a greatest hits DVD with all of your telly appearences on! PMSL!

Good on you! I hope you have a fab weekend! I will be round 6 on Sunday

Take care, all our love x

PS, April17th, so will defo have to meet up for a day at a park, even dinner fi you are up for it! x

Hey Mike, Just catching up from the house of lurgs!!!!!!! MIL and FIL sends much love and hopes you get out and about soon.
My heamatoma went of its own accord, so sounds like yours is doing the same, what a nightmare for you.

Hope the numbness is sorting itself out, it took months for mine to get where it is now, just a few numb patches after surgery so dont fret too much, its only 2 weeks ago x

Day 19 - My god it's Day 19 already!!

Seems like 5 minutes ago I was being knocked out in hospital but is now 2 and a half weeks ago. I am definately getting better but by god it is a slow process, the swelling tightness all over isn't as painful as it was but that is being replaced with an uncomfortable tenderness that I can't really explain. Around my pubic line is really uncomfortable and so tender that if I touch it it is actually very very painful.

I weighed myself this morning and a few pounds less than when I went into hospital (thanks to less skin!!) which is good as I am acutely aware I must be burning 10 calories a day at the moment on the XBox with my thumb work so eating very healthy to make sure I don't suddenly put half a stone on, also when I do eat a big plate of food it is uncomfortable so I tend to eat small anyway.

Mum is picking me up in a bit to take me to Tesco for breakfast, all part of the getting active thing and also really missing being part of the human race as I feel like a hermit here!!

Have a good weekend all!

P.S. Even though it is starting to hurt less I still would never have had this done if I had known how much it was going to hurt and I don't think time will change that (he says knowing in six months he'll be telling people to get them done!)

Last edited:
Wow, what a riveting thread!!!

Thank you so much for writing about your experiences. You have changed my mind about TT, not that I was thinking of having it!

My tummy is still a little big even after reaching my goal weight but I am not crying over it - after all, I had a baby 2 and half years ago and proud of it too! I just signed up with a brand new leisure centre, so hopefully, it will bring good results!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, you certainly have gone through ALOT!!

I reckon you'll begin to get up & about much more rapidly from now on Mike.

Bless your heart! You enjoy that breakfast! I know it's painful, but you will be so pleased you had it done x

Day 20 - All dog earred!

Well Asda yesterday in the end was a bit of a disaster, I didn't take any proper pain relief and really struggled to even walk around the first aisle without leaning against things. I ended up lasting 20 minutes and Mum brought me home and I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon and missing the Wimbledon final so was a little gutted.

Anyway saying that I am getting better!! The swelling is going down at the sides which is good but the bit in the middle is still like concrete.

The "dog ears" which they talk about are appearing as the swelling at the edges go down, they are like little lumps on the edge of the scar either side and are incredibly tender, I had boxer shorts on yesterday when I went to ASDA that were right over them and that was part of the problem as boy did it hurt, it is also the reason I am going to be off work for a few more weeks as I just can't get dressed and apparently going to work in pyjamas is frowned upon in the NHS.

Right positivity is coming back, got some big plans and big changes to make in my life in the next few months (outside of Cambridge) and need to be fit and well to do them so going to be very optimistic this week as opposed to the grumpy old patient.

Hiya Mike,
Sounds like hell this tummy tuck business i will warn Jo !

It has put me right off thats for sure hope you start feeling on the up soon and can get back into your kecks !

How's things going you still moving ?
We have just sold our house and were moving to Bradwell had an offer accepted last week so could be on the move in 4 weeks (OMFG) !

My urge to SS is becoming stronger but if your on the move i may have to go elsewhere .

Anyhoo hope your having a good day take care Jules X

P.S I have e-mailed Haylee lots but no response hope she's ok have you heard from her ? If you have tell her i said Hi x

Hiya m8!!

The move is not happening I am afraid!! About 45 properties all gone up, all the same, all in this estate so it's a buyers market and with interest rates soaring there are fewer and fewer buyers so we are still here, debating taking it off of the market now and doing an extension and maybe look to get a little holiday caravan up the coast so we can escape for a few weekends for some P&Q.

Not heard from Haylee for nearly a year now m8!! Was end of August 2006!!

Anyway glad to hear from you and you sound really upbeat which is good :)

Mike

Hi Mike,

Bet you didn't know shopping was so exhausting!! Anyway, reading your comments has really made me giggle, but you still haven't managed to put me off having it done, as I know everyone copes differently...! You will probably notice each day now you will be able to do more and more!

Keep the spirits up (and I don't mean the vodka) and get some P&Q sounds good.

Love

Hiya Mike,

Yeah feeling good, cant wait to move now got a bit to do to the house to get it right but i love a challenge . It will be a challenge too !

Escape up the coast of a weekend sounds nice especially if you have someone building an extension it will be a relief to get out of the house i would imagine.

I know what you mean about a flooded market we were inundated with propertys to look at !

Hope your back on form soon .
Take Care Jules x

I also wanted to ask you a cambridge question cambridge advise people who have an initial adverse reaction to the minerals in cd shakes (as i do) that they can take a supplement from the health food shop 1 was fybogel the other was ??? cant find it again on there website but thats where i saw it dont suppose you know ?
Sorry i know its not the right thread to ask but would love to know. like i said i'm feeling that i am ready for a big change ! x

Back