What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Hi Ya Mike

OMG what a thread

I am rivetted to your tummy tuck stories

Hope you feel little bit better each and every day, I have noticed you seem alot brighter when you have slept well !!

Good luck with all the changes you have planned and with your road to complete fitness

Ooh Mike, I wince every time I read an update :eek:

Keep taking the pain killers :eek:

I'd love a tummy tuck, hasn't put me off, I'd like a whole body lift actually :giggle: Not much point though as I'd like another little un. Guess I'll have to put up with the wobble :eek:

Day 21 - Slept on my side but regretting it now!

Well I managed to sleep on my side last night for the first time which is a revelation, it was painful to get on my side but once there I felt really good and went straight to sleep, just woke up though and the dog ear on my left hand side where I have laid is absolutely killing, just thrown a lot of painkillers down my throat and attempting to make Ethan breakfast very slowly while they kick in.

Going to try and get an appointment at the doctors this morning as well as got this permanent feeling like I have been kicked somewhere and I am sure that should have gone by now.

On a more positive note it is the start a new week! I don't have to lie in bed watching Sue Barker talk about how bad the weather is so I am going to do some paperwork today and generally be a little more mentally active.

Just got to get this bloody stinging pain in my left side to stop first so I can concentrate.

I know you're still stiff & stinging but it sounds much better than last week. staminais up even if flexibility isn't.
Stick in there old fella.
What happens to 'dog ears'? do they straighten themselves out or do they get trimmed off at a later date?

PS I remember the not being able to lie on my side thing. Like another correspondent on this thread said, it was after I had my first Caesar. It was an emergency one after a disastrous labour & for about 3 weeks I couldn't roll onto my side without it feeling like I was being ripped apart & so I slept on my back & woke up stiff as a aboard every morning.
I had a further 3 elective Caesars & the problem never recurred but that is no consolation to you as pregnancy is probably not high on your list of ambitions.

PPS.Just remembered that none of this stopped me driving. Luckily no-one told me not to so I was back at the wheel in under a week. On the other hand this also has no relevance to you or your op...just rambling now sorry.

lol, thanks.

Apparently the dog ears can go down by themselves and can be more prominent in some than others anyway, I can't yet see how bad they will be as although they are visible the swelling is still large so they can only get worse yet, anyway you can have them removed under day surgery in the future but to I ain't going near any hospital ever again!! (until I go back to work in a few weeks lol).

You only get dog ears if they don't go round the back which they haven't with me as the hospital doesn't do that operation, if they go right round then you don't get them but the operation is much harder as they have to rotate you during the operation and also the recovery time is even more (if that is actually possible!)

Hello Icemoose,
Would just like to say I think you are an amazing inspiration to many of us.
I do hope that you feel better soon and back on your feet, to say the least it must be the most frustrating for you, not beiong able to get on and do what you want.
Your truthfullness about the TT has made me see that even when my weight has gone (long time to go) I dont think I will be taking my gp up on his offer of a TT on the nhs lol.
Thankyou for your postings they are addictive to read.
All the very best xxx

Day 21 - Slept on my side but regretting it now!

Well I managed to sleep on my side last night for the first time which is a revelation, it was painful to get on my side but once there I felt really good and went straight to sleep, just woke up though and the dog ear on my left hand side where I have laid is absolutely killing, just thrown a lot of painkillers down my throat and attempting to make Ethan breakfast very slowly while they kick in.

Going to try and get an appointment at the doctors this morning as well as got this permanent feeling like I have been kicked somewhere and I am sure that should have gone by now.

On a more positive note it is the start a new week! I don't have to lie in bed watching Sue Barker talk about how bad the weather is so I am going to do some paperwork today and generally be a little more mentally active.

Just got to get this bloody stinging pain in my left side to stop first so I can concentrate.

mike I'm sure that jumpin around on a pogo is not helpin.............

nice to hear that you are getting better step by step hope you have a good day and your dog ears dont sting too much matey

Hi MIke, I'm so pleased to read that things are improving, excellent news, only thing is, I have to spend the rest of the day trying to concentrate, and i cant, the vision of you going into work in your PJ's is just too exciting, whats wrong with the NHS, I sure it would brighten up alot of the patients day, I know it has mine.
Ao is it still too early to say you don't regret the surgery?

Hi Mike

Hope you feeling ok today and recovering slowly but surely

I have trouble sleeping on my back and wake up in terrible pain due to my RA. Tip of the day:~

Try putting a cushion or two under your knees,this takes the pressure of your back and you wake up feeling human again not like a robot

I love your honesty about your TT, I am a big fat coward so won't go down that route. To be realistic, I am now 50 and as I have been overweight for a long long time, I cant really expect to look like Kate Moss. Trinny and Suzannah pants for me then !!!!!

Hiya!!!

Glad to hearyou are feeling better!!!! It will all be downhill from here and you will soon be back to your normal self i am sure :)

Hope you don't mind me asking...don't answer if you find it rude...did you have the TT on the nhs or private? If private is it very expensive?

I look forward to reading the rest of your diary and hope you continue to improve!!!

Hiya and thanks.

No I had it done on the good old NHS I am pleased to say, the consultant and my GP were brilliant and the consultant said that because I had a normal BMI and the GP confirmed I had held that BMI for over a year that he was happy to do it on the NHS, also I did have a lot of loose skin!! I still get people saying that it didn't show but believe me 9 pounds of loose skin is a loooot of loose skin.

M.

Thankyou for replying!!!!

Wow that was quick lol lol

Thats good hopefully we shall have a chance at that too...i have to lose about 11 stone so loose skin is something i worry about... andy says to say hi lol lol he does not want you to feel out numbered by women lol lol i told him that you had no choice on here!!!!!

Day 21 - Now I am p'd off

My tummy has been really sore this afternoon but haven't been going on about it as I hate constantly moaning!! Anyway Jo just came in and I said it was hurting to we took a look, got a large lump appeared right above my pubic line and under my belly button in the numb bit. About the size of a large fist you can feel round it and is clearly full of fluid and is really really uncomfortable, Jo says it is going to need draining urgently as it seems to be filling up fast so going to see what it is like later tonight and either go to A&E or wait and get to the GP as an emergency in the morning.

All my positivity has now gone down the drain in one swoop, should never have had this bloody thing done, and now worried sick they will put a drain back in as that really hurt.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

so sorry!!!

I am sure it will be sorted out soon and you will be back to your positive self soon!!!

Be carefulll and don't leave it too long to go to the hospital ...the sooner you see someone hopefully the less they will have to do!!!

Good luck i will be thinking of you!!!!!

Oh Mike, I'm sorry you're going through the wars. I can truly empathise with you as I went through much the same when I had my surgery (breast reduction).

I almost screamed when they took the drains out, and I had problems for over a year after surgery as my body rejected the internal stitches (they didn't dissolve and caused huge abscesses)

Have to say that now I'm nearly 2 years on I'm happy I had it done, but I would think twice about the pain side. Hence not opting for the TT.

I know I've got a low pain threshold as I had spinal fusion in March 2000 and boy, did that hurt. I had a haematoma from that, so know exactly what you're going through. I'm wincing on your behalf!

Oh, and as for the dog-ears - no big deal at all. I had one removed after the reduction on my left side (as well as 5 more internal stitches) and that didn't hurt at all. The stitches bloody well did though!

Hope the recovery quickens for you Mike.

Oh no!
just as things were starting to settle.
Have you seen the gp? /been to A&E?
What was it? Has it hatched?
hope yuo gat agood nights sleep & alli s sorted by the time I come back on line.

Day 21 - Now I am p'd off

My tummy has been really sore this afternoon but haven't been going on about it as I hate constantly moaning!! Anyway Jo just came in and I said it was hurting to we took a look, got a large lump appeared right above my pubic line and under my belly button in the numb bit. About the size of a large fist you can feel round it and is clearly full of fluid and is really really uncomfortable, Jo says it is going to need draining urgently as it seems to be filling up fast so going to see what it is like later tonight and either go to A&E or wait and get to the GP as an emergency in the morning.

All my positivity has now gone down the drain in one swoop, should never have had this bloody thing done, and now worried sick they will put a drain back in as that really hurt.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sending :grouphugg:big hugs!

Fingers crossed you will get this sorted soon.

Love Mini xxx

fetch.dll

Day 22 - Got to get doctor to refer me apparently.

Not a good nights sleep as feel like I have a 2nd heart in the middle of my stomach as it is throbbing so much. Have got to get an emergency appointment at the GP this morning and then he/she can phone the N&N and get me back onto the plastics ward where they can drain it apparently, my local hospital (the one I work in!) looks like they won't do it and going to A&E won't help as they will refer me back to the plastic surgeons at the hospital in Norwich.

So going to desperately try and get an appointment at 8:50am when the surgery phone lines open, problem is they have this silly arse thing of if you don't get through by about 9am then you have to go at 6pm tonight and just wait to be seen which then will mean I don't get into the N&N until tomorrow.

All in all not a happy chappy and to top it all I have a headache to end all headaches this morning.

(I will try and be more positive in the future I promise!)

Mike if I were you I'd be waiting at the door for when the doctors open and tell them it's an emergency you must be seen!

Back