What have we eaten today

Jo and assj, I hope you're both feeling much better soon!

Half day at college today, I was only really in to get started on a report, and I'm now thinking I've chosen a far too vague/hard study, lol. We'll see what the tutor thinks!

B: Porridge, black coffee
L: WW Chicken Tikka Masala and rice (yummmmm!) 100g strawberries and 100g grapes
D: Finally going to make that risotto. It's got rice (obviously) chicken, spring onions, onion, extra light philly with garlic and herbs.

981 calories. Fan dabby!

Hi Everyone,

New drugs seem to be working much better today, thanks guys for your kind words.:)

Lady, M did you have steroids when you had chest infections?

Been good with my food today.

B. Porridge with blueberries 300

L. Sushi 300

D.Chicken kiew, salad, chips 800

1400 approx.

hey, glad you are feeling a little better jo.

my meals for today are as follows.

B: satsuma, plum
L: Chicken sandwich
D: chicken breast, baby new pots, cauliflower, cabbage

Snacks: satsuma, banana, rivita limbos, skinny cow hot choc with skimmed milk.

done well today after my minor slip up yesterday, not much excersise though, about 30 mins walk, gosh i need to do more or i am never gonna shift this weight, i think i will go for a run/jog tomorrow night.
i think i will allow myself a chip butty for lunch tomorrow as i am really craving one but want it to be controlled and not pig out on chip shop chips when i feel fed up, the chips will be tesco light choices of course and low fat butter, but the bread will be hovis best of both which will be more cals that my usual wholemeal.
Hows everyone getting on?

Last edited:
Glad the steroids are perking you up Jo!
And I wouldn't worry too much if you allow yourself a chip butty assj - at least you'll be making the right sort of substitutions and not going for a chip shop one :)

I'm at that time of the month again pre-payday = low finances = hardly any food lol. Which is noooo good. My friend ended up taking me for lunch today so I've had:

B - zilch :(
L - cheeseburger & chips @ cafe -?? cals. Surely no more than 1000!!
D - light choices chicken tikka masala (<500 cals)
Drinks - 1 lemonade & lime with lunch & 2 litres of water.

I'll probably lose this week because of lack of real balanced meals so I'll have to watch myself next week post-payday when I'm back to eating normally!

Hope you are all getting on okies :)

Haha, couldn't resist weighing myself there - I've actually lost 5lbs since Saturday! I'm gonna make myself a ticker lol

Wow, well done Lady A! That's an amazing result!

Lady, M did you have steroids when you had chest infections?

I only had antibiotics for mine but a few years ago I was on prednisolone for almost a year for a lung inflammation caused by radiotherapy. It gave me acid reflux so if you get that go back & ask for some pills for that too. Also, stay off the booze! That's all I'm gonna say about that... :)

Went a bit over yesterday at 1340 as I had an extra crispbread with l/f cream cheese. Must stick to plan today and come in slightly under at 1235.

Today's plan:

b - scrambled egg (1 egg, 1 white) on WW toast, 50g strawberries - 245
l - same as yesterday - 405
d - quorn burger in bun with steamed broccoli, cauli & cabbage, small baked potato & cottage cheese - 420
sn - rice cakes with cottage cheese, houmous & cherry tomatoes - 165

Thanks Lady M for sharing your personal info with me, I am only on them for 5 days just to reduce the inflammation from constant coughing, but am feeling loads better, I wonder if the dr has given me the right drugs earlier i probably wouldnt have needed them. Yes defo no booze.:eek:

Wow, well done Lady A!!

Meals for me today:

B: Corn flakes
S: Tub of berries and grapes
L: WW chicken soup, 2 slices of bread and wotsits
D: ?

Had 609 calories so far today. Really not sure what I'm in the mood for tonight :s

ended up having the weirdest combination.

First I had a tesco LC baked potato with cheese and chives (YES, I am lazy!!!). 205 cals. Was hungry after an hour, so then had bowl of baby new potatoes and mixed veg. Then had some snacks. Total calories for today: 1497. Within my limits :)

me for today

B: Banana, satsuma
L: Light choices chip butty (light choices chips,hovis best of both bread, low fat butter)
D: Light choices roast chicken dinner

Snacks: plum, crackers with low fat butter.

Mmm, chip butty, I'll be having a version myself tomorrow night...

Plan for today is a little lower at 1135 to allow for a good old 'home-made takeaway' Friday night blow-out. Not sure what this will be yet, but l/f oven chips and bread will be involved. :)

b - scrambled egg on WW toast, handful of strawberries - 245
l - chicken pesto mayo roll, salad, apple, yoghurt - 405
d - Tesco LC minced beef & potato thingy, steamed veggies, bread & spread - 320 (BARGAIN)
sn - rice cakes with cottage cheese, houmous, cherry tomatoes - 165

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Meals for me today:

Breakfast: WW bagel with a laughing cow (light) triangle and a ww yogurt, black coffee
Lunch: Headed out, went for a costa, skinny cappucino, small and a green thai chicken flatbread (so good!)
Dinner: Cheese and onion quiche, baby new potatoes and mixed veg

1102 calories for that little lot.

Breakfast: About 250 calories of Crunchy Nut Clusters.
Lunch: About 280 calories of chicken salad sandwich.
Snacks: A nice, healthy, Granny Smith. Approx. 50 calories. And, uh, a nice and healthy... grabbagofWalkersSaltandVinegarcrisps... *cough* for about 250 calories.
Hopefully dinner will be 300 calories LOL.

Hi Everyone,

I have not counted my food today, we have had a spooky afternoon at warwick castle, kids loved it.

B Toast and marmite

L Hot dog

D. homemade chips and a chicken sandwhich.

going to have a small muffin and custard.

Breathing is easier today, still a bit of noise in the system though, god i think i am getting old.!!

hey everyone.

B: crackers with low fat butter
L: hl bacon on a toasted bagel
D: Cottage pie (hl extra lean steak mince, onion, bovril cubes, potatoes, stork marge) it was very nice but cost me 730 cals, i had some carrots with it.

Snacks: satsuma, skinny cow hot choc

oh and i lost 2.4lbs again this week, sooo happy with it as i did have a minor slip up in the week, and i havent done a lot of excersise so really pleased, am gonna start stepping up the excersise though.

Last edited:
Hi all, hope you're all doing well :)

B: porridge and green tea
S: two rice cakes and philadelphia extra light
Lunch: homemade soup, cream crackers (2) with a light scraping of butter and 20g Gouda and a pear

That's 559 for breakfast, morning snack and lunch.

Not sure what to have for dinner yet, we're getting a grocery delivery soon, so will see what's in that.

Well done girls, & guys for keeping this thread going, have you seen how many people have read these comments and maybe how many we have given a bit of inspiration!:happy096:

Morning everyone.

Nice one assj, onwards and downwards.

I've been feeling great this week, really motivated, full of energy and my clothes are hanging off me. I couldn't be happier with the way this is going, I thought I might struggle switching over from Atkins but I think I've got the hang of this now and it all seems to be moving in the right direction. Thanks for the support, guys. :)

b - golden syrup porridge & slice of WW toast 285
l - WW tomato soup, bread, salad, apple 295

I'm also getting a grocery delivery later so will be spoilt for choice for my tea, but it will probably be either breaded chicken or fishcakes at 185, l/f oven chips with bread and spread and a big salad, altogether about 525. Leaving plenty for snacks later, if I have room for them!

Yes lou its fab is'nt it:D

B. pineapple 150

l Salad pitta with tiny bit of lamb 400
2 chocolates 100

D not sure yet,

going to do a bit of pumkin carving later!!

Back