What have we eaten today

I'm going to have home made chilli and rice for dinner tonight, found it in the freezer earlier and needed to make room in there, so out it came. That's 387 calories.

Have fun pumpkin carving Jo!

I'm going out to a friend's tonight, just a film and probably a few nibbles, so I've left 500 cals to cover that.

Have a good Friday night everyone.

Breakfast: Porrige - 200

Lunch: Costa Tuna panini - 533 - eek!

Dinner: Cajun Chicken breast with salad - 250

Bread and butter - 150

Total; 1133

hey, hope everyone is ok?

B: Vitality yog drink, banana
L: Chicken salad
D: Wholewheat pasta with tomato and herb sauce

Snacks: apple, bgty soya and potatoe snack, ww cake bar, skinny cow hot choc

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Todays food,

B. Avacardo

L. mackeral on toast

D Chicken dinner

Load of fruit and veg, ltr's of water.
Just trying to eat well at the mo the Dr told me yesterday i have bloomin Pneumonia!

You're not having much luck at all Jo! Hope you get well soon x

Happy Halloween all! I got my son all dressed up in his costume, then we went into town for his first shoes, that was an experience! The little bugger kept curling his toes up.

So ended up having lunch out, which was a chicken mayo baguette, have guessed 600 cals for this. Decided that Saturday I will allow myself to go up to 1800 calories, as I think last week it helped to have one day at a higher calorie allowance.

B: Two slices toast with a laughing cow triangle, green tea
L: Chicken mayo baguette
D: Will be two Tesco LC Cumberland sausages, mashed potato, mashed turnip, carrots and green beans. (Bargainous 341 cals)

That all comes to 1131 calories. Plenty of room for snacks whilst watching the last night of Most Haunted Live (yep, I'm sad!).

You're not having much luck at all Jo! Hope you get well soon x

Thanks Lou,

I think i am over worst just need to rest and eat sensibly, i am upping my calories to 1800 til i am recovered, hopfully wont put any weight back on but will have a speedier recovery, still will post each day it helps to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Blimey, pneumonia. That sounds rough. Get well soon Jo.

b - golden syrup porridge & WW toast, 285
l - Costa mushroom & emmenthal flatbread, 391. Skinny cappucino, 58. Shapers onion rings, 61. Eeep, 510! Didn't feel like it...
d - WW chicken curry & rice, 307 and a Light Choices mini naan 150 with side salad 10. 467

1262 on main meals, will have to go easy on the snacks tonight.

oh jo, i really do hope you get better soon, your having such a rough ride, i think your idea to up your cals abit is good, will make for a quicker recovery and thats what you need hunni. take care xxx

i am not even going to right what i have eaten today, :break_diet: i started out well, but got soooo fed up and sick of everything (wont go into it) so i have ate crap and way too much of it, inlcuding chocolate and crisps. i reckon its my cals for toda are 2500+ :cry:, my will power and confidence fell to pieces today :sigh: i dont know what the hell i can do to conquer this "get depressed, eat everything in sight" thing?
well anyways, i am going to put it behind me, forget about it, and just carry on its all i can do, i have come too far to give up its not an option, i may put my cals down to 1100 for the rest of the week to make up for it, and boy am i gonna work my ass's off on the exercise point of view.

i hope everyone is okay?

Sorry you're having a tough time of it assj, tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start xx

Meals for my today:

B: Toast with banana and a green tea
S: Alpen Light bar
L: will be cheese salad sandwich and a packet of crisps
D: Spag bol

That lot is 1116, which leaves 384 cals for snacks in the evening.

oh jo, i really do hope you get better soon, your having such a rough ride, i think your idea to up your cals abit is good, will make for a quicker recovery and thats what you need hunni. take care xxx

i am not even going to right what i have eaten today, :break_diet: i started out well, but got soooo fed up and sick of everything (wont go into it) so i have ate crap and way too much of it, inlcuding chocolate and crisps. i reckon its my cals for toda are 2500+ :cry:, my will power and confidence fell to pieces today :sigh: i dont know what the hell i can do to conquer this "get depressed, eat everything in sight" thing?
well anyways, i am going to put it behind me, forget about it, and just carry on its all i can do, i have come too far to give up its not an option, i may put my cals down to 1100 for the rest of the week to make up for it, and boy am i gonna work my ass's off on the exercise point of view.

i hope everyone is okay?

I love your attitude , you are an inspiration!:)

Poor Jo. Rest up well!

assj, you'll be okay. Try to plan a displacement activity to turn to whenever you're craving, and be aware of your triggers (in this case, upset). For instance, I've found that if I'm in one of my food-hunting danger zones (boredom is a huge one for me), a few pre-prepared activities can distract me:
1 - Coming to this forum and catching up on all my subscribed threads or hunt for new ones. That usually kills about half an hour, by which time the craving calms down.
2 - Go to phenforum and make myself a new glittery star and add it to my calendar. Reminding myself of my achievement so far gives me just that little nudge of willpower that I need to not allow my past bad habits to get the better of me.
3 - Drink some water, or make a cup of tea.
4 - Eat something, usually an apple (nature's ultimate portable snack :D), and do so slowly. Put the apple down between bites to ensure that I'm chewing properly and paying attention to the eating, rather than just absently getting it all down :)

Your displacements depend on your circumstances and interests. After all, most of mine are required because I'm at work at the time - the chocolate-filled vending machine is tantalisingly close, boredom a constant threat, and I'm unable to just get up and leave (well, I could, but they might fire me :D). If you're at home when the snackies strike, you'll need to prepare differently - keep fruit around, consider going out for a half-hour walk, keep a book on hand or a DVD you like to watch, whatever keeps you busy and allows you to subsume your cravings.

You can do it. You've done awesomely so far! :)

so far ive had,
Slice of 35 cal bread, 60cals worth of roast beef, slice of cheese 40cals

Tuna 50cals and salad 20ish calories

90cal special k snack bar. And its 3pm here!

So far so good

I love your attitude , you are an inspiration!:)

seriously? wow i have never been called that before, thank you.

crazybrit thanks for your words, i will remember them.

hope everyone is okay?

B: 2 wholemeal nimble toast with low fat butter.
L: Banana
D: Chicken, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, roast pots (made them myself with some 1 cal spray).

Snacks: l/c melba toast with low fat butter, bottle of orange juice.

going swimming tomorrow with my aunt eek, gonna be good i think good excercise after yesterday. :D

I also had a disastrous weekend assj, you are not alone. I've undone all the good work I did last week and I'm gutted. I'm going to try another WI tomorrow as I think I'm carrying extra water weight from not drinking enough water yesterday.

I'm also going to try a couple of days going a bit lower to make up for the weekend's excesses.

b - scrambled egg on toast 230
l - chicken pesto roll with salad, yoghurt, apple - 405
d - chicken chargrill with cabbage and Tesco LC baked potato with cheese & chive - 390
sn - rice cakes, cottage cheese, soft cheese, cherry tomatoes - 145

1170, and going to aim for 3 litres of water today.

Im back :)

A full week, well, 6 days of not being in control of cooking etc... has completely taken its toll. I have put on 7 1/2 lbs in a week.
I was staying at the fellas, had 3 work functions to attend, and a birthday evening meal out. As I was staying at his, I didnt have my low-cal bread, or soup, or anything that I would have normally had, and I made the healthiest choices I could when I was out, with the exception of the countless Morgans n Coke [diet ofc!] on saturday...

Anyway, non-self-inflicted binge over, I am well and truly sick of the sight of food.
Today has been a low cal bacon sanger - 330
Ryvita and tuna curry stuff - 200
WW Yogurt - 55
I have a low cal chicken sarnie for about 3pm, that's 150, about 800 altogether for the day. We arent counting dinner because it's the fella's actual birthday today, so that means KFC and chocolate cake :eek:.... Since I made the choc cake, I know exactly what is in it. And his slice will be considerably bigger than mine, put it that way... lol! It's bloomin nice cake tho !!

Good to see you all again, feel like I need a bit of a support network now.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your kind words, My lungs have stopped creeking, well it sounded more like my own firework display going off in my lungs!! but they are silenced, those bad boy steroids and antibiotics seemed to have sorted it.
I am just left with an aching body, mainly my legs but hey i will get there.

How are you all getting on?

B porridge 300

l. Carrot soup with wholemeal bread 350

D Shepperds pie, with bread & butter 800

3 biscults oops 250 naughty ones.

Hey Jo, good to hear you're on the mend. Nice healthy meal plan too, should see you right in no time.

Welcome back Aubs! Hope you enjoyed all your naughties, now back on the wagon with you. :)

Well my plan worked, I've dropped 2lbs overnight! It's amazing what a difference drinking enough water can make. I had some extra veg with dinner and a WW yoghurt in the evening which brought me to 1250 for the day so not that much under after all. Today will be:

b - scrambled egg on WW toast, 230
l - same as yesterday (I can't get enough of that pesto mayo), 405
d - minced beef & potato dinner with loads of steamed veggies & slice of bread, 340
sn - rice cakes, cream cheese, cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes, 145

1120 total. Another 3l of water, please!

hello everyone, glad to see your feeling better jo, and welcome back auburn!

well yesterday i did not post, as i went out with friends (first time since my friends hen night back in 2008) so i rolled in at 3am drunk as a skunk (or so i am told) i drank wayyy too much and i cant really remember what i ate yday, but it wasnt bad stuff and i didnt go over my cal allowance till i started drinking (i dont usually drink so i was out of it pretty quickly) anyways, i really enjoyed myself (i think lol) and it is just what i needed, especially after the disappointment of failing my driving test yday.
anyways i am back with it today probably aiming a little lower the rest of the week to try and compensate for the last 2 days he he, i am going for a 30 min walk in a bit (in the rain.) and then i will go for a run later tonight.

Thanks everyone :)

Well n truly back on the wagon, trust me!

Today has been:
Breakfast - Oatsosimple - 220
Lunch - Tuna and sweetcorn sandwich - 358
Dinner will be a spicy beef pasta ready meal from tescos. I think I need the ready meal portions after a week of binging! Thats 480, bringing my total for meals to 1058, leaving 442 for snacks.

:)

Hello Aero - thats 165 cals.... 277 left. Thats enough for cheese on toast at supper... SCORE!!

[Oh, and I didnt have any cake last night, I was stuffed after half a tonne of chicken from KFC..!]

Back