What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Well another week has flown by as I sit here looking out the window at the rest of the world....

Sorry to be boring but it still hurts!! The middle of my tummy between my belly button and pubic line is still rock hard, swollen, tight and very tender and the two edges of the scar are also very very tender to touch, I have to say the other bits of the scar actually look really good and are healing well without too much redness.

I have enrolled on a couple of courses as decided that I need a change of direction in my career, I am studying to be an NLP master practioner and also incorporating hypnotherapy and time line therapy into this so I can really start to help others change their lives along with losing weight, over the next few weeks I have absolutely loads of studying to do so will be on the computer a lot but maybe a little quieter on Minimins than I have been to date. I have also enrolled in some other courses to reinforce this study so looking forward to that, I have also finally actually started to write a book, I have finished the first chapter but I keep rewriting that and not doing the second one, it is funny that this is a public forum and yet I put everything I do and know but somehow in a book I was being more jaded but the last revision of chapter one was more like the old me!

So this week will be studying so far too busy to worry about a painful tummy !!

Still planning on getting back to week at the start of August and had a good chat with my boss and agreed that I can go back in tracksuits if needed and also maybe do half days for a while or at least be able to wander about more than I normally do as I can't sit for 8 hours without going rigid!

Anyway have a good week all.

Hi MIke

You are doing grand and its lovely to hear from you and read your lovely posts, writing a book seems a fab idea as you are indeed very "wordy"

Hope you studying goes well and detracts you from your pain levels ~ keeping busy certainly helps my pain levels on a day to day basis and keeping busy also stops me from feeling sorry for myself and grumpy

Your post has certainly opened my eyes to just what you can go through when you have a TT. I always thought TT - piece of cake !!!!! Not that everyone experiences the same as you ~ some better, some worse ~ but its great to read an honest account of what should happen as opposed to what in reality does happen.

I wish you well I and hope each and every day you improve and cross another little post surgery bridge !!!

Luv Luv

Go into work!
It'll be a tonic.
Even if you end up only staying an hour & doing s*d all actual work. It's what I call the 'giggling in corridors' phenomenon & it's the best pick-me-up known.

Spooky but I am going into work for a few hours tomorrow so looking forward to that (in a sad work sort of way!)

Anyway I wore jeans all day yesterday!! My god it hurt and was very tight but I can't wear pyjamas for ever so just dealt with it, we went to take the kids to see Shrek and I did undo the top button to release the pressure a bit and when I got home the "lump" was very very obvious but at least I did it.

150% planning on being back at work a week on Monday now so going to walk to Tesco later on (about a mile) and back just to get some lunch and make a real effort at being more mobile, I think I have to accept that this lump and discomfort is going to be with me for a few months yet and hence I can't stay in bed till Christmas (the TV is too crap!)

:grouphugg:Just sending you hugs,hope your feeling better soon. You sound more positive.

Hi Mike

Glad to hear you are still being positive with all these trials!

I thought I'd post a link to NZ blog I read. The woman who writes it had a tummy tuck after losing a lot of weight. She wrote a post about it on March 28 2007 (I think - definitely end of March though) and it was retrospective because she had it a few years ago. I just thought you might want to catch up with someone else's experience. Here it is:Diet Coke Rocks

Take care!

Hi Mike,
I thought this may make you chuckle!

Subject: IT vs Management

A man in a hot air balloon, realizing he was lost, reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended further and shouted to the lady
"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied,
"You're in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be in IT," said the balloonist.

"Actually I am," replied the woman, "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct but I've no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The woman below responded, "You must be in Management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my f***ing fault..."

LMAO! Excellent, have mailed that one to work....

Thanks

Mike

Gosh Mike, it hasn't been the easiest of times for you since I was last able to read your diary...

Keep on getting better, you seem to have progressed a lot in the last couple of weeks - just had a large share of setbacks along the way... Keep your chin up though!

hey sweetie, hope your doing well.
Please can you tell me where you get your aerolette,(wrong spelling) from, ta
penny.

hey sweetie, hope your doing well.
Please can you tell me where you get your aerolette,(wrong spelling) from, ta
penny.

You can get an official one from places like Lakelands although they usually do copies in places like Poundstretcher for a pound.

Look out for Typhoon ones as they are the ones I have for my customers as they are cheap but last for more than a week :)

Mike

Hi Mike,
I thought this may make you chuckle!

Subject: IT vs Management

A man in a hot air balloon, realizing he was lost, reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended further and shouted to the lady
"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied,
"You're in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You're between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be in IT," said the balloonist.

"Actually I am," replied the woman, "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct but I've no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help at all. If anything, you've delayed my trip."

The woman below responded, "You must be in Management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise, which you've no idea how to keep, and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my f***ing fault..."
Quite Brilliant thanks.

Well today is another day and all that!! Not feeling too bad, kind of in a rut now though in that it certainly is a hell of a lot better than it was but this "lump" isn't going anywhere fast so kind of getting used to it.

I am recording podcasts all day today so going to be in a very quiet room lol, hoping to get out to Tesco later on for a walk though and to get a tin of soup!!

Have a good day all!!

Ty so much for your reply. Hope you made it to tesco's, you know a persond changed when all they go to the supermarket for is a tin of soup, me I want cream cakes, lol. Reckon thats why you made goal and have maintained for so long, and I'm still fighting the fight,lol.
Take care my lovely.

Well had a word with the big boss man at work and now returning to work a week on Monday, have agreed that I will be wearing "loose fitting" clothes as I can't get my suit on without crying and he is happy with that, also said that I can do part days if required if I get tired out in the first week or two which is cool!

Not much change on the health front, still walking stooped which is making my back ache so going to see a physio to be tweaked a bit! problem is of course that the "lump" which is so tight I can't stand straight is still there and no exercise is going to solve that! Supposed to be doing the great north run in 8 weeks!!! Mmmmmmmm

Anyway got to test drive a new car tomorrow as I need to order it so first time trying to drive for 2 months, will be driving it round the car park at Sainsburys like I did when I was 17 :)

Mike

Glad you've got something to aim for with work Mike! I know I'm looking forard to going back to work next week, 4 months (for me) off work is very isolating and I bet you're looking forward to getting back to work!!

Maybe next year for the GNR?? Bet you're looking forward to running again, I know I've missed it like crazy!!!!

Ooooh!! Lovely....

Well feeling brighter this morning as we are off out to get my 10th anniversary present!

Jo is buying me a Gaggia coffee machine (one of the really professional looking snazzy ones!!) so off to Norwich for an hour to test them out and choose one. She was going to get me a chain but I already have a nice chain and nice rings from other events so decided that one of my favourite things is coffee (since I lost weight and don't eat cake anymore) and hence that would be a nice present and a Gaggia unit will last for many years.

I got Jo a nice necklace from Goldsmiths yesterday and also a few little nick nacks and we are going for a couples spa pamper day which should be good (I can't have reflexology as got a bloody veruca come back up!!)

Anyway body wise I am getting better slowly, this "lump" is still there and if I lift anything or turn suddenly then the feeling of ripping is umcomfortable. Also the feeling of being kicked down below is still there as a dull ache but is better than it was a few weeks ago. Numbness wise I am still numb from my belly button to the pubic line but some of the edge is coming back although I am still a little worried about the loss of feeling on the inside of my legs.

The actual scar line itself is incredibly good, there are a few little stitches that haven't disolved but no breakage or infection at all means that in a year or two the scar will look great.

I drove for the first time yesterday as I bought a new car (well company car) so had to test drive it, I only drove about the car park at the garage but really felt the weakness in my abdominal muscles when I broke, we have a bean abdominal exercising thing here which I am going to very very gently start to use as I need core strength as my back still hurts from the stooping.

So one more week before I return to the human race and back to work, going to spend the week recording more podcasts about the diet and also doing loads of my NLP training coursework as when I get back to work going to be busy so want to get ahead of my coursework so I am not panicking.

Have a good weekend all, summer is finally here.........

You sound really upbeat today and happy anniversary to you and Jo too. Enjoy yourselves and get high on coffee - yum.

Don't worry about the numbness, once the nerves settle down you'll find things go back to normal .... even if it does take months. Glad you're getting back to normality x

I think the numbness is from where they were pulling your skin taught and your nerves have been bruised and battered. Im sure over time they will return to normal.

Oooooo so you gonna make us all a coffee with your new machine ????

Back