What have we eaten today

LOL yes I did, Jo, at my worst I sounded like a fat man sitting on some bagpipes! It makes it hard to sleep and that makes you feel worse. Your antibiotics should do the trick.

Well I got drenched but have lots of fresh food in so the plan for tonight is Tesco cheese & tomato baguette thingy, some roasted sweet potato wedges and a warm salad made with chopped courgette, red pepper & red onion wedges, all drizzled with olive oil and roasted up until charred and then mixed in with a pile of baby spinach and rocket, finished off with parmesan shavings. 500 cals. I am so looking forward to this!

Your meal sounds so lovely and filling. Can you tell me what Tesco Baguettes they are, are they frozen?
Do you get away with just a drizzle of oil when you roast your veggies? I usually give a glug glug of extra virgin olive oil but that's when I'm not dieting.
I really need to research how many cals are in what...

B = 2 toast & marmalade 250
L = prawns, seafood sauce, salad 300
D = 2 lean bacon rashers, 1 dry fried egg, beans 400 (not too sure about this)
snack = grapes & cucumber 70
2 coffees at around 60 cals each :eek:

and plan on having some porridge tonight yummy

xx jo xx

he everyone.

B: Cereal bar, vitality yog drink
L: Banana, apple, satsuma
D: Chicken breast, baby new pots, cauliflower, carrots

Snacks: 4 crackers with low fat butter, satsuma, ww cake bar, skinny cow hot choc with little milk.

Hi guess *hangs head in shame*

Sort of decided to break the diet yesterday. Really fancied a day of just eating whatever I wanted, ended up getting a takeaway last night. It wasn't even very nice, but in a way I'm glad I did at, as there's no way I'll be craving that crap anymore!

Anyhow, onwards and upwards! Back on track today:

B: Porridge
L: Baked potato and beans with salad
D: WW tortelloni and tomato sauce with salad

Total for that is 814. Think I'll go for 1300 today. Not decided on snacks yet.

Lady A: I'm glad to see you back, hope your aunt gets well soon, and totally understand why you fell "off the wagon". It's good that you came back on, good luck x

Last edited:
Morning all,

Dont worry lou, we have all done it and like say you did not enjoy it so it really was a win win.

Yes Lady A. nice to have you back hope you are well?

Well I have started my day with

B Carrot and appl juice, 150

l. Chicken, veg & potato 500

D Tuna on wholemeal 400

1050 Will have some of my super juice later,

Yes Jo it was scary for me because it reminded me of my nan in her last stages of emphysema. I quit smoking not long afterwards.

Your meal sounds so lovely and filling. Can you tell me what Tesco Baguettes they are, are they frozen?
Do you get away with just a drizzle of oil when you roast your veggies? I usually give a glug glug of extra virgin olive oil but that's when I'm not dieting.
I really need to research how many cals are in what...

The cheese & tomato baguette things are in the frozen pizza section, I'll see if I can get an image link to work here:

5051008626322_200.jpg

They're quite small but you can fill the meal out with veggies.

I measured out a teaspoon of olive oil for my roast veggies but reckon I probably didn't even need that much, the veg I used seemed to sweat in its own natural juices quite nicely and didn't dry out at all. The oil just added some nice flavour and dressed the salad when it all mixed together. I completely forgot to add parmesan shavings but tbh it probably didn't need them. It was yummy!

Today will be:
b - poached eggs on toast, 290
sn - extra piece of toast, 75
l - WW soup & bread, 200
d - bangers & mash with peas & gravy, 410

That sounds so nice Lady M, I'll have to try that sometime.

Change of meals for me:

B: Porridge
S: 1 slice toast
L: WW tortelloni and sauce with Tesco Healthy Living Garlic bread
D: Roast chicken breast, little bit of gravy, baby new potatoes, green beans. Having a WW banoffee pie thing after, it's only 170 calories.

Fancied a bit of a swap around, and in the mood for a roast dinner. So total is now: 1161.

Well I had to make some changes to my planned food today, hubby cooked lunch so it was a little different.

B Carrot and appl juice, 150

l. Beef veg & potato 600

D Tuna on wholemeal 400

1150 Will have some of my super juice later,

have you all had a good day?

hey everyone, i have been a bit snack happy today, was up at 4am as did a car boot sale. so think cause i have been awake so long i have wanted to eat loads today.

How is everyone doing? how is everyone doing exercise wise? i am struggling to fit any in like proper exercise, i am going to make time though starting tomorrow, i am going to go for my usual 30-45 min walk with my daughter, then i am going to go for a swim in the evening.
I am also going to cut the low cal and ww crisps and choc out in the week, and limit it to weekends if i do have any, i have been finding that cause they are low cal i have been making that excuse to have them but i dont really need them.

My menu for today was

B: Oaty bar
L: 2 slices wholemeal toast with low fat butter
D: homemade oven baked fish and chips (this was soooo delicious, much better tasting than chip shop and only 620 cals mmmmmmm)
Snacks: 2 satsumas, plum, walkers baked crisps, bgty choc mouse, skinny cow hot choc

Hi everyone,

B. Beans on toast 500

L Fruit 200

D No sure yet 700

Have a lovely day

I am also going to cut the low cal and ww crisps and choc out in the week, and limit it to weekends if i do have any, i have been finding that cause they are low cal i have been making that excuse to have them but i dont really need them.

Ah that is so familiar to me, I need to do the same. I have just discovered cheese flavour Quavers are 87 cals a bag - eep! Keep them away from me!

b - oats so simple, WW toast 285
l - chicken salad roll with pesto mayo, side salad, yoghurt, apple & 50g strawberries - 420
d - baked cod, broccoli/cauliflower/cabbage, small baked potato with cottage cheese - 425
sn - 2 crisp breads with hoummous & cherry tomatoes - 125

I found this weekend that Oatso Simple now comes in cinnamon flavour. Omnomnom! :D

So yesterday was a cinnamon Oatso Simple for breakfast, a jacket potato with beans for lunch, and dinner was a pretty random concoction I whipped up containing... *deep breath*
Passata, cauliflower, leek, chipotle puree, chipotle tabasco, red wine vinegar, spiced white vinegar, chicken, tomato and garlic puree, onions, garlic, sweet & sour peppadews... and, well, a whole bunch of other stuff I can't remember. I estimated that came in at about 400 calories per serving :D

Hi all,
trust me to feel ill when I restart! All I had yesterday was chicken soup and 2 slice of toast...so def no more than 500 calories!

Back on track today, still feel queasy but got my litre bottle of water by my side sip-sip-sipping away :)

B - 1 boiled egg on granary toast (160 cals)
L - The rest of that chicken soup lol & a low fat yogurt (200 cal approx.)

Not a clue about dinner yet. I have an evening class 6-9 on Mondays so I always end up eating late and it results in a ready meal from Tesco!!

CrazyBrit - you random concoction must have def got you a few of your 5 a day anyway! haha

Hell yeah!

I need to start using vegetables other than cauliflower as a pasta-substitute. Any suggestions?

Courgette and/or aubergine cut into long thin strips tagliatelli-style. An old Atkins standby. I also used to pile a big dollop of bolognese sauce on top of a large open cup grilled mushroom or two, depending on size.

Hi all! So tired today, my little boy woke up at 5.30, argh! Think the time change has confused him a little. Then was out at college all day. Meals today:

B: Two slices of toast with a cheese slice.
S: Babybel light and a Tesco LC orange and choc bar
L: WW chicken soup, two slices bread, mixed fruit (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and grapes, mmmmm)
D: Will be two Tesco LC Cumberland sausages, mashed potato, beans

Had 1073 calories so far.

I hope hope hope I'll have lost something this week.

Hi everyone,

ooh i am having a rubbish time, ended up in hospital last night, dr's hoave put me on steroids for my chest, and changed my antibiotics,:sigh:

B. beans on toast

D. fruit

T. wet for a carvery, only had a small one.

hey everyone, i am having a real down day today, and i have gone over my limit of 1500.
heres what i have had.

B: 2 wholemeal toast with low fat butter.
L: Chicken salad
D: soup, 2 slices wholemeal bread, crackers with low fat butter
Supper: fish finger sandwich with tom ketchup (this is what put me over and it sooo wasnt worth it it tasted rank and i wont be having one again)
Snacks: plum, banana, satsuma, vitalit yog drink

177 over my limit, so i am going to have 200 less tomorrow, so my limit for tomorrow will be 1300, hopefully might balance it out, doesnt excuse it mind and i wont be doing it again, but i am glad it wasnt a full on full day binge, it means i am getting somewhere.

BOOOO @ life for making people poorly and sad. Hope you both feel better soon.

LunarJim's biccies must've been on my mind last night as I ended up having 2 of OH's Rich Teas with my cuppa. Took me to 1275 for the day after a few meal adjustments.

Today's plan:
b - sausage butty on WW bread, 50g strawberries - 305
l - chicken pesto mayo roll with salad, apple, strawberries, yoghurt - 405
d - quorn burger in bun with warm roasted vegetable salad and small baked potato with cottage cheese - 420
sn - 3 rice cakes with houmous, cottage cheese & cherry tomatoes - 165

Back