What Have I Done

Jacey

Hiya

Im on day 14 of SS and on Friday Im ashamed to say I had a binge. Yesterday there wasnt any change to my weight so I continued to SS.

I weighed myself this morning and I have now gained 6lbs. On the Friday I had chicken, salad, 1 crusty roll and 2 slices of cheese and tom pizza followed by a few glasses of white wine ...................stupid I know!

What Im wanting to know is how long people think it will take me to lose this additional 6lbs - is it all fat or could most of it be mainly water??

Its really made me feel depressed this morning as ive been SS for 2 weeks now and have now only lost 3lbs - why oh why did I do it!

I doubt if it's fat ... bearing in mind that it takes 3500 cals to make up 1lb of fat, you'd have had to have consumed many, many thousands of cals to accumulate that much. I don't think your meal looked THAT cal heavy!

It's more likely to be your glycogen stores replenishing. I don't know how long it'll take to reverse it ... but I think only a matter of days. So keep up the water intake, draw a line under what's happened and just carry on.

Jacey
Don't beat yourself up, what's done is done at least you got straight back to ssing - well done for that.:D
It's probably fluid. I've been supposedly ssing since beginning Feb and had some lapses - we're all human but the weight loss fluctuates for some reason - some weeks i've lost 4 or 5 lbs then the next just a pound even when i've been really good !!
I find i just get a better loss the following week so stick with it, you will lose the weight.
Best thing is to just weight once a week and then you are less likely to be disheartened by normal fluctuations - although i know that is easier said than done - some days i've weighed myself three times in the hope of actually seeing the pounds melt off - doesn't quite work that way though :rolleyes:
Anyway, stick with it and best of luck, you'll be fine and before you know it the lbs will be falling away

Aww Thank you both - I feel better all ready - will stick with it and be extra good and hopefully reverse some of the damage I ve done x

Hi Jacey,

Don't feel bad we all have blips. I have had 4 huge blips this weekend, but have re-started today. You can do the same! Don't panic I'm sure that on your next weigh in with lots of water you can still have a good loss! It wasn't all bad what you ate REALLY, just think what you would have had before CD! x x

Back