What happens when you reach maintenance?

I need to pick your brains about what happens when you reach your goal weight. What exactly does maintenance mean and what does it entail?
I had planned to switch to Slimming World once I hit my target weight but I'm worried I wont be able to do green days after being on CD (I love green days as I am almost a veggie....or a part-time veggie, some might say ;) and prefer spuds and pasta any day over meat)
Any info would be brilliant!
x

Your counsellor will help you through the plans of gradually introducing all foods back into your diet, there are booklets that will explain things to you too I think x

hi :D when you get to BMI 25 you have to move up to the 810 plan then from there you can go all the way to goal or move up the steps whilst still loosing . It is really important that you move up the CD steps before you go onto SW I made that mistake and gained a whole stone in a matter or weeks ! The CD steps introduce carbs , and specific low GI carbs , very gradually and you will start on 1000 plan then 1200 , 1500 etc then you can think about your maintenence plan .
I think you may be able to do green days on SW but stick to low GI foods , like brown rie / pasta / bread , sweet potato instead of normal ... but i would say work up the plans then worry about that !!

hi :D when you get to BMI 25 you have to move up to the 810 plan then from there you can go all the way to goal or move up the steps whilst still loosing . It is really important that you move up the CD steps before you go onto SW I made that mistake and gained a whole stone in a matter or weeks ! The CD steps introduce carbs , and specific low GI carbs , very gradually and you will start on 1000 plan then 1200 , 1500 etc then you can think about your maintenence plan .
I think you may be able to do green days on SW but stick to low GI foods , like brown rie / pasta / bread , sweet potato instead of normal ... but i would say work up the plans then worry about that !!

Brill, thanks :) You should become a CDC!!! I have found out loads just by reading your posts! I'll definitely be sticking to CD and moving up the plans so fingers crossed I wont gain anything if I have low GI carbs on SW.

Your counsellor will help you through the plans of gradually introducing all foods back into your diet, there are booklets that will explain things to you too I think x

Thanks Eclipse. I have a weigh-in tomorrow so will ask my counsellor about the booklets

Back