What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

At least your cheap to take on a night out then Mike.

Just been catching up on your latest news and omg you are going through it, I hope things settle down and you are feeling great soon.
I don`t think this thread is frightening, I think you just tell it like it is and probably answer some questions people may not want/think to ask.

When I had my c section there was no time to ask and I am the kind of person who wants every detail ( knowledge is power) lol

I think its very helpful that you have done this and is good to look back on. Hope in a few months you can laugh at it all.
Keep well :grouphugg:and cool

I don`t think this thread is frightening, I think you just tell it like it is and probably answer some questions people may not want/think to ask.
I agree Sassy.
When I had my c section there was no time to ask and I am the kind of person who wants every detail ( knowledge is power) lol
Hmm .well there part of me agrees, & part of me thinks knowledge creates anxiety.. When there's no time to ask, no option but to agree, & hope that fate & modern medicine can work it out between them, I'd rather have a reassuring avuncular surgeon than a lengthy discourse on risk assesment. Anywway, not really relevant here as Mike, luckily didn't have a 'crash-Tummy tuck' :p
I think its very helpful that you have done this and is good to look back on. Hope in a few months you can laugh at it all.
I agree again
Keep well :grouphugg:and cool

Sorry Mike,should have realised all the crotchless-pantie jokes that would follow my suggestion this morning. Twitty me i had my earnest head on & completely overlooked it!

You havent said whether any alterations have been tried yet, nor if being air-cooled has afforded any relief.

All I was saying was for me I have a need to know, and as I was a nine hour drive away from family and my hubby was away at the time it would have been nicer for me to be armed with all the information and been able to plan. The anxiety for me was thinking I was gonna be all on my own.

My family had to come and help me as I couldn`t drive or even pick up my baby for the first few days so it would have been nice to know a c section was a poss and to know all it entailed.

As for it being irrelevant, I know its not a tt but its just my opinion. And I would like all the facts before making such a big decision about tt !

All I was saying was for me I have a need to know, and as I was a nine hour drive away from family and my hubby was away at the time it would have been nicer for me to be armed with all the information and been able to plan. The anxiety for me was thinking I was gonna be all on my own.

My family had to come and help me as I couldn`t drive or even pick up my baby for the first few days so it would have been nice to know a c section was a poss and to know all it entailed.

As for it being irrelevant, I know its not a tt but its just my opinion. And I would like all the facts before making such a big decision about tt !

Oh Sassy,I'm so sorry,you misunderstood me, I didn't mean you or your comments were irrelevant. They were brief, heartfelt & perfecly germaine. What I meant was that my longer post about information which pondered the opposite view ) & which was supposed to be light hearted, & in no way a serious disagreement with what you had said) was irrelevant.
I apologise for not making this clear. I was merely thinking/drivveling out loud & never dreamt of causing offence.

HELLO!! The boys have just gone and I need to go to bed!! Too much champagne and not enough Cambridge bars to soak them up.

Love you all!!

Mike

Champagne eh Mike, did that help numb the pain lol

:( Ok officially feel really rough this morning, all self inflicted so not going to complain about it, we ran out of beer at about 11pm and found three bottles of champagne so drank them, seriously stonking headache.

Anyway was lovely to meet human beings again and made me forget about my tummy for a while (apart from when I tried to get up to go to bed and really struggled as I couldn't walk straight and it hurt)

Coffee time this morning and don't shout too loud please....

Hee Hee Hee...go on you good thing....you need to have one of those nights once in a while....

So what games did ya play on the XBox(my 4 year old is quite the Crackdown player....)

mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWS YOUR HEAD ?????????

SSSSHHHHH morning mike, are you xbox championy then,
Glad you had a good night !!!

Hope the head feels better soon, lots of coffee on the menu?

Did you tell your mates about your crotchless panties? and did you show them your scar?

Champagne hey, you haven't mentioned the food, what was that like?

Love

I was the Xbox champion!! We were playing 2 versus 2 on Pro Evo Soccer and it was a real giggle, I did end up showing my scar as alcohol and inhibitions tend not to mix too well!! Was just pleased I didn't come online this morning to find a few photo's I took!!

You show us yours and we`ll show you ??? Oh never mind :D:D:D

Just seen one of Jo's customers at the door (you know who you are lol) and they said I had put them off of a tummy tuck. I certainly didn't start this thread to put anyone of the surgery but I did want to do a real "what happened to me" thread, if you are thinking of having the surgery then please don't let me put you off but please ask your consultant a lot more questions about the pain, recovery and complications as I didn't ask enough and forearmed is forewarned etc.

I may well in six months be posting that I am so glad that I had this done and I know that time heals pain and the results will be permanent so please don't not have the operation because a little old wimp like me says it hurts a lot!!!

Hi Mike just thought I would tell you about my Daughter she had a Tummy Tuck on the 15th May she was in Hospital for a week then had 2 weeks off before returning to work. She had to wear a girdle for 6 weeks (the hospital provided it) they said to keep swelling down and to support her. Those first few weeks were hell she said she wished she never had it done she thought she would never stand up straight again and she was in a lot of pain let alone wear normal clothes. The only good thing was the hospital made her dressings water proof so she could shower without getting the dressings wet. Anyway the point of this post is to let you know last week the girdle came off she got into her skinny jeans and is pretty much back to normal. She thinks the TT is the best and can't stop looking at herself from the side in the mirror. The only thing she can't do is sleep on her stomach. I'm sure you will look back on this and like her think it's the best thing ever. I had a TT 20 years ago and still think it was worth every bit of pain even though I have put a bit of weight on my tummy is still nice.
Hope you feel better soon.

Love Brenda

Thanks for that Brenda :)

I wonder if part of my problem was the lack of support up to now as no one at the hospital ever mentioned it!! Anyway am in my girdle as we speak so hopefully the swelling will stay down!!

Mike

Mrs Depp, I think you have a bit of a thing for mr icemoose. Very flirty lady!!!

Back