What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Agree with that sonya. there's something wierd & creepy about those abs. Not a good look!

hope mikes head is better today. Are we allowed to stop whispering yet?

Day Something Or Other - Been offline!

Apologies as not been on for a couple of days as my computer at home has blown up (well burnt out actually!) so waiting on Dell to come out some time this week and fix it.

So on my laptop for now which is cool but hard to type fast on.

Anyway we had friends up the weekend and went down the seafront for a gentle walk, I really struggled and had to keep stopping but glad I did it and felt "normal again".

Jo was working on Saturday morning though and one of the neighbours gave me a lift to Tesco to get some fresh air and also some bits, anyway when I got there I pushed round a little trolley and got some bits, this included 2 bottles of wine for that night. I got to the till but my neighbour went off to get more and hence I had packed my bags and then had to carry them, my god did it hurt!! It really pulled and I felt like my middle was going to rip open, I ended up sitting outside the shop on the pavement as it hurt so much.

So start of a new week!! Hoping that this is the week that I can put normal clothes on again, I tried on a pair of work trousers last night but the swelling under my belly button where the fluid build up is, is still too big to fit them on and unfortunately the end of the scar are on the belt line and they are so tender so going to be a while yet before I can wear jeans.

Well Mike you're making good progress so far aren't you? Take it slow and steady and you'll get better quicker, do too much too soon and you could do some damage.

You probably already know this, but being a man, haven't taken any notice! lol :D:D

I only just read this thread. Thanks very much for posting your story it's very interesting to read about it from someone who has been through a TT.

Hope the rest of your recovery is quick and you are fighting fit soon :)

Day 765 - Will I ever return to normal life....

Well actually not doing too bad this morning, I am in a very proactive mood so been typing letters to people, shredding receipts and generally getting a bit busier with myself so that is good.

I am also pleased to say that I am 80% sure the "lump" under my belly button is starting to go down a bit, the drain sites and dog ears are still super tender but my overall shape is coming back.

I did notice last night that I now can see the grooves in my legs, that is the bit at the top where your leg joinds your body and goes into your groin, it was always there but covered by loose skin but now it is visible all the time, funny as the skin is very very white and almost infant like because it has been under loose skin and protected I suppose!! WEIRD!!

I tried my work trousers on again last night and although they won't do up fully because of the swelling I reckon in a week or so they will so that is good.

Been on the scales this morning and even though I have sat about and not done anything I am still at normal weight which is good and shows that I have not been doing the sofa munchies!

Apart from that not much to tell!! Going to have a bath today and start the bio oil as the scar is healed enough I think that it is time to get the bio oil doing it's magic.

Morning Mike, you definitely seem much more upbeat today! :D It's great to see that the results are starting to show too.

I have that same bit of babylike flesh underneath my tummy too, very smooth and pale, due to my 2 cesarians and floppy loose skin.:eek::eek:

Wow how fantastic is that......! I know what you mean about the top of your thighs though.....I have not seen mine for 15 years or so.

I even had a compliment today too, so that was good

Day 74 In The Big Boring House

Not too bad this morning, had a full nights sleep and usually do now so that is good, can now sleep on my side, it is painful to get there but once there it is ok and I fall asleep quickly enough.

The swelling at the front is going down but the tightness is building up and there is a pocket of fluid still there so going to call the hospital later and see if they can fit me in for a javelin session to relieve the pressure.

The edges of the scar are so tender still though ! I put on an oversized pair of jean shorts yesterday and thought that they were comfy but after 20 minutes or so the edges of the scar become very uncomfortable, I am kind of thinking though it is just something I need to get used to as I can't keep wearing pyjamas for the rest of my life.

In terms of getting back to work I need to!! Now been off for 4 weeks and very aware that I need to be making moves, I am planning on going back to work in 2 weeks time (the 6th August) and will be focussing on that date and hopefully my body will kick into gear and get much stronger and allow me to do that, it means I will have had 6 weeks off of work which the consultant said 4 to 8 weeks so means I am an average person!!

Hi there, glad you're feeling stronger. Have you tried putting a dry dressing over your wound before you get dressed? Some gauze and a bit of surgical tape, maybe. Might make things more comfortable until the wound becomes less sensitive. :)

it means I will have had 6 weeks off of work which the consultant said 4 to 8 weeks so means I am an average person!!

Have to disagree with you there Mike, you're way above average mate :)

x

Houston we have a problem!!

Been more active today and popped into work but I now have a problem, have felt more and more during the day like my belt was being tightened and tightened and then at 3pm had a look, the haematoma I have had drained has filled right back up and feels like it has it's own heart.

Anyway got to now go back to the hospital and have it drained yet again on Friday morning, also have a very sharp bit come up on the left edge of the scar which they want to look at is if I touch it I scream as it is more than tender.

So now sitting on the sofa, can't wear any support pants as just so uncomfortable so have put back on the pyjamas and feel like I am going backwards not forwards!!

Should never have had this done..... :-(

Houston we have a problem!!

Been more active today and popped into work but I now have a problem, have felt more and more during the day like my belt was being tightened and tightened and then at 3pm had a look, the haematoma I have had drained has filled right back up and feels like it has it's own heart.

Anyway got to now go back to the hospital and have it drained yet again on Friday morning, also have a very sharp bit come up on the left edge of the scar which they want to look at is if I touch it I scream as it is more than tender.

So now sitting on the sofa, can't wear any support pants as just so uncomfortable so have put back on the pyjamas and feel like I am going backwards not forwards!!

Should never have had this done..... :-(

Awwwww Mike what a pain......Best get back to the sofa and the internet to finish your shopping ......!

oh dear mike,
wish i had some words of wisdom for you but cant think of anything helpful so i will just have to wish you well soon .
I know on the tuckthattummy.com forum they mostly agree that continous compression on the scar stops the swellings so advise to not go without your pants they seem to have less problems than your having so it may be sound advice .
Just a thought !
Take care Julie xxx

I know you say you sometimes regret having your TT Mike, but I think (and hope) that you'll change your mind before too long.

Just a thought, but why not try listing all the positive things that will come from having it done against all the negative ones?

You definitely haven't put me off wanting one though. Even the fact that I got septacemia and nearly died from my last cesarian hasn't put me off wanting it. Whether my GP would allow me to have it done is another matter though.

Back