What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Glad you're feeling 'relieved Mike and here's to your continued and speedy recovery xx

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone!! My god these cycling shorts are hot!! Got a major fan on me to keep cool but these things are like bacofoil!!!

Night night all...

Day 24 - Hot pants and not in a good way....

Well I couldn't sleep with the lava pants on, even with the air con on in the bedroom I still felt like I was laying on some hot coals so have decided to wear the pants in the day and boxers at night otherwise I won't sleep. Jo said that sports world also did some really thick neoprene support shorts but have assured her that they should be renamed torture pants and never sold in UK shops.

Tummy wise it still looks the same size it did before I had the needle put in BUT it is definately not feeling as tight, I am taking my arnica all the time and hoping that the pressure against it will help with the swelling and so we shall see what the next couple of days brings.

Number 2's are finally working absolutely fine again (too much info I know but I tend to tell it how it is!) and my core strength is definately coming back and I am finding it easier to sit forward etc.

My back still aches from stooping over and however much I try and straighten out I look like a little old man when I walk but that will come with time, I think part of it is that I am so aware of the tenderness that I over compensate for it.

Got the guys from work coming round tonight for a heavy XBox, lager and kebab night so something to look forward to (have been excited about it for a week!) as will be nice to be with humans again as I have spent a lot of time on my own recently and I do tend to dwell too much on the past when I do that.

Last edited:
Aw Mike, your recovery just sounds so painful!

I hope you enjoy your kebab and beer night tonight, be good to get your mind off things for a while :)

NLP --> Neuro-Linguistic Programming, a therapeutic process which enables you to break old patterns and generate unlimited potential using posture, breathing, specific exercises, awareness and communication skills.[/quote]

Lets hope they get this sorted quickly and painlessly for you. Ops are bad enough without complications.:hug99::patback:
It can seem a long path of one step foreward & another one either back or staggered sideways, can't it. I suspect that with the amount of loose skin removed that some niggles/early readjustments were inevitable. Not speaking with any direct knowledge here, just a feeling I get.
Any way if you've got thus far without the wound breaking down or becoming infected then at least you can begin to relax on that score.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone!! My god these cycling shorts are hot!! Got a major fan on me to keep cool but these things are like bacofoil!!!

Night night all...
Just a thought Mike, & I'm sure the shorts weren't cheap, but the main compression effect required is around your abdo from say just above the pubic bone to the top of the shorts. What is to stop you, or the gentle hand of Jo, taking a pair os scissors & improving the ventilation in the under carriage by cutting out part or all of the gusset/crutch? I'm told these are reinforced to protect 'sensitive bits' from the saddle, well wouldn't your SB's prefer a bit of fresh air?

The NLP sounds interesting. You do it all by Distance learning do you? Does it come under the broad heading of CBT? Where was it devised? Have you had any personal experience of it?

Hope you begin to feel a lot better soon. If the blood was old then the collection must have been in there for some time but only become apparent recently

Hiya

Thanks for the advice, I will see if we can adapt things but won't be posting the results lol

The NLP is classroom based to going to be going down to Chesham but got a lot of audio to listen to and course work to do before the course as they expect you to know all the terminology etc before you go which is good as that allows you to practice in the classroom and not be taught to.

Mike

Hope you have a fab time tonight hun....you deserve some normality and fun.......and to let your hair down, ok forget that part...lol.

LMAO!! Just shaved my head actually as it was getting "fluffy"

M.

That's it Mike, get yourself pretty for your mates tonight!

Love

LMAO!! I did think that!! And I had a shave, not sure they would appreciate the crotchless support pants though!!! I think I might put PJ's on over them!!

M.

Just seen one of Jo's customers at the door (you know who you are lol) and they said I had put them off of a tummy tuck. I certainly didn't start this thread to put anyone of the surgery but I did want to do a real "what happened to me" thread, if you are thinking of having the surgery then please don't let me put you off but please ask your consultant a lot more questions about the pain, recovery and complications as I didn't ask enough and forearmed is forewarned etc.

I may well in six months be posting that I am so glad that I had this done and I know that time heals pain and the results will be permanent so please don't not have the operation because a little old wimp like me says it hurts a lot!!!

LMAO!! I did think that!! And I had a shave, not sure they would appreciate the crotchless support pants though!!! I think I might put PJ's on over them!!

M.

WOOOHOOOO Mike way to go......if you get tiddly we want to see pics....lol.

Just seen one of Jo's customers at the door (you know who you are lol) and they said I had put them off of a tummy tuck. I certainly didn't start this thread to put anyone of the surgery but I did want to do a real "what happened to me" thread, if you are thinking of having the surgery then please don't let me put you off but please ask your consultant a lot more questions about the pain, recovery and complications as I didn't ask enough and forearmed is forewarned etc.

I may well in six months be posting that I am so glad that I had this done and I know that time heals pain and the results will be permanent so please don't not have the operation because a little old wimp like me says it hurts a lot!!!

This has certainly not put me off surgery, as I will be having a huge hernia repair this will be done at the same time, 2 for the price of 1 so to speak. I prefer to hear all the details and honesty, it puts you in the right frame of mind so know roughly know what to expect.

WOOOHOOOO Mike way to go......if you get tiddly we want to see pics....lol.

What do you want photo's of Sonkie!! his crotchless pants!!

Might be best putting something on over them Mike!! At least it will be easy access for the toilet!! he he he! - now you know what it feels like to wear crotchless panties!!... he he he!!

Sorry feeling a bit wicked today, think I'm getting nervous for my surgery on Monday!

Love

lol I won't be drunk, saying that since finishing SS if I have a sniff or alcohol I am p'd in 2 minutes.

M.

Back